Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver side headlight issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 07:10 PM
MBouzari909

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side headlight issue

Hello everyone. I recently bought a 350z that had a custom front bumper and the fender liner and undertray were taken off. The guy said that the light just needed to be replaced. I bought a new light any it still doesnt work. I dont know if it is the ballaster or not but i checked the fuse box and all of them were good. When i came to check if the power was reaching the silver harness for the bulb, i found out that there was no power reaching it. I dont want to buy a new ballaster if it isnt the issue bc theyre expensive. If anyones having the same issue, lets hope we can find a way to fix it
Old 01-24-2019, 05:49 AM
Chihuahuamaster

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Without seeing the wiring It will be hard to pinpoint the issue. I'm assuming you're talking about the 06+ HID headlights.

Check to make sure you have the correct bulbs, and that the wiring wasn't converted to LED bulbs.

If the other side is working, compare the wiring, and start switching components to see if something is not working (bulb, ballast, ignitor).
The following users liked this post:
MicVelo (01-24-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 08:59 AM
Freise

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

The stock HID ballast is the same in like every mid 2000's nissan. double check the part numbers but a used one out of a maxima should work just fine and cost no more than ~$20. Try switching the ballasts in your headlights (assuming the other works) and see if that's even the issue.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:48 AM
MBouzari909

Originally Posted by Chihuahuamaster
Without seeing the wiring It will be hard to pinpoint the issue. I'm assuming you're talking about the 06+ HID headlights.

Check to make sure you have the correct bulbs, and that the wiring wasn't converted to LED bulbs.

If the other side is working, compare the wiring, and start switching components to see if something is not working (bulb, ballast, ignitor).

i just got done taking off the bumper and i took off the headlight that wasnt working which is the driver side. There was a bit of moisture on the ballast. Then when i had to disconnect the connecter, i found that a blue and tan colored wire had been cut going into the male side. Im not sure what those are for.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:31 PM
karlt

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

The best way to troubleshoot wiring issues is with the Service Manual. You can download the proper manual for your model year at https://nicoclub.com/archives/nissan...e-manuals.html.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:05 PM
MBouzari909

Originally Posted by karlt
The best way to troubleshoot wiring issues is with the Service Manual. You can download the proper manual for your model year at https://nicoclub.com/archives/nissan...e-manuals.html.
Thank you for the link. I was able to find the headlight wiring map but I cannot locate any wire that is colored blue. If possible, please help me find out where they are from. The car is an 06 coupe and the map is located on the 12th page of the file LT.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:51 PM
karlt

You're right. The picture you posted doesn't match the Service Manual. Just to clarify, how many wires are coming out of the connector in your photo?
Old 01-24-2019, 04:14 PM
MBouzari909

Originally Posted by karlt
You're right. The picture you posted doesn't match the Service Manual. Just to clarify, how many wires are coming out of the connector in your photo?

Sorry i didnt respond earlier. I texted the previous owner to see if he messed with it and i found out that the wires were disconnected on both sides but the other side still worked. I ended up opening the ballast and i found that the side that wasnt working was filled with wet sand and other debris. I switched the ballasts and it started working. The ballast was the issue. Now im trying to find one but they dont seem to go under $40
Old 01-25-2019, 02:03 AM
karlt

Glad the problem is sorted.