2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

renew my warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 06:00 AM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Mullen1990
an update

the warranty would cost me 3200$.... no clue why but they said it would be same as the new car warranty

with that kind of money spent i could dump all kinds of mods into the car

i still have a powertrain warranty and was wondering if there are any things i could say to perhaps... get nissan to rebuild or replace some things under the powertrain warranty?
my friends dad has an xterra and got them to replace the entire engine free of charge with the HR engine. and said the dealer knows him by name and said if i wanted to get any and all things possible replaced go to the guy who worked out the engine replacement

i have a sport clutch, air intake & magnaflow exhaust. would this cause them to not service the car?

things i have noticed is occasional flywheel chatter but apparently thats due to a sport clutch and the cars have natural chatter

it sounds like a truck sometimes at low rpm in first gear. and i get the occasional stiff shift at low speeds but at racing speeds i have butter shifts..

but its at 56k miles and is almost out of powertrain warranty so if i can milk it before its gone id like to
that's arip off.. I bought Nissan's New car Gold warranty best you can buy and was only 1200...
Old 04-02-2013, 07:22 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That is a rip off $3200 you mind as well take the chance. A lot of third party Warranty companies have many many stipulations and fine print. I never would buy one nor suggest anyone to.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:53 AM
ehaalandtluk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldschool350z
First thing I learned in business school never buy the warranty.

Nissan's and foreign cars are built to last as long as they are well maintained. My brothers camry has 258K on it and still runs better then most older vehicles with half that.
Your business school is probably of lower quality then.

Bought an extended warranty in 2008 and it paid out 150% of the contract amount in repairs (including the deductible).

Yes I'm calling you ignorant.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
Old 04-02-2013, 09:29 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Haahh sureeeee. Congrads for you then as I could care less. If your 2008 needed that much work you bought a lemon.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:35 AM
omgitsweasel

Haahh sureeeee. Congrads for you then as I could care less. If your 2008 needed that much work you bought a lemon.
Or driver/owner error.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:56 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I would suggest everyone read this article from the LA Times, really exposes the scam

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar...zarus-20130312
Old 04-02-2013, 10:12 AM
andre12031948

Default I NEVER would or bought an extended warranty

Most cars come with 3 year bumper to bumper & a 5 yr. or 60k miles power train warranty. Some Kia/Hund. even come with a 100k power train warranty. Those are backed by the factory. There are the best warranties available & a need to get more than that with a NEW car, shows some lack of understanding/reasoning. There's also the reason what some other poster said, puzzyfication/cradle to grave/tit svcking culture that we created in this country.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 AM
ehaalandtluk

2005 @ 98,000 miles currently. If you could care less, thanks for giving me the care that you are currently giving me.

Originally Posted by omgitsweasel
Or driver/owner error.
Because power steering pump, AC compressor, driveshaft, axles, and wheel hubs are all driver error, right? These are just the major components

Oh and don't forget the rental car that I was able to use.

Bottom line:

If you know your contract, know your vehicle, you can come out ahead with a REPUTABLE warranty company.

If you're like one of these two dipshits you can just attempt to fix it yourself and have a junk yard z in about 2 years

5 years of ownership with the car - total cost of maintenance around 4000 (not including mods and consumable items)=800$ per year which is well below average for this car (source edmunds.com)

Please shove this fist of knowledge up your ***
Old 04-02-2013, 12:40 PM
omgitsweasel

No, stop getting offensive. I'm not antagonizing you, but mentioning that you've had to replace all those things with less than 100k miles means that someone wasn't treating the car right. Did you ever leave the car to be worked on? Did you go with the high school grad "technician" when the service manager sent him out to test drive your 300hp sports car? Ever valet the car? People are shitty. If they can get away with something, they will. That's what i meant by driver/owner. You may own it, but you've not been the only one to drive it if others do the repairs. That's a fact.

I'm at just under 70k, for the last 30k miles I've owned it (since last April. yes, in one year, 30k miles, this state is long) I've been tracking my car almost every weekend. The car came with all its tire, oil change and maintenance history and neither the previous owner or I haven't had to replace any of the parts you have aside from the hubs. There is no reason why any of those parts should have been replaced other than abuse. Wheelhop most likely killed those driveline parts, that's driver error. PS pumps dont just die, they either overheat and blow a seal, or they run low on fluid and blow a seal. Overheating usually happens when you over-drive the car (like drifting a stock 350z). And with AC compressors, they don't just die. I live in Florida, my AC is on more than the radio is. I still have the same AC compressor. Someone most likely spilled something on yours. Like I said, driver/owner meaning whoever it was that abused it, not you specifically.

What is that phrase?
"When you want something done right, you do it yourself"?

Last edited by omgitsweasel; 04-02-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:40 PM
ehaalandtluk

Driveshaft and axles didn't even need to be replaced, it was actually the axle clicking noise, which I fixed on my own with some axle grease (still made the noise with the new axles, I was pissed, but I only paid $100 for brand new parts and labor). Oh well.

AC compressor and PS pump went out around the same time nearing 78k miles. I didn't drive it hard, and I am willing to bet that many people would disagree with you on that only being caused by a negligent owner (never overheated, always filled). No questions asked, 100$ replaced out the door. Never said my car was perfect. Money well spent on the warranty? **** yeah.

Anyways as far as people driving my car, I controlled the mileage severely (photographic evidence) to the point where on all warranty claims they knew to only let one tech handle the car (I know him by name).

Congrats on 70k miles, my warranty lasted until 80k (warranty expired after 36 months). Again my bottom line came out in the green on the warranty contract.