2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would YOU buy this 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 11:00 AM
eZg

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

Both wrists fractured?? I hate it when that happens...
Old 02-01-2018, 11:13 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

I'd pass simply bc the rear bumper has been re sprayed. Look below the left tail light, 2 diff colors of silver. But then I'm super picky about my paint.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:23 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

No, because I already own a 350z
Old 02-01-2018, 03:34 PM
HOMiEZ

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

My 03 has 120k miles on it and doesn't need a new clutch. why is this person willing to replace. also if it needs to be replaced why hasn't it already been done. sounds fishy to me. In most cases, I would avoid the original owner from having to do any additional repairs on the car once it has been listed for sale.

Last edited by HOMiEZ; 02-01-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:57 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by jhc
I'd pass simply bc the rear bumper has been re sprayed. Look below the left tail light, 2 diff colors of silver. But then I'm super picky about my paint.
Not necessarily true, John. Silver paint - particularly Chrome Silver - does fade/discolor fairly easily due to shifts in the silver pigmentation (from exposure and such). But it happens most notably on the plastic parts like bumper covers, door frames, rocker panels.

Ask me how I know...

My Chrome Silver car's in body right now (to repair the door that somebody dented, grrrr) and was going to have the bumpers re-sprayed at the same time because they're very not-the-same as rest of car; but my guy looked over the whole car and suggested a full re-spray because there's fading all over. All the plastic parts are the one shade, all the metal parts are a different shade, at least uniformly.

I declined having it all re-sprayed. Uhhhh, not at what he wanted to charge me, even though I'm a "regular" customer, thanks.

Mind you, they're not Maaco and actually do a full disassembly - door, hood, fenders, etc - and spray off car like the customizers do. But nahhhh, love my car but not to pay more than half what it's worth. Sooooo..... my car gets to retain its unique, uh, character. I'll just polish it up come good weather and go about my way. Hahahahaha.
The following users liked this post:
HOMiEZ (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 04:00 PM
HOMiEZ

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Not necessarily true, John. Silver paint - particularly Chrome Silver - does fade/discolor fairly easily due to shifts in the silver pigmentation (from exposure and such). But it happens most notably on the plastic parts like bumper covers, door frames, rocker panels.

Ask me how I know...

My Chrome Silver car's in body right now (to repair the door that somebody dented, grrrr) and was going to have the bumpers re-sprayed at the same time because they're very not-the-same as rest of car; but my guy looked over the whole car and suggested a full re-spray because there's fading all over. All the plastic parts are the one shade, all the metal parts are a different shade, at least uniformly.

I declined having it all re-sprayed. Uhhhh, not at what he wanted to charge me, even though I'm a "regular" customer, thanks.

Mind you, they're not Maaco and actually do a full disassembly - door, hood, fenders, etc - and spray off car like the customizers do. But nahhhh, love my car but not to pay more than half what it's worth. Sooooo..... my car gets to retain its unique, uh, character. I'll just polish it up come good weather and go about my way. Hahahahaha.
Chrome Silver here as well and I'm in the exact same boat. Maybe if I keep the car for 20 years I'll have it painted. But as of now I cannot justify a respray now that I'm married and planning to have a baby.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:50 AM
eZg

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

isn't there a "Flex additive" to the paint that will be applied to plastic parts which is partially to blame for the diff between metal and other body panels?
Old 02-02-2018, 08:28 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by eZg
isn't there a "Flex additive" to the paint that will be applied to plastic parts which is partially to blame for the diff between metal and other body panels?
Dunno, makes sense though.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:28 PM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by zakmartin
Not worth killing someone to take a photo of the instrument cluster while you're driving 45 miles an hour through a residential area.
Hahaha.. I was waiting for this.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:49 PM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by CesarDH
So

here are the specs of this Z Im looking at, I am wondering if any of you would take a risk of getting this car for the deal since its an 2006 and Rev-Up V-2. Exterior is 8/10 Interior is 8/10
-All fluids has been refilled
-New driver side headlight bulb
-Nismo S-tuned Exhaust ($800 value)
-Will throw in a brand new in box OEM quality clutch kit replacement for free

Has 78k miles and selling for $7,000.

The mileage is very low and good for the price. For the "Oil Consumption" problems they have with the 05 rev up v-1. What do you guys think? Worth or not worth?
It looks pretty good so far. The next thing I would do is get a flashlight and start looking around at the undercarriage for leakage/rust/corrosion/damage. Rust isn't necessarily a deal breaker. It depends where it is, how much, and if it can be remedied.. Not feelin' the wheels either but they can be easily changed.. There's also a little box on your air box. What is it?.. And the dude's selling the car because he broke his wrists. I don't know about that logic. just seems weird to me, but whatever.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:53 PM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Eh could be worse. If it runs strong and is legit I'd buy it. Probably try to come closer to $7,200 but can't win them all.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:58 AM
Sean Wilson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I bought it. >.>
It was backed into, that's why the light was changed. The wheels are old as hell (2011).
Took a risk and didn't bother with a compression test. It gained 30k miles last year so hopefully the engine is alright. will be doing compression test and changing the fluids
is very stock besides the exhaust.

All the rev-ups here are being sold or high mileage. There is a dude trying to sell a driving HR with like 140k miles for only 6k, but it'll need everything done to it... Was the best deal for 200+miles. If i were you, i'd go for this 05 rev-up in LA for 5k. Seems like a deal
Sooner the better, all the youtubers seem to buying 350z, lol

Last edited by Sean Wilson; 02-04-2018 at 04:03 AM.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:31 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by Sean Wilson
Sorry, I bought it. >.>
Oh great..... ANOTHER SILVER Z in San Jose for me to compete with....

I'm kidding, nice buy and welcome to my350Z.
Sean Wilson (02-04-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 10:57 PM
Cptjax12

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Patience is a virtue my friend! Was looking for one nonstop for about a month and a half, finally found a clean title 2008 HR with 76K miles on it 6 speed and all for $7k. This was just this past christmas i found it, im sure if you look consistently you'll run into something similar. Goodluck!

Here's a pic of it
Atreyu'z 350 (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 07:10 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Cptjax12
Patience is a virtue my friend! Was looking for one nonstop for about a month and a half, finally found a clean title 2008 HR with 76K miles on it 6 speed and all for $7k. This was just this past christmas i found it, im sure if you look consistently you'll run into something similar. Goodluck!
Wow, you either got the steal of the century or something is up with that car.

That is same year and similar miles to my car and maybe I am crazy but if I sell my car I want double what you paid.

Is it a clean title?
Old 02-13-2018, 01:57 PM
Cptjax12

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
Wow, you either got the steal of the century or something is up with that car.

That is same year and similar miles to my car and maybe I am crazy but if I sell my car I want double what you paid.

Is it a clean title?
So far it’s been the steal of the century, but only time will tell. I’ve been under the car and everything is straight, it does have a valve gasket cover leak on one side. I also found one bad O-ring when I did the spark plugs but besides that the car has been awesome.

Clean title as well

The guy I bought it from had posted it, and within the hour I was there and he took down the post. I don’t know how I got so lucky given the car was only a 15 minute drive from me. The car isn’t perfect, there’s little cosmetic things, and I saw before I bought it a small leak coming from the valve cover gasket, and also found a bad O-ring when doing the plugs the other day. Other than that I haven’t found anything major, and hopefully it stays that way. I’ve been under the car 3 times now too and everything looks as it should on a car with this low of miles.

As as for the previous owner, he was fixated on buying an older corvette (never liked them, sorry Vette owners) Anyways, I feel he was more excited to get some cash in hand, without doing research as to what the car was worth.

He he also posted the car for sale on eBay
Old 02-13-2018, 01:59 PM
Cptjax12

So far it’s been the steal of the century, but only time will tell. I’ve been under the car and everything is straight, it does have a valve gasket cover leak on one side. I also found one bad O-ring when I did the spark plugs but besides that the car has been awesome.

Clean title as well

The guy I bought it from had posted it, and within the hour I was there and he took down the post. I don’t know how I got so lucky given the car was only a 15 minute drive from me. The car isn’t perfect, there’s little cosmetic things, and I saw before I bought it a small leak coming from the valve cover gasket, and also found a bad O-ring when doing the plugs the other day. Other than that I haven’t found anything major, and hopefully it stays that way. I’ve been under the car 3 times now too and everything looks as it should on a car with this low of miles.

As as for the previous owner, he was fixated on buying an older corvette (never liked them, sorry Vette owners) Anyways, I feel he was more excited to get some cash in hand, without doing research as to what the car was worth.

He he also posted the car for sale on eBay
wow my bad I’m really tired, posted the same thing twice
Old 02-13-2018, 02:09 PM
HOMiEZ

Here's a pic of it

is it a manual? i agree you got a steal of the century
Cptjax12 (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 02:22 PM
Cptjax12

Originally Posted by HOMiEZ
is it a manual? i agree you got a steal of the century
yes sir! Would not have bought it otherwise lol. I will post more pics of the car later today, interior wasn’t in the best shape but I found a thread on here showing how to fix all the scratches etc. looks good as new.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:33 PM
brad6080

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just keep ur eyes open. I stumbled onto a 07 enthusiast with 140,000 miles for $2500. Replaced the control arm bushings and rear wheel bearings. No other problems for the past 4 months other than a sel for after market high flow cats

Quick Reply: Would YOU buy this 350z?