Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Pics of stereo install (Final w/ car together)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 07:09 PM
z461

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of stereo install (Final w/ car together)

By request, finished photos of my stereo system.

This is a pic of the amp hidden under the glovebox. The cover i'm holding is custom fabricated, but the hole was already there (perfect for tuning the amp)

This is a pic of the glovebox with the stock cover over the false bottom (also stock).

These are the custom rear tweeters, they bounce off the back hatchback window and bring the soundstage more into the car, making it seem like you are enveloped with sound.

These are the front tweeters, custom fit into the stock front tweeter location

I have listed it before in the other thread, but that one was changed or moved...
-XTANT 4 channel amp
-Diamond Audio M6 6.5 inch components front and rear
-Diamond Audio M6 10" subwoofer with a custom enclosure using dynomat and fiberglass
-Stock head unit

I went to the place I got it installed and dropped off the stock amps for them to analyze, Hopefully i'll get word back on how you might be able to defeat the auto-eq and auto-volume features as the shop believes they are both in the amps...
Old 09-20-2002, 03:06 AM
ATL350Z

Thanks z461. That setup really looks nice in there. Does the sub show or did it fit under the original cover.

Let me know if you find out anything on the amps. I've been working late and will be gone all weekend so it will be a little while before I can remove mine and analyze them.
Old 09-25-2002, 04:11 PM
Grey Matter

So how is the stereo doing? Are you happy with it? Would you recommend the shop that did your install?

Also I live a hour or so from you. Is there any way I could meet you somewhere convenient to you and listen to it?

Thanks
Old 09-25-2002, 04:20 PM
jhchan

Question

Z461,

Nice looking system!

Did you have it all installed by a shop? What did it run you if you don't mind me asking? Looks like you had 4x 6.4", 4x tweeters, sub, and amp.
Old 09-25-2002, 04:26 PM
Zmeflyby

damn...datz nice
Old 10-01-2002, 06:49 AM
silverz

Default Z461

I am getting ready to purchase a stereo set up. I am going with high end JL Audio. I posted the equipment in the modifications forum to get some input. One of the replies was that if I keep my Bose head unit I will get a diminished sound quality. Is that true, have you noticed a difference with yours. What kind/type of converter did you use? Thanks for any input.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:52 PM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Pics of stereo install (Final w/ car together)

bump

Any chance you could re-post these pics (they aren't working) or send them to me.

I am interested in installing an amp under the glove box.

Originally posted by z461
By request, finished photos of my stereo system.

This is a pic of the amp hidden under the glovebox. The cover i'm holding is custom fabricated, but the hole was already there (perfect for tuning the amp)

This is a pic of the glovebox with the stock cover over the false bottom (also stock).

These are the custom rear tweeters, they bounce off the back hatchback window and bring the soundstage more into the car, making it seem like you are enveloped with sound.

These are the front tweeters, custom fit into the stock front tweeter location

I have listed it before in the other thread, but that one was changed or moved...
-XTANT 4 channel amp
-Diamond Audio M6 6.5 inch components front and rear
-Diamond Audio M6 10" subwoofer with a custom enclosure using dynomat and fiberglass
-Stock head unit

I went to the place I got it installed and dropped off the stock amps for them to analyze, Hopefully i'll get word back on how you might be able to defeat the auto-eq and auto-volume features as the shop believes they are both in the amps...