2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

review on energy suspension front bush and mevotech balljoints

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Daser Croops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default review on energy suspension front bush and mevotech balljoints

hello people as i have attached images above ,
need advices as am looking to purchase enrgy front suspension bushings and steering rack bushings as well with mevotech ball joints for my nissan 350z 2004
Old 11-09-2017, 03:24 AM
omega007

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i haven't tried those but:

I recommend these ball joints:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/J2800-2-Pre...72.m2749.l2649

And this boot:

Amazon Amazon

I had those ball joints for almost 3 years and i replaced them 2 weeks ago because i changed all the front arms and wanted all new, but the used ball joints where still very stiff and in good condition. these are very good and cheap.

what sucks on them is the boot cover, they are too thin and crack in 2 weeks, so i bought that energy suspensión boot and problem solved, the new ball joints i put in, i put them in with those boots from the first time.

i would use those bushings if i was changing the bushing only, i like energy suspensión, but i changed all my complete arms.

Last edited by omega007; 11-09-2017 at 03:30 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:31 PM
BradMD_96

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard a lot about the Mevotechs and the way the boot slipped off. But I can see they've updated it with the clip to hold the bottom of the boot on.
Anyway, I went with MAS XL ball joints. They seem very good and solid with a nice boot and clip to hold it. They're also about $25 each shipped. But I had a problem with the cone - as you can see in the last picture. It's too small in diameter or too tall, whichever way you want to look at it. I made it work by adding a washer that was larger in diameter than the top of the cone and thicker than the protruding length of the cone. I've been back and forth with MAS about it and it's definitely the "right one" according to the listing for my 03-04. So not entirely sure what's up. Aside from that, I like them a lot.
The following users liked this post:
zakmartin (11-13-2017)