Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

High Mileage 350z's Out There? Im A REAL One!

Old 01-26-2019, 06:32 PM
  #41  
Samurai
Registered User
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 100
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I have 278K miles on one of the first 2003 350Zs. The only thing I have replaced is the clutch at 183K. The car still runs great. Not sure if I want to try to keep the car until 300K.

Last edited by Samurai; 01-27-2019 at 06:44 AM.
Samurai is offline  
The following users liked this post: Samurai
NVhim (01-28-2019)
Old 01-27-2019, 10:51 AM
  #42  
RobPhoboS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 339
Liked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I have 278K miles on one of the first 2003 350Zs...The car still runs great. Not sure if I want to try to keep the car until 300K.
So for the sake of 22k miles you're going to ditch it ?


It IS an impressive number but I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy it unless they gut it and track it ?
I'd say keep it forever.
RobPhoboS is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 10:16 AM
  #43  
onecoolee
Registered User
 
onecoolee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 703
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Just passed 33k miles on my 03 (I am the original owner).... its only a fun and sun car, no long trips, and it never sees winter or bad roads. It gets stored for about 5-6 months every year since purchase. I hope it lasts me a long time, I enjoy driving it.
onecoolee is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 01:07 AM
  #44  
RobPhoboS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 339
Liked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by onecoolee View Post
Just passed 33k miles on my 03 (I am the original owner).... its only a fun and sun car, no long trips, and it never sees winter or bad roads. It gets stored for about 5-6 months every year since purchase. I hope it lasts me a long time, I enjoy driving it.
Wow !
Do you actually drive it hard when you do take it out though ? (molly coddling engines isn't a good thing)
It must be in absolute mint condition though
RobPhoboS is offline  
Old 01-30-2019, 04:07 AM
  #45  
onecoolee
Registered User
 
onecoolee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 703
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RobPhoboS View Post
Wow !
Do you actually drive it hard when you do take it out though ? (molly coddling engines isn't a good thing)
It must be in absolute mint condition though
I don't redline it, or beat on it but I drive it like a true sports car. I change the oil once per season (been running Mobil 1 synthetic since about 10k miles), and I just did the 2 belts, which were starting to crack, probably from age and cold/warm temps. I am planning to do the plugs before Spring while its sitting. Sadly, I took it in for inspection a couple weeks ago, and some jackass took a knife to the hood, and put about 18-20 slices in my 3M clear bra and scratched the paint pretty good...so thats the first real blemishes to it, but it will get fixed and I will put another clearbra on it after the paint degasses for a few weeks...should be ready for my grandpa-like driving again by April or May.

Last edited by onecoolee; 01-30-2019 at 04:09 AM.
onecoolee is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 07:33 AM
  #46  
CFAUVEL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 46
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default that was an Uber Douche thing to do

Originally Posted by onecoolee View Post
I don't redline it, or beat on it but I drive it like a true sports car. I change the oil once per season (been running Mobil 1 synthetic since about 10k miles), and I just did the 2 belts, which were starting to crack, probably from age and cold/warm temps. I am planning to do the plugs before Spring while its sitting. Sadly, I took it in for inspection a couple weeks ago, and some jackass took a knife to the hood, and put about 18-20 slices in my 3M clear bra and scratched the paint pretty good...so thats the first real blemishes to it, but it will get fixed and I will put another clearbra on it after the paint degasses for a few weeks...should be ready for my grandpa-like driving again by April or May.

jesus people suck
CFAUVEL is offline  
Old 02-03-2019, 03:15 PM
  #47  
RobPhoboS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 339
Liked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by onecoolee View Post
I don't redline it, or beat on it but I drive it like a true sports car. I change the oil once per season (been running Mobil 1 synthetic since about 10k miles), and I just did the 2 belts, which were starting to crack, probably from age and cold/warm temps. I am planning to do the plugs before Spring while its sitting. Sadly, I took it in for inspection a couple weeks ago, and some jackass took a knife to the hood, and put about 18-20 slices in my 3M clear bra and scratched the paint pretty good...so thats the first real blemishes to it, but it will get fixed and I will put another clearbra on it after the paint degasses for a few weeks...should be ready for my grandpa-like driving again by April or May.
Man, that really sucks why someone would do that but glad to see you're just dealing with it !
I do recommend you actually take it near to the redline, you're not helping it by nannying the engine like that unfortunately (of course search about modern engines and what happens by doing that). Well, it only sounds like you aren't using it.
Anyway, enjoy !
RobPhoboS is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
seagrasser
Zs & Gs For Sale
6
10-11-2015 03:27 PM
RyansZ33
Maintenance & Repair
8
09-15-2015 05:54 AM
torchkc
Engine & Drivetrain
11
09-11-2015 08:26 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: High Mileage 350z's Out There? Im A REAL One!


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: