Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 04:23 PM
zunzet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy What to do?

Was told to pick up my car from having the tire wear/alignment tsb done.

Took a quick look at the rims and tires before I went in to pick up the keys.

OH MY G@D! They hacked up the outer lip on the passenger side and chipped a spoke on the driver as well as some minor lip damage.

I went in to pick up the keys and was told everything was good and there was no charge for the TSB service. Have a nice day.

I don't think so! I want to see the service manager.

Went out to see the damage. He claims he was aware of the damage. Oh, you don't bother to mention it to me? BEFORE I am told to have a nice day, leave, find the damage after I get home and then blame me.

He claims the TRACK rims are very difficult to work with when changing tires. That's my problen HOW?

I did not bring in the car to have more problems than I started with. He acknowledged that of all the cars, it had to happen to this one. I'm not a crazy fanatic but keep my car pristine and expect it to be returned in the same condition it was left in.

He said reluctantly he would have the rims repaired. Repaired? All I can say is they better look like they came off the factory floor!

OH, Forgot one major issue! They balanced the wheels and put weights on the OUTSIDE lip of the rim. Jesus Christ! what were they thinking. When I mentioned it, he said that is the right way to balance them. How come the factory does not do it that way?

What should I do? I purchased the car at the same dealer, and have all recommended service performed by them as well as synthetic oil changes.

Not a happy camper.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:45 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the problem is; most places are not equipped to handle 18" rims... luckily when I brought my rims in to have work done; they said they would mount the tires; but they could not do the alignment because where it would normally mount up to the rubber sidewall; it would be mounting to the rim on an 18" wheel.

not all places will be so forthcoming with this information; should always ask.
Old 12-18-2003, 03:38 PM
BFG10

My dealer replaced all four of my rims after scratching each friggin one. Brand new rims...all 4.

I would demand the same or start threatening.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:23 PM
zunzet

The service manager called and said the rims were repaired and looked great. I am supposed to pick up the car on Sat, but he is not there.
If I do not like the way they look, the car stays.

I'll let you all know the outcome.