Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
View Poll Results: Which Z should win the Z of the Year award?
February | TXSTYLE
2.42%
March | wadd3456
1.34%
April | MATIX
4.57%
May | john350Z
16.40%
June | killa3z
4.03%
July | Dr Bonz
24.73%
August | JimH
8.06%
September | BigBadBlackTrack
21.24%
October | shaneotool
3.23%
November | mcduck
5.65%
December | kitkos
8.33%
Voters: 372. You may not vote on this poll

MY350Z.COM Z of the Year - Please VOTE!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 12:39 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I dont think I'm worthy and I vote for everyones car! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Its a great achievement for all the nominated people to make their car to a custom car that they love.

Oh one note though... for those who dont know. The car below is NOT sponsored by any company! It was purposely built as a show car from the ground up for my enjoyment, hey its a hobby. For that reason its not a daily driver.

Borla wanted to borrow the car for SEMA so they got to put on the Sticker. In exchange I got a free exhaust and free accomodations to the show.

With the money invested on the car I do get parts at cost and thats about it. Im sure most of you have that ability given that you have friends that work in the automotive business. And yes I also paid for the Turbo and Tuning at a slightly below retail price.

Everything that you see on the car was paid for by me. theres only 3 free stuff on that car... the hood, the exhaust and audio cables. Everything is priced at retail or almost at cost.

I just wanted to clarify things
Attached Thumbnails MY350Z.COM Z of the Year - Please VOTE!!-jpeg.jpg  

Last edited by BigBadBlackTrack; 02-02-2004 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:25 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

Originally posted by funkymonkey1111
please stop voting for BigBadBlackTrack. It's a riced up embarassment. If these are the mods that are turning on voters, we're all in trouble.
Oh and for you Mr. funkmonkey... care to explain how spending $35,000 of which $1,500 was "sponsored" to modify a Track Model Z is considered ricey?!

I guess brands such as HRE Wheels, Bride, Veilside, Tein and a Power Enterprise twin turbo are soooo Ricey huh? Darn I better go back and start modding my Kia!
Attached Thumbnails MY350Z.COM Z of the Year - Please VOTE!!-collage.jpg  

Last edited by BigBadBlackTrack; 02-02-2004 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:14 PM
trash259

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by BigBadBlackTrack
Oh and for you Mr. funkmonkey... care to explain how spending $35,000 of which $1,500 was "sponsored" to modify a Track Model Z is considered ricey?!

I guess brands such as HRE Wheels, Bride, Veilside, Tein and a Power Enterprise twin turbo are soooo Ricey huh? Darn I guess i guess I better go back and start modding my Kia!
BigBadBlackTrack forget what funkmonkey typed....if he thinks it's rice so be it. Hell everything is rice now a days....when ppl yell rice....i just say: "To you it's rice....so what....think i care?"

On another note....All the cars listed definitely deserves to win one time or another. However...I voted for the most modified and badass looking one out of the group .
Old 02-02-2004, 04:06 PM
BJF2K

I think monkey should learn how to shut his mouth
Old 02-02-2004, 05:23 PM
ShOwCaSeTypeS
Banned

Dang!! Nice Z guys..

But "tsk tsk tsk" what ever that Mr Funky****er said...just ignore him... He just hating on your car..

Anyways.. you got my vote BBBT and TSC got your back 247 hommie..

Just do your thing hommie and represent to the Fullest...

Sup John!! Nice Z hehehe
Old 02-02-2004, 09:34 PM
35oZephyR

"rice" - very constructive.

I guess some folks can't appreciate the hard work and pioneering spirit that goes into a unique show car.

Old 02-03-2004, 03:47 PM
mcduck

The car below is NOT sponsored by any company!
BBT...
I don't doubt your word in the post above, but at the risk of being nitpicky...

if you are getting discount or free parts in exchange for displaying your car, putting a logo on your car, etc. You are sponsored.

You may not have an "official" contract saying your are sponsored, but your are sponsored unofficially because you are receiving goods or services for the betterment of your vehicle in exchange for display of your vehicle and/or advertising on it.

I personally don't care much one way or the other whether the car is sponsored (officially or unofficially) myself... the votes will speak for themselves. In my opinion, all those company logo stickers look tacky, but if you and others like that, more power to you.

BTW, sweet wheels, BBT! I'll have to get me a set like those... oh wait... I already did!
Old 02-03-2004, 06:10 PM
ShOwCaSeTypeS
Banned

Dang mcduck!! STOP QUAKING YOUR MOUTH!! Just vote...cos thats all this forum ask you to do...

Just to let you guys know that BBBT's car is not a sposored car.. TSC knows that... Its all about hard work.. If you dont know what "HARD WORK MEANS MCDUCK" ask your mama..

Also if you hate BBBT's car, why you got to buy the same wheels for??.... Dang dude your nothing but a biter....
Old 02-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

READ HIS POST!! He didn't say he didn't like it. All he said was he didn't like the STICKERS!

Personally, I think his car looks badass but as a SHOWCAR. I wouldn't consider it a daily driver by any means.

No one said that he didn't put hard work into his car. He obviously has. But lets call a spade a spade! The car IS SPONSORED! If it wasn't, he wouldn't have all the stickers all over it! I don't care if they paid for all or some of his mods or even if they gave them to him at cost. His car is sponsored.

BTW, do you really need FOUR video screens in a car like this? I'm assuming the two things on the sun visors and the one in the rear behind the strut are video screens.

Last edited by Dr Bonz; 02-03-2004 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:19 AM
funkymonkey1111

BigBadBlackTrack:

The fact that you claim you are not sponsored yet STILL put stickers on your car is further evidence of the Rice-ification of your Z. Modify your car all you want, but when it becomes a rolling billboard, it's just tacky. Do you ever see Ferraris and Porsches stickered up like that? No--those guys know they've "arrived" and have nice rides. You, via your sticker array, feel the need to display what you think defines your car as cool. Look at Bonz' ride--modified, yet very slick, and devoid of stickers. His are class mods, not mods thrown on for the very sake of having them on the car.

And, for your comment about how much you've spent on the Z--try and sell it for what you've got in it and see how far you get.

yours,
funky
Old 02-04-2004, 07:14 AM
ShOwCaSeTypeS
Banned

Wow Dr Bonz "Don’t be scared of BBBT's car” cos what ever happen, he’s not going to listen to you and he’s car is way better than your car with or with our the stickers. Also about the video sceen... that’s just for us, cos car show are long and boring. So we want to watch movie during the show. And for funkyFoCKer1111 in your mouth ... just let it go... cos he fixed that car up to not impress you, but to impressed the judges and compete against the best car here in socal.. If both of you doesn’t want BBBT to win... just say it and stop hating.

Hey BBBT!! Just do your thing and represent to the fullest. Ignore what this two ignorant said about your car, cos your car proven to you that is not ricey by taking home more than 20 trophies since you start showing and not to mention 2004 Best of show at Chinatown Showoff.

It would be better if both of you just vote and let it go, cos that this entire forum ask you guys to do. Maybe I missed the part that BBBT car cant compete cos he got a lot of sponsor. Tell you guys what, hes not going to remove those sticker just for both of you knuckle heads.

HATERS!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ShOwCaSeTypeS; 02-05-2004 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:52 AM
BigBadBlackTrack

What part of "showcar" dont you understand? The car was at SEMA! All booth cars were slappped with decals. If we take mcducks post into consideration then I am sposored by definition.

I never pretended to race or drift the car because I cant afford to. I used to drive the car regularly until it got hit with a tent in the freeway. You can guess how the car looked after that. With so many shows to go to thats something I cant afford.

The car was built for the spirit of competion because I wanted to be locally recognized and have one of the best Zs. In fact while building this car I became good friends with the cali Z people some of which is John350z. I never thought the car will take a life of its own and be this big. It was built for my enjoyment.

Let me educate you in the show curcuit here in California. They judge the car by point system 10 points each for a. rims, b. suspension, c. audio, d. engine, e. bodykit, f. paint, g. interior, h. attractiveness, i. cleanliness and your favorite J. BODY GRAPHICS!

For me to take home a trophy I need to cover all categories and thus your sticker comment comes into play.

Its a showcar thats rarely driven so get over it.

Oh and regarding this:
"try and sell it for what you've got in it and see how far you get"

Depreciation is a fact of life. How about you try and sell your Z and lest see how much you can get for it. The rules of depreciation covers your car and all my mods.

Last edited by BigBadBlackTrack; 02-05-2004 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:35 PM
BJF2K

well said!...
Old 02-04-2004, 07:44 PM
BJF2K

well said!... (oops clicked twice)

Last edited by BJF2K; 02-04-2004 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:50 PM
SomeGuywitha-Z

Originally posted by funkymonkey1111
BigBadBlackTrack:

The fact that you claim you are not sponsored yet STILL put stickers on your car is further evidence of the Rice-ification of your Z. Modify your car all you want, but when it becomes a rolling billboard, it's just tacky. Do you ever see Ferraris and Porsches stickered up like that? No--those guys know they've "arrived" and have nice rides. You, via your sticker array, feel the need to display what you think defines your car as cool. Look at Bonz' ride--modified, yet very slick, and devoid of stickers. His are class mods, not mods thrown on for the very sake of having them on the car.

And, for your comment about how much you've spent on the Z--try and sell it for what you've got in it and see how far you get.

yours,
funky
Hey! why dunt you STFU its none of your bussiness he likes stickin stickers on his car(he bought it, not you). ITS A FREAKIN NISSAN! "A JAPANESE CAR" NO $HIT ITS RICE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN WHY DON'T YOU GO BACK DRIVING YOUR F-150!Just becuz your car sux, and cant afford those stuff doesnt mean he cant afford it. so just back off fool. ITS OBVIOUS THAT YOU HAVE ABSOLUTE NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT SHOWCARS.

mineS,
sZ

Last edited by SomeGuywitha-Z; 02-04-2004 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:26 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

BLAH AFIHDSIGH

aSDFNSDF

thats all ive gotten out of the last page.... i abstain from voting.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:52 PM
mcduck

BBT...
for the record, I have no ill-feelings toward you or what you have done. I simply don't prefer the look you went with (though I understand why you have done it that way). I'm just saying that if you received discounted or free upgrades/accessories, which you said yourself that you did, then your car is being "sponsored" on some level unless all those upgrades were gifts given to you by non-business entities. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm beginning to set up a relationship like that now. I just don't think it is truthful for anyone to claim to be unsponsored when they are receiving preferential treatment in exchange for appearances and/or advertising.

Not really sure what got up ShowCaseTypeS's butt, but he/she is a newbie troll so I don't really care.

And for the record...
Also if you hate BBBT's car, why you got to buy the same wheels for??....
I'm pretty sure I had my iForged before BBT had his wheels. At worst, we both ordered them prior to either of us having them. It just shows that we both have good taste in rims!
Old 02-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

ShowCaseTypeS
Was ANY of that post even in English???

It looked more like it was written in Klingon!
Old 02-05-2004, 02:30 PM
ShOwCaSeTypeS
Banned

Here you go Dr Bonz, McDuck and Funkyfocker 8==============D .. STFU and let it go..

F_ucking HATERS!!!
Old 02-05-2004, 04:39 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

mcduck,

Hey its cool you definitely had a valid point about the sponsors and stuff. No worries.

One point though its not iForged wheels. I have HREs which was designed for Porches, Ferraris and Beamers at $1,300 a piece without tires. That was the 1st mod and it wasnt sponsored.

Last edited by BigBadBlackTrack; 02-05-2004 at 07:34 PM.

Quick Reply: MY350Z.COM Z of the Year - Please VOTE!!