Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Build Thread: @Baggedzeta

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 12:12 PM
iPwN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Build Thread: @Baggedzeta

I decided to do a write up on my car since I get a ton of questions regarding everything done to my car. I purchased the car for my 20th birthday in 2014, it was kind of a rush buy since I had sold my 2000 Honda Civic hatchback the week before I purchased my 2004 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast. At the time I wish I knew the difference between DE and HR, I would have purchased an HR but I am more than happy with my DE. The only modifications the car came with were Eibach springs and Hotchkis sway bars. Shortly after in December I purchased Stance Gr+ Coilovers, Megan Racing front UCA, and OEM BMW Style 95s. After a few of my friends helped me put the coilovers on, we had to keep taking them off and on to adjust the height. It took us a whole weekend to get everything on and dialed in. Then just a few months later, I got the car impounded for 30 days for reckless driving. When I got the car back, I sold the wheels to pay off the ticket. From getting the car back to around March 2016, I did nothing to the car besides a new Grip Royal steering wheel and a subwoofer box, I had lost motivation in the car. I really wanted to just trade the car in for something different. Then in March of 2016 I saw a beautiful picture of a 350Z with Wed Kranze LXZ's (can't remember which Z) and so then I purchased a set of LXZ's from threepiece.us. After that I went crazy and wanted to improve everything! In the meantime while waiting for the wheels and rocket bunny kit, I purchased OEM Brembos and got them powder coated Candy Red, this was the most stressful part of my build. I had ordered the rebuild kit from a reputable Z parts distributor (not saying names), anyways I did not open the rebuild kit, I just gave it to the powder coater which then he turned to tell me the kit only had half the seals. So I had thought I misread the description so I ordered another set and this set came with all the seals for all four calipers. I contacted the company to try to get my money back for the first set but they basically told me I was lying about contents of the first set of boxes. So I just stopped emailing them because it was not worth my time to sit and argue. Then my powder coated kept flaking on me with an estimated time of completion to finish powder coating and rebuilding the calipers, after 2 months I had received the calipers. So I took them to S & N Motorsport to get installed and I get a call regarding the seals blowing while install. This time around I ordered the rebuild kits from CZP, the seals arrived quickly and all of them were there. The guys over at S & N Motorsport did an absolutely wonderful job rebuilding and installing the brembos and they even installed my +10mm extended studs.

I purchased 5 inch lips for the front, 8 inch lips for the rear, gold hardware and got the faces powder coated in arctic white. The wheels took about 4 months to arrive at my door step. Shout out to Desi M. for always answering my questions regarding specs and etc.

To accommodate the big lips I had purchased a full Rocket Bunny kit which took a little over 2 months to arrive.

Then it was time to test fit everything and... Wheels did not clear brembos... so I ordered a 15mm spacers, they weren't big enough, I ordered 20mm spacers but the studs were not long enough for 20mm spacer... which left me with my only option of ordering ARP extended studs. Got the studs installed at S & N Motorsport and I was almost ready to put my wheels on.

We installed everything at my friend’s house. The kit took me and a few friends about a month (on weekends) to install, I still do not have everything installed, I even messed up because I did not listen to my friend when he told me to take the bumper with me so now one of the flares does not line up with the bumper. We first did the front flares so I put the my front wheels on, then 2 weeks later we put one rear flare on and the other rear flare on the following week.

I had already ordered bags at this point and got them installed over at S & N Motorsport, I was ecstatic because California roads absolutely suck.

Big shout out to following people for helping me along the way:
Nick O. - S & N Motorsport
Steve H. - S & N Motorsport
Brandon the safest salesman - Streetstandard
Karina E. - Greatest Girlfriend
Anthony S.
Gio M.
Oscar O.
Bong
Sabas M.
Denis K.
Javi H.
Yuri F.
Desi M.

UPDATED WITH PICTURES

Build List Below

Audio:

Pioneer AVH-X2600BT Double Din
2) Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-10
Kenwood KAC-5206 400W AMP
Custom Trunk Sub Setup

Interior:

NRG Hub
NRG 3.0 Quick Release
Grip Royal Steering Wheel – Woodgrain
9K Racing High Roller Shift ****
Team Tarmac Bride Shift Boot

Exterior:

Rocket Bunny Full Widebody Kit
Zworklights Custom +06 Headlights
(RGB Iron Man Mod, RGB Demon Eyes)
Muteki Lug Nuts
Front Bash Bar
Honda S2000 Antenna

Engine/Drivetrain:

Stillen Y Pipe
Custom Single Exit Blast Pipe
Rare JDM Harness Cover
NRG Carbon Fiber Hood Struts
NRG Flat Strut Bar Front
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
Weapon R Power Steering Tank (still need to be installed)
Weapon R Coolant Overflow tank
5/16 Motordyne Plenum Spacer
Polished Plenum
Polished Throttle Body
Polished VTC Soliends
Polished Nismo Oil Cap
Baid Polish Coil Pack Covers
AEM Short Ram Intake
ZSpec Plenum Fastener Kit Polished
Mishimoto Oil Cooler
1320 Radiator Cap

Suspension:

D2 shocks and bags
Airlift 3P management
SPL Rear Camber Kit
Megan Racing Front Camber Kit
SPC Toe Bolts
Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars
Whiteline Front Endlinks

Wheels, Tires, Braking:

Wed Kranze LXZ
F: 19x12
R: 19x15
Tires
F: 265/30/19
R: 345/30/19
OEM Brembos powder coated Candy Red
Z1 Motorsports Slotted and Drilled Rotors
Z1 Motorsports Braided Stainless Brakes Lines
ARP Extended Studs

Last edited by iPwN; 04-27-2017 at 07:29 AM.