Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

e46 m3 vers 350z touring 6 spd

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 09:31 AM
dragonbz99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e46 m3 vers 350z touring 6 spd

help me, some kid in my school got a new white m3, and my black and orange touring doesnt come till probably a few weeks later. i know the z has many times as better looking, thats why i bought it, but if any of you have driven both cars, which has better performance? thanks
Old 09-07-2002, 09:46 AM
DrDrilZ

not again!?!?!?
Old 09-07-2002, 05:50 PM
perucho

This one is better

Old 09-07-2002, 05:51 PM
perucho

ooops that didnt' work....here you go....

click here

Old 09-07-2002, 06:00 PM
tbcz

Both cars offer outstanding performance, but I think it's safe to say that all else being equal the M3 will slightly outperform the Z...which doesn't come as a surprise considering it costs about $20K more. Then again, if you're willing to drop that much coin, go for a Z6 Vette and smoke your bimmer buddy.

However, the Z has them both beat in the head-turning department.
Old 09-07-2002, 06:39 PM
baven

Well, flip side.

For one, on this forum you are going to get extremely biased opinions from folks who just dropped a large piece of their spendable income on one of the cars you question.

For two, different cars. Big price difference and even bigger daily use difference. One is a two seater pure sports car, the other is a german luxury sedan... with some mojo.

Three, both being stock the E46 will chew up a Z. No offense to the guys here, but a good idea of what you could expect is to lose by 4-5 car lengths against a m3 in the quarter, with a decent driver behind each wheel. Thats not huge, and consider the pricetags. M3's are well over 50k and Z's sit around 27k.

Lastly, the Z looks and "headturning" will fade in 4-6 months when the cars begin to get into mass-produced circulation. The M3 looks will always present more of a "status" symbol IMO, but then again I might be biased, but thats not why I bought the car anyway.

But yes, if you want to "beat" your friend in a race and have 50k to toss around, then get a Z06.

Lastly, wtf are kids in school getting handed 35-50g cars for? Welcome to Jersey!
Old 09-07-2002, 07:53 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by baven

Lastly, wtf are kids in school getting handed 35-50g cars for? Welcome to Jersey!

no ****, what happened to the days when kids at school drove either a vw bus or beetle. Spoiled bastards.
Old 09-07-2002, 08:45 PM
kl0n0pin

Talking

Hehe I love being 20!
Old 09-08-2002, 06:05 AM
baven

Yea, its easy to afford great cars when you sit in your parents basement
Old 09-08-2002, 09:00 AM
gammbino350z

Aren't there more inportant things in the world than two high school kids dropping 50K on cars so they can say theirs is faster than the other kids. I say save your hard earned money (or your parents money) and buy the Z (I cant believe I just said that). As soon as you drive that brand new M3 off the lot it will start to depreciate and in about 5 years that car will be worth less than half as much as what you bought it for.
Old 09-08-2002, 07:00 PM
kl0n0pin

Default OOops! I guess I forgot to mention,

I've been living on my own since 17

bought <two> s2000's myself
bought <one> e46 m3 myself

Director of South Floridas Dining Guide and now working at Honda.

I asked my mother for 3 years, 15, 16, and 17 for a decent drivable car that I can atleast pay her back for and the answer was always no. So I went out and did it myself.

Resale of the m3;

FYI I bought the e46 m3 Cab. as a Demo at Holman Lauderdale Imports <Here in Fort Lauderdale, FL> at $54k it had 3750miles on it, I purchased it in 02/2002 and "Traded it" and got $53k for it in 06/2002. Keep in mind I traded it, I didn't even sell it privately.
For another s2000
Old 09-08-2002, 07:25 PM
BrainStorm

Default Re: OOops! I guess I forgot to mention,

Originally posted by kl0n0pin
I've been living on my own since 17

bought <two> s2000's myself
bought <one> e46 m3 myself

Director of South Floridas Dining Guide and now working at Honda.

I asked my mother for 3 years, 15, 16, and 17 for a decent drivable car that I can atleast pay her back for and the answer was always no. So I went out and did it myself.

Resale of the m3;

FYI I bought the e46 m3 Cab. as a Demo at Holman Lauderdale Imports <Here in Fort Lauderdale, FL> at $54k it had 3750miles on it, I purchased it in 02/2002 and "Traded it" and got $53k for it in 06/2002. Keep in mind I traded it, I didn't even sell it privately.
For another s2000

Did you go to college?
Old 09-08-2002, 08:30 PM
baven

17 year old affording 100k in cars nearly? Drug dealer? Its awful hard to make that kinda cash legit at that age :P
Old 09-08-2002, 08:48 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

C'mon people. We don't really need all this kid bashing here. This site seems to have an innate dislike for young kids that drive nice cars. I, for one, don't understand it. If they can afford it, or if their parents can, who cares. This is really getting ridiculous.

JD
Old 09-08-2002, 09:14 PM
roberto350z

hey. We gotta stop getting pissed at these kids coming in here. If this isnt a silly joke, then this isnt the first well-to-do teen with car dilemmas.

dragonblz is just looking for some advice, and in the world of internet, you are gonna find all types of people. Whether or not they are child prodigies, internet tycoons, drug dealers, or children with billionaire parents, it isnt our business. We also cant go around and criticizing the way some parents are raising their children.

What we should do, is try to convey the idea that being given lavish presents dimishes your ability to enjoy them as much as if you worked for them. Thats it, no more. Just as long as dragonballz99 know this..then I say:

...get the Z and watch the M3 kid get jealous. Trust me, cuz he cant get one, and the Z is a true sports car. I am willing to bet that all your friends will "like" you car more.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:47 AM
baven

Hey, its fine if you are "fortunate" and are given a nice car, what roasts me is these kids who are given nice cars see their friends being given a nicer car and then they WANT a even nicer car yet, they expect to be handed everything.

Then they all have the obligatory "I am a mature teen" line and "You would do it too". I lay you dimes to donuts that most of them are BS and the few that are not are because of f'd up parents who dont know how to raise a kid.

Sure is a good way to learn responsibility and earning things in life ;p
Old 09-09-2002, 06:36 AM
BrainStorm

Hey, its fine if you are "fortunate" and are given a nice car, what roasts me is these kids who are given nice cars see their friends being given a nicer car and then they WANT a even nicer car yet, they expect to be handed everything.

Then they all have the obligatory "I am a mature teen" line and "You would do it too". I lay you dimes to donuts that most of them are BS and the few that are not are because of f'd up parents who dont know how to raise a kid.

I have to agree. You appreciate your car more if it wasn't just handed to you. My first car was a hand-me-down '97 Altima with 55,000 miles on it...I thought it was the best thing in the world but man, did I abuse that thing...I didn't appreciate it for what it was worth.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:53 PM
roberto350z

ONCE AGAIN...I dont respect you making judgement on parents like you know what's REALLY going on. Are you a millionaire parent? I dont know any. And once more, are you a millionaire parent who is NEW wealth? I just think saying "f*** up parents" is imposing an opinion. We have NO idea how money would change our ideas and views.

In all reality...maybe buying ANY car for a teenager is being a "f*** up parent." I mean, I walked through the snow, uphill (both ways), in below freezing temperature, and with no pants on to get to school...and I LIKED it
Old 09-10-2002, 08:32 AM
XeroDgrees

Originally posted by VQracer
no need for that ****. Maybe some of us are more fortunate than others. There is nothing wrong with that.

What car do you drive? besides your dad's 350z?

I was always called the rich kid in school and everyone thought I had everything handed to me. Sad truth is that I could've paid for my cars myself, my dad just wanted to give me something he was never given when he was a kid and would'nt have been able to give me 5yrs before I turned 16.

I'm 21 now and I have spent over $8k on mods for my celica in a matter of 4-5months.

The Z is next...

Quick Reply: e46 m3 vers 350z touring 6 spd