Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealing with haters

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 06:04 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cgkp0925

When you park far out where there's absolutely no one else, there's a reason someone does it. In our cases, we don't want careless damage done to our cars from careless people who don't think twice, and who obviously don't care about others' property.

All I ask for is a one-spot courtesy. That's it.

If you park far away where no one is going to park next to you anyway then why take up two spaces? You end up looking like the typical douche BMW owner who does it just for the sake of trying to look cool. When I am looking for a a parking space I always make it a point to park as close to the curb as possible so even if someone did park next to me, there still a good 4 to 6 feet away. Food for thought.

With that said, the guy who parked close to the OP is a dick. It would be interesting to have waited for him to come back to his car so you could confront him and see what his reply would be.

Last edited by AroundMyHorn; 07-20-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:14 AM
JERZ350

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

OP, I understand what you're saying. Huge completely empty parking lot and you choose the furthest spot. I do it too, sometimes I do take 2 spots if it's way out back and there's a million open spots, ever since my Z got hit and run in parking lot, parked in a normal spot close to the place. I don't feel it is a dick move to do that, you're just somebody that takes pride in your car and maintaining it, while most other people don't really give a crap at all.

If the dude didn't damage your car at all and he was just being a dick then I wouldn't damage his car back. But i might just let the air out of his tires. Call it what you want, but if he had the ***** to pull a dick move like that, he must be willing to get some **** for it. It's a pretty bold move to purposely mess with someone that you don't know, that's when bad things happen, when you mess with someone you don't know that was having a bad day. Must have a pretty lame life that you need to get your jollies off from stuff like this.

Last edited by JERZ350; 07-20-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:03 AM
cgkp0925

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
If you park far away where no one is going to park next to you anyway then why take up two spaces? You end up looking like the typical douche BMW owner who does it just for the sake of trying to look cool. When I am looking for a a parking space I always make it a point to park as close to the curb as possible so even if someone did park next to me, there still a good 4 to 6 feet away. Food for thought.
I never agreed on the OP taking up 2 spaces. I just said there's a reason, as I previously stated, people park far away from others, not just to be "cool".

If there is no immediate far distance parking, I always look for a corner spot myself, which I in-turn hug the curb as close as possible.

My food was eaten a long time ago, thank you.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:05 AM
350ZZJoe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With that said, the guy who parked close to the OP is a dick. It would be interesting to have waited for him to come back to his car so you could confront him and see what his reply would be.
I don't agree with your first statement. Doesn't matter how far away I park, I always have someone parking next to me for what seems like no god dam reason.

But I always try to minimize the risk by parking tight to a curb like you said. That way, assuming the other driver parks properly in their space, you are a good couple feet away from the next driver.

And finally, I don't see how parking over the line next to a lump of mulch is an ahole move. If it's not impeding anybody else than who cares?

**All of these comments are on the assumption that OP was actually far away from the entrance and not 3 spots over from the next car.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:15 AM
Firebase99

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You take 2 parking spaces=DIC*HEAD. That is all.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:28 AM
ny garbage_juice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lets see

you park like a jerkoff
you use the term "haters"
you wanted to do something to their car for parking next to you

no sympathy from me
Old 07-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Bret86944

Rhino Liner

whole car

problem solved
Old 07-20-2012, 09:13 AM
AngelsVQ

If you took up two parking spaces then you deserved it.
yup, your not driving a lambo.... and even those people dont deserve to do it
Old 07-20-2012, 09:28 AM
IDrm350

Carry a valve stem remover with you and take their valve stems out. No permanent damage but it's a HUGE inconvenience.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:35 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ny garbage_juice
lets see

you park like a jerkoff
you use the term "haters"
you wanted to do something to their car for parking next to you

no sympathy from me
Old 07-20-2012, 09:35 AM
secwind

There's this German guy at my apartment drives a Mk 4 Golf (non-GTi). He takes two spaces every single day, and just sit next to his car on a beach chair all day...

I have a pretty packed parking lot too. I'm so suprised his little golf havent got keyed yet.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Raybrant

You're lucky he didn't leave any dings on your brand new Lamborghini.

Don't take up two spots and it won't happen again. It doesn't matter if there are 50 free spots and it's all the way at the back of the lot, you don't do it.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:48 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

dude you are a total jack-as for taking up more than 1 spot. I'd park like that next to you on purpose every time.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:30 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Taking up two spaces is like putting up a huge banner screaming out at all haters even the ones who didn't take notice to mess with it.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Kulwiec

I never take up 2 spaces and always park pretty straight and in the middle of my space, I got over always parking a mile a way when I'm going somewhere a few months after I got it. I still park far from time to time except when I can't like at the movies.

Recently when I went to see Ted I came out to a Honda SUV parked like this / | and I couldn't open my door at all and literally had to climb through my window. I'm also 6'3 so it took me some embarrassing 30 seconds to do.

Biggest loogie I've ever spit.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Apocelypse

I park my car as close to my destination as possible because I'm an American and my time is more precious than those few steps further to the store or worrying about my car getting scratched.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:03 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Apocelypse
I park my car as close to my destination as possible because I'm an American and my time is more precious than those few steps further to the store or worrying about my car getting scratched.
On a related note, I always see tons of people waiting on parking spaces in the front when they could have just parked a little bit farther out and saved time by getting out and walking. It's the typical American thing to do.

Last edited by AroundMyHorn; 07-20-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:23 PM
deeno

On a related note, I always see tons of people waiting on parking spaces in the front when they could have just parked a little bit farther out and saved time by getting out and walking. It's the typical American thing to do.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:58 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I'm worried about my car, I park it in the far corner of the parking lot and I park it as close to the curb as possible, leaving the most space between myself and the parking space beside me. Parking close to the line or over it defeats the whole purpose?
Old 07-20-2012, 03:06 PM
350ZNISMO673

Taking two parking spaces is a d!@k move. I park my car on end spots where they have those artificial islands drawn on the concrete so not to infringe on someone else's actual parking space.

Quick Reply: Dealing with haters