Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

High Mileage 350z's Out There? Im A REAL One!

Old 01-26-2019, 06:32 PM
Samurai

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have 278K miles on one of the first 2003 350Zs. The only thing I have replaced is the clutch at 183K. The car still runs great. Not sure if I want to try to keep the car until 300K.

Last edited by Samurai; 01-27-2019 at 06:44 AM.
The following users liked this post: Samurai
NVhim (01-28-2019)
Old 01-27-2019, 10:51 AM
RobPhoboS

Liked 27 Times in 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I have 278K miles on one of the first 2003 350Zs...The car still runs great. Not sure if I want to try to keep the car until 300K.
So for the sake of 22k miles you're going to ditch it ?

It IS an impressive number but I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy it unless they gut it and track it ?
I'd say keep it forever.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:16 AM
onecoolee

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Just passed 33k miles on my 03 (I am the original owner).... its only a fun and sun car, no long trips, and it never sees winter or bad roads. It gets stored for about 5-6 months every year since purchase. I hope it lasts me a long time, I enjoy driving it.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:07 AM
RobPhoboS

Originally Posted by onecoolee View Post
Just passed 33k miles on my 03 (I am the original owner).... its only a fun and sun car, no long trips, and it never sees winter or bad roads. It gets stored for about 5-6 months every year since purchase. I hope it lasts me a long time, I enjoy driving it.
Wow !
Do you actually drive it hard when you do take it out though ? (molly coddling engines isn't a good thing)
It must be in absolute mint condition though
Old 01-30-2019, 04:07 AM
onecoolee

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RobPhoboS View Post
Wow !
Do you actually drive it hard when you do take it out though ? (molly coddling engines isn't a good thing)
It must be in absolute mint condition though
I don't redline it, or beat on it but I drive it like a true sports car. I change the oil once per season (been running Mobil 1 synthetic since about 10k miles), and I just did the 2 belts, which were starting to crack, probably from age and cold/warm temps. I am planning to do the plugs before Spring while its sitting. Sadly, I took it in for inspection a couple weeks ago, and some jackass took a knife to the hood, and put about 18-20 slices in my 3M clear bra and scratched the paint pretty good...so thats the first real blemishes to it, but it will get fixed and I will put another clearbra on it after the paint degasses for a few weeks...should be ready for my grandpa-like driving again by April or May.

Last edited by onecoolee; 01-30-2019 at 04:09 AM.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:33 AM
CFAUVEL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default that was an Uber Douche thing to do

I don't redline it, or beat on it but I drive it like a true sports car. I change the oil once per season (been running Mobil 1 synthetic since about 10k miles), and I just did the 2 belts, which were starting to crack, probably from age and cold/warm temps. I am planning to do the plugs before Spring while its sitting. Sadly, I took it in for inspection a couple weeks ago, and some jackass took a knife to the hood, and put about 18-20 slices in my 3M clear bra and scratched the paint pretty good...so thats the first real blemishes to it, but it will get fixed and I will put another clearbra on it after the paint degasses for a few weeks...should be ready for my grandpa-like driving again by April or May.

jesus people suck
Old 02-03-2019, 03:15 PM
RobPhoboS

Man, that really sucks why someone would do that but glad to see you're just dealing with it !
I do recommend you actually take it near to the redline, you're not helping it by nannying the engine like that unfortunately (of course search about modern engines and what happens by doing that). Well, it only sounds like you aren't using it.
Anyway, enjoy !