Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

squealing tires ticket

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Doggman9

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

At first, I laughed at the worthlessness of this thread but then... I found these. Thank you stuartc and Firebase for a nice laugh.

Originally Posted by stuartc323

^^^^ that was me when I read \/ \/ and his signature..

Originally Posted by winchman
Welcome, Katie.

I've only spun my tires one time, and that was on wet grass going up a hill. You'll get better with a little experience.
Originally Posted by Firebase99
What kind of experience does one require driving an automatic? Just curious.
This.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:10 AM
xXShadowGraveXx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome katie. I like the year. Base or touring? Vert or coupe? Sorry to hear about your ticket. Ive noticed if you get a z used and just got it the tires will chirp for about 2 weeks and you got to get it going a bit to get it to stop. Mine chirped on turns for 2 weeks and it stopped now. The best bet is wearing the tires.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by xXShadowGraveXx
Welcome katie. I like the year. Base or touring? Vert or coupe? Sorry to hear about your ticket. Ive noticed if you get a z used and just got it the tires will chirp for about 2 weeks and you got to get it going a bit to get it to stop. Mine chirped on turns for 2 weeks and it stopped now. The best bet is wearing the tires.

What are you talking about?
Old 09-16-2013, 11:24 AM
xXShadowGraveXx

I got mine from a used dealership and my tires chirped when i first got it. Usually its just the tire needing to wear a bit.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:25 AM
NismoK

Katie, If indeed the license plate was written down wrong, or if any information is wrong etc... the ticket should be thrown out in court.

I would hire an ex-traffic cop (pointts etc...) not sure what is over and available in Ont, I use Pointts in Alberta, they are relatively cheap ($200ish) and have come through everytime for me.

I know they are pretty rough on "Stunting" and the like in Ontario and Quebec which is why a cop gave you a ticket for squealing your tires , but I am sure if you hire a lawyer it'll go away.....fast.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:31 AM
Syner

Originally Posted by xXShadowGraveXx
I got mine from a used dealership and my tires chirped when i first got it. Usually its just the tire needing to wear a bit.
No. Just, no.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

Last edited by Syner; 09-16-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:53 AM
Junkster

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

lol in for pics of OP, this thread is cracking me up lol...

As for ANY information being wrong on the ticket, i dont believe that is 100% correct. It could vary from state to state but I know in cali you have to get something CLEARLY wrong on the citation. Something that clearly identifies the date or time of the violation, identification number of the vehicle, or incorrect vehicle violation code listed on the citation.

I have had plenty of tickets that misslabeled the brand of the car i was driving or something minor but as long as the plate number was correct i never was able to use that as a means to fight the ticket. I have beat 4 tickets fighting them through the mail (back to back might i add). All except ONE where legitimate in the argument of the basic speed law and how it was missinterpreted by the officer during the stop.

the one ticket i got was for removing my airbag for an aftermarket steering wheel and speeding. Unfortunately for the LEO he labeled the wrong subsection on the VC for tampering with vehicles safety equipment and therefore made it an INcorrectable violation. Just with that i won the ticket for BOTH violations, it was basically void after that.

IBWAITDONKEYPICS
Old 09-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Callmetony

Originally Posted by Junkster
lol in for pics of OP, this thread is cracking me up lol...

As for ANY information being wrong on the ticket, i dont believe that is 100% correct. It could vary from state to state but I know in cali you have to get something CLEARLY wrong on the citation. Something that clearly identifies the date or time of the violation, identification number of the vehicle, or incorrect vehicle violation code listed on the citation.
Yeah sounds right. OP said the license plate number was wrong. Seems like a pretty big screw up. I would expect to have the citation thrown out if they contest.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Syner

Junkster, why did you get rid of your dancing avatar?
Old 09-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Junkster

Originally Posted by Syner
Junkster, why did you get rid of your dancing avatar?

I didnt donate this year to get prem membership. They jacked me! lol
Old 09-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Syner

^LOL MuFks.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

lol. sorry, kinda funny, but we all have to learn some how : )

don't use tire shine products on anything other than the sidewall. nothing on the bits that make contact with the ground.

if you're burning out because you messed up and greased up your tire, try to protest the ticket and maybe the judge will feel sorry for you and let you off or reduce the penalty, if it's important enough to you. here in the states, we can just flip a lawyer a couple hundred to handle things like this for us. something to consider.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Callmetony

I heard that in Canada if you bring a handgun to court you immediately over-rule the judge.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Junkster

I am having a hard time believing the whole tire shine as a culprit for this issue...

Ive gotten shine on the tread of my tires on accident before and that ish comes off the minute i drive down my street...

I think OP just dropped the clutch or something on accident, or is trying to hid the fact she was at full lock bendin corners like mad drift king Yoshiharraaaaaa lmao
Old 09-16-2013, 03:51 PM
350ZZJoe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Katie,

I will tell you that if the licence plate is wrong on the ticket, that is considered a fatal error and the ticket is void. You don't need a lawyer, unless you want to pay one of the traffic ticket lawyers to talk with the crown prosecutor and literally say "the licence plate is wrong" and the prosecutor to say "okay I'll withdraw it"

But, what is the ticket for? If he/she gave you a ticket for "squealing the tires" it should be contrary to s.172(1) of the HTA. It's all part of the newer street racing laws, squealing the tires would be considered "stunt driving". And for you to actually get a ticket for squealing tires...you must have been driving like a tool for the cop to actually hit you with that. Having said that...read below...

If you received a Part 1 Provincial Offences Ticket it should be a green slip with a white payment slip. On the back of the green you will see an early resolution option to speak to a prosecutor. Do that. If they don't cancel it, schedule a trial date, it should get tossed. Or just flat out fight the ticket, say you put too much tire shine on the tires and that you are learning to drive a RWD sports car and thats why the tires squealed. If it becomes your word vs. the Officer, bring up the fact they messed up recording a 7 digit licence plate. I don't believe you are telling us the whole story here on the good ol internet so that may not work. But if you are telling the truth, good chance the ticket will be tossed, or they might find you guilty with a suspended sentence (no fine but it keeps the conviction rate up )

Also noteworthy, if you get convicted for stunt driving...prepare your angus around insurance renewal time...

Last edited by 350ZZJoe; 09-16-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:53 PM
l2iceman

Originally Posted by Firebase99
What kind of experience does one require driving an automatic? Just curious.
Good one lol
Old 09-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh wow!

I would consult a lawyer or just pay the ticket
Old 09-17-2013, 01:08 AM
alby13

i don't usually go out of my way to say this, but this thread had some good laughs
Old 09-18-2013, 09:31 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You're lucky that you're not over this end of the pond. You can be done for "sustained loss of traction", which can either be a hefty fine or more likely your car will be impounded, or potentially if a frequent offence, it can be crushed!

By the way you didn't really detail the tread did you?
Old 09-18-2013, 09:37 PM
inesshell

if your plate number is wrong on the ticket its dismissed. This is how oregon handles this.

Quick Reply: squealing tires ticket