Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

would you guys settle?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 02:02 AM
dessidee90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would you guys settle?

I'm just curious to how everyone else feel on this but, I've been patient for sooo long to own a a Z and I've narrowed my choices down to two major possibles.. if your top choice wasn't quite offical would you settle on another color? (Both are the same exact model). I guess I'm so ancy because of my current dd (98 chevy prizm)
Old 04-26-2013, 02:42 AM
taryon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dessidee90
I'm just curious to how everyone else feel on this but, I've been patient for sooo long to own a a Z and I've narrowed my choices down to two major possibles.. if your top choice wasn't quite offical would you settle on another color? (Both are the same exact model). I guess I'm so ancy because of my current dd (98 chevy prizm)
What are the two possibilities?
Old 04-26-2013, 02:54 AM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Wait. Especially if color is at ALL important to you. Unless you have cash to throw around the minor things will get to you. Don't compromise. If the Z is your replacing your daily, you could be potentially irritated daily.

Then again, if it's anything but Pikes Peak White, you're wasting your time anyway

Jp. Good luck!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:28 AM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ancy
Web definitions
Ancy is a commune in the Rhône department in eastern France..
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancy
Old 04-26-2013, 04:08 AM
JCITY
Banned

NEVER settle!
What prolly will happen,the week after you buy the Z just because
you were in a rush("ancy"?),you'll find the one your were looking
for on sale!For what its worth,when I bought my Z(original 03),shopping
around,there were none available in my color/model choice of Silverstone&
burnt orange seats.Had to order.Yes,a painful two and a half month
to have it built and shipped.But was worth it.In my mind,its a classic
color combo.
What color are you looking for?
Old 04-26-2013, 04:36 AM
dessidee90

Thanks guys they both are 6speeds track models 04.5 one is black the other is daytona blue. The db is the one I want. I don't really care for black cars but this one in particular is pretty decent. I guess my current bucket is making me feel even more impatient.. but imma try and hold out, since I feel I may not be competely happy with the black.. are black cars really a PITA to keep clean as people say?
Old 04-26-2013, 05:03 AM
DemitriHKS

Both pretty nice colors, I'd be happy with either.

BTW, My winter car is a 98 chevy prizm and I own a 03' Z. Mind = Blown haha
Old 04-26-2013, 05:05 AM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by dessidee90
Thanks guys they both are 6speeds track models 04.5 one is black the other is daytona blue. The db is the one I want. I don't really care for black cars but this one in particular is pretty decent. I guess my current bucket is making me feel even more impatient.. but imma try and hold out, since I feel I may not be competely happy with the black.. are black cars really a PITA to keep clean as people say?
Yes they are but none look sexier when clean.. I have a black Z and she is swirl/scratch free its kind if a hobby keeping her beautiful.

I too had to wait a long time to find the right one
I had to have a triple black roadster/touring/6spd 07 with low miles.. Took me about a year and when I found mine she was one of two in the country for sale with less than 20k miles and mine only had 5k miles back in 2010....Bought her sight unseen and had her shipped to my door and never sat in another Z until she was uoaded at my house! Worth he wait!

Bottom line don't settle, bro!

Last edited by 350zchad; 04-26-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:22 AM
K51

When I was looking for my used '08 (in '09), I'll confess I settled. First, 90%+ of the cars I found for sale here in FL were 5AT, and I wasn't going to have anything but a 6MT, so that narrowed my choices a lot. Second, I wanted Nogaro Red, San Marino Blue, or Pike's Peak White (no particular order). Couldn't find a single on with the 6MT, so I settled on Carbon Silver. The color's grown on me a bit, but it seems like every other HR I see is that same color, so I'm still bummed by that.

To make matters worse, ~6 months later a PPW 6MT showed up at the local dealer, with only 7K miles, and it had only been registered for 6 months. My car had almost 20K miles, and the dealer wanted $4K for the trade, but I just couldn't do it. Looking back wish I had.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:26 AM
dessidee90

Originally Posted by DemitriHKS
Both pretty nice colors, I'd be happy with either.

BTW, My winter car is a 98 chevy prizm and I own a 03' Z. Mind = Blown haha
Ah man I can only imagine pretty much a night and day difference lol
Old 04-26-2013, 05:28 AM
dessidee90

Originally Posted by K51
When I was looking for my used '08 (in '09), I'll confess I settled. First, 90%+ of the cars I found for sale here in FL were 5AT, and I wasn't going to have anything but a 6MT, so that narrowed my choices a lot. Second, I wanted Nogaro Red, San Marino Blue, or Pike's Peak White (no particular order). Couldn't find a single on with the 6MT, so I settled on Carbon Silver. The color's grown on me a bit, but it seems like every other HR I see is that same color, so I'm still bummed by that.

To make matters worse, ~6 months later a PPW 6MT showed up at the local dealer, with only 7K miles, and it had only been registered for 6 months. My car had almost 20K miles, and the dealer wanted $4K for the trade, but I just couldn't do it. Looking back wish I had.
Dang man that kinda sucks.. that nogaro red is so sexy.. a dealer had one for sale by me, but I refuse to go over my budget I have set. Have you seen one in person? Its mind blowing. However carbon silver is pretty nice tho
Old 04-26-2013, 05:30 AM
dessidee90

Originally Posted by 350zchad
Yes they are but none look sexier when clean.. I have a black Z and she is swirl/scratch free its kind if a hobby keeping her beautiful.

I too had to wait a long time to find the right one
I had to have a triple black roadster/touring/6spd 07 with low miles.. Took me about a year and when I found mine she was one of two in the country for sale with less than 20k miles and mine only had 5k miles back in 2010....Bought her sight unseen and had her shipped to my door and never sat in another Z until she was uoaded at my house! Worth he wait!

Bottom line don't settle, bro!
Ah sweet man.. yall are makin this wait a little easier for me
Old 04-26-2013, 05:37 AM
dessidee90

Yall responses really help keep me sane lol. I've been in love with Z's ever since I was 15 now 23. Y'all right if I've been patient this long holding out a little while longer won't kill me. Hopefully I'll have it soon..
Old 04-26-2013, 05:45 AM
YardieXplorer

Be patient young grasshopper.. Your time will come. When it does, you will be smiling from ear to ear even when you walk away from it after parking.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:54 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

I wanted either Black or Le Mans Sunset. But I found a car in great condition, really low mileage and a great price in Liquid Aluminum.

I have always said no to silver cars, but after owning it, I don't know how I was ever thinking of the other colours.

You are buying a used car, IMO you will never find one 100% what you are looking for. The Z is a great car, you will still get compliments, enjoy looking at it, and enjoy driving it regardless of colour.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:55 AM
zaimer

Originally Posted by NoQuestionZ
Wait. Especially if color is at ALL important to you. Unless you have cash to throw around the minor things will get to you. Don't compromise. If the Z is your replacing your daily, you could be potentially irritated daily.

Then again, if it's anything but Pikes Peak White, you're wasting your time anyway

Jp. Good luck!
Amen to that! I never thought I would love white as much as I do with my Z.

OP..as for settling..if you really want Daytona blue that bad I wouldn't settle on a color you dislike. You'll most likely be regretting it down the road. Do play the "I should've gotten this or I should've did that" game haha. Then again, I basically settled for the color of my last car. Saw the car on the lot..loved everything about it besides the color, red. I've never been a real fan of red (unless its like a Ferrari or Corvette) but I ended up buying the car and the color eventually kinda grew on me.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:01 AM
idriveslideways

I personally wouldn't settle. If you hold out you may get lucky. For me I wanted an 07 or 08 PPW 6MT Enthusiast or Touring. I started looking around and couldn't find one that I wanted. Then I found an 08 PPW 6MT Enthusiast for 11k with a salvage title. Since it fit most of what I wanted, I contacted the seller to arrange a meeting. I wasn't a fan of the fact that it had a salvage title. Who knows what could have been wrong with it, but I had an itchy trigger finger. Luckily my wife told me to keep looking just in case. About 20 minutes before I left my house, I was surfing the internet and came across an 07 PPW 6MT Enthusiast for 14K (I ended up getting it for 13,400) that didn't have a salvage title. Morale of the story: Be patient, the right one will come to you.

Last edited by idriveslideways; 04-26-2013 at 06:03 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:25 AM
dessidee90

Damn an 07 for 13, 400.. wow effin steal man
Old 04-26-2013, 06:35 AM
idriveslideways

I was pretty excited about it.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:54 AM
dessidee90

Lol I bet u were.. now you have me feeling 11 is too much haha