2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the Hell!?! I have yet to see a Z!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 07:06 PM
airgate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy What the Hell!?! I have yet to see a Z!

Damn, it's been a few weeks now. I have not seen a new Z yet!

And I have been on the roads quite a bit lately. Last weekend, I drove from New Bern (where I live) to Baltimore. Nothing on the way, nothing on the way back!

Then, just this weekend, I drove from New Bern again to Richmond. No new Z's on the way and none on the way back!

I just want to see one. I love seeing the pics you all have of your Z's! I think it's fantastic.

Well, I know I'll see one eventually, it's just strange I've not seen one yet. Got to see and drive the new Accord today. I'm considering the new 350Z as a daily driver for me.

BTW, what are your thoughts on a Chrome Silver with burnt orange?
Old 09-09-2002, 07:09 PM
stungeon
Charter Member #63

You would see me if you came to Raleigh. I have done 1400 miles in a week.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:10 PM
nickdtm

I haven't seen one yet either
Old 09-09-2002, 07:11 PM
rouxeny

Think about it this way, there were about 6200 pre orders. They're not evenly distributed in the US, ie. there are way more in LA than in say, Opie, Indiana. Given this, I don't think that even 1/4 or definitely 1/3 of the cars have been delivered yet.

So...basically, the thing is pretty rare still, I think it'll be fairly tough to see one randomly. At least for now.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:12 PM
airgate

Originally posted by stungeon
You would see me if you came to Raleigh. I have done 1400 miles in a week.
Hmmmm. . .I tell you what! We have our annual S2000 meet in Knoxville this weekend where we run into Alcoa and run the Dragon. 11 miles with 318 curves, oh yeah baby!

I'm driving into Raleigh Friday morning. Wonder if we could coordinate a meet somewhere? PM me.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:15 PM
robbycolli

Default I'm with you airgate.

My Z has been on order since 2/3/02 and have not seen one either. I'n the third on the list in Wilmington, and have had a VIN for about three weeks now. I heard the boat with my Z is supposed to be at the port on the 9th, and that's today. And then maybe less than 2 weeks until it arives. Anyway, I would just as well not have anyone drive through Wilmington in a Z untill mine arives.

Rob
Old 09-09-2002, 07:17 PM
stungeon
Charter Member #63

LOL! I almost drove down to Wilmington this afternoon to see the big waves from the storm.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:18 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What the Hell!?! I have yet to see a Z!

Originally posted by airgate
BTW, what are your thoughts on a Chrome Silver with burnt orange?
Nissan doesn't offer Burnt Orange on Chrome Silver, but I think it'd look fantastic.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:29 PM
airgate

Default Re: Re: What the Hell!?! I have yet to see a Z!

Originally posted by ZGiRL

Nissan doesn't offer Burnt Orange on Chrome Silver, but I think it'd look fantastic.
Really? The Nissan salesguy said. . .

Damn, wait. A salesguy, I should know better!
Old 09-09-2002, 09:20 PM
devolution

Your problem is you're looking in VA / MD for Z's... See the previous threads about the delivery issues in these states... So far I'm going on one week past my promised delivery date... HOPEFULLY my car comes in tommorow... Kinda sad seeing people with higher vins / later orders who have had their car for weeks.

Once the delivery issues get fixed I'm sure you'll see some Z's around baltimore
Old 09-09-2002, 09:58 PM
VaGentleman

Originally posted by devolution
Your problem is you're looking in VA / MD for Z's... See the previous threads about the delivery issues in these states... So far I'm going on one week past my promised delivery date... HOPEFULLY my car comes in tommorow... Kinda sad seeing people with higher vins / later orders who have had their car for weeks.

Once the delivery issues get fixed I'm sure you'll see some Z's around baltimore
Ditto the above. My delivery date was 9/4 *grrrrrrrrrr* At least my dealer had a CS that I could sit in. Fits nice *I'm 6'2*...I might have to go back on a regualar basis to get my Z fix until mine arrives

Hang in there!
Old 09-09-2002, 10:51 PM
ZON

Well I watched Monday Night Football tonight, haha Steelers, and saw the new commercials. And on Saturday z350z picked me up in his DB Performance and took me for my first ride in one. We went into the local hills. Low and behold as we got into the hills we pulled up to a Black w/Burnt Orange Touring 350Z. The guy just picked it up the night before. He wasn't much of a z enthusiast at all and he said he wasn't sure if he would sell it at a profit, LOL, or keep it. Guys like that really **** me off. But anyway the ride was a blast and when he went thru the gears it really snapped my head into the seat. From a passengers perspective it was really a very comfortable ride and the suspension was not brutal at all but very very good handling at the same time. I was very impressed with that.

Thanks Chris!! Next we take my DB Touring when I get her.
Old 09-10-2002, 04:25 AM
jgrier

Kinda of dumb on Nissan's part to show all of their promo's of a Chrome Silver with Burnt Orange Leather and it's not even an option. You have to get Silverstone to get burnt orange leather.
I saw one come off the truck in that combo and it's pretty schweet.
Attached Thumbnails What the Hell!?!  I have yet to see a Z!-bill_z.jpg  
Old 09-12-2002, 09:33 AM
airgate

Default DAMN!!! Almost got to see one today!

I was at the Honda dealer having my S2000 serviced and I saw a semi carrying a Daytona Blue 350Z!

It looked great but I was unable to give any chase. The dealer in Jacksonville is about 45 minutes away and is receiving it for delivery to a local veterinarian. I was amazed on how much info the sales guy gave me over the phone on the buyer.

At any rate, I don't really have the time today to drive out into Jacksonville to see it but damn, I wish I could.

I think I may stop by Raleigh and see stungeon's!
Old 09-12-2002, 12:19 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I have never seen one in person. At this point I don't want to. I want the very first one I lay eyes on to be mine!
Old 09-13-2002, 07:01 AM
stungeon
Charter Member #63

Just met Airgate and 3 other of his S2000 buddies. That the first time that I got a good close look at the S2000. They are very sweet cars. I would love to have one parked next to my Z in the garrage.

Nice to meet you Airgate and I hope you guys have a blast in the mountains this weekend.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:16 AM
mcclaskz

air- if you come down to wilmington you can see mine, email me. CS Performance,
izulookin- Rob it was good to meet you the other night! email me if you want to take a spin
-Rob.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:39 AM
SuperG

Default I'm with Dr. Bonz

Haven't seen a Z in real life yet (even though I live in OC and work in LA). It ain't like I've been off the road either (average 600 miles a week).

It's been so long now and I hope my own Z is so close that I think I want to maintain "radio silence" on seeing one before I take delivery of mine. If I do see one, I'll just shut my eyes, cover my ears and go lalalalala. Yeah right, some poor guy will have to wipe my nose grease off his windows

I want my Z -- this board's the only thing keeping me going.

SuperG
Old 09-13-2002, 10:56 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Originally posted by throbbing_Zon
Well I watched Monday Night Football tonight, haha Steelers, and saw the new commercials. And on Saturday z350z picked me up in his DB Performance and took me for my first ride in one. We went into the local hills. Low and behold as we got into the hills we pulled up to a Black w/Burnt Orange Touring 350Z. The guy just picked it up the night before. He wasn't much of a z enthusiast at all and he said he wasn't sure if he would sell it at a profit, LOL, or keep it. Guys like that really **** me off. But anyway the ride was a blast and when he went thru the gears it really snapped my head into the seat. From a passengers perspective it was really a very comfortable ride and the suspension was not brutal at all but very very good handling at the same time. I was very impressed with that.

Thanks Chris!! Next we take my DB Touring when I get her.
Hey, you're welcome, Zee-On (finally learned how to pronounce it!) The other things that bugged me about the other Z driver were 1) He said "I think it's called the 'Touring' model or something like that", and 2) Big bag of Burger King on the seat and giant soda in the passenger cupholder on the FIRST DRIVE. That, coupled with the fact that he's thinking of selling it, means he's not one of us (i.e. 350Z fanatics). But it was nice to see the black with the orange leather -- never saw one of those before.

Glad you liked the ride!
Old 09-13-2002, 12:26 PM
z-extreme

I have seen 3 so far. Of course all 3 have been at the dealer in the showroom or maintenance bay.

9/3/02 - Brickyard (E)
9/9/02 - LeMans Sunset (E)
9/11/02 - Brickyard (T)

I would love to see one on the road weeving through traffic.

South Eastern Wisconsin.

Quick Reply: What the Hell!?! I have yet to see a Z!