Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Firestone curbed my rims!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 10:17 PM
nwdriftking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firestone curbed my rims!

So I sitting there minding my own business in the Firestone lobby, waiting for them to finish putting on my tires. I got up to check on my car and to my suprise, it wasn't there! I asked them where my car was and they said that they didn't have the equipment to mount my tires there so they took it somewhere else. I was like "Well if you would have told me that in the first place I would have gone there myself." So finally the Z got back and just before I opened up the driver door I noticed a 2" curb mark on my front driver side rim. I know I didn't do it because I just washed the car the day before and I'm pretty sure I would have noticed something like that. I asked them about it and they said they didn't do it. I was pretty mad at that point so I went over to the other place where they mounted the tires and they said the mark was on there when they got it. The guy that put on the tires even said the curb mark "looked pretty fresh," because there were still some metal shavings. I was furious at that point. Firestone didn't even tell me they were taking the car out. I think they just wanted to drive my TT 350Z. The guy that drove the Z even said he had problems driving it and stalled it a couple times. He also said "I didn't want to get on it because I didn't want to spin it around." So now I have to deal with all this bullsh*t. Worse of all the rims were 19" bronze Volk TE-37s. I called up Firestone and I started a claim so hopefully something gets done.
So if anyone is considering going to the Firestone in Corvallis Oregon, DON'T! They are a bunch of a-holes!
Old 02-25-2004, 11:09 PM
wren57
Banned

WOW! On my old car, they scratched up all 4 rims in the process of mounting new tires. I stayed at the firestone dealer until the manager agreed to replace all 4 at his cost. I would seriously have MAJOR problems if someone took my car. First of all, they didn't ask permission, nor did you sign anything allowing them to. That would then classify as auto theft. I wouldn't back down one millimeter from them; the ball is in your court, deal with them; let them know that if they aren't willing to replace your rim(s), you WILL take this to the next level and they WILL pay for even more than the cost of just one rim...
Old 02-26-2004, 04:42 AM
350black

I would be mader than if someone had slept with my girlfriend. That is your car and I would seriously kicked the guys a$$ when he told me that he had stalled it a few times. Dont back down at all, they better replace the rim, if not I would say that it is time to get a lawyer involved.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:04 AM
justinv

i cant believe the ***** on these peolpe. First I imagine they tell you that they can perform the job that brought you there, then they claim they dont have the pieces to do it and without getting your permission take your car and damage it. I'd be f'in furious and I most likely would have left there in handcuffs if that were my vehicle. The other dude's absolutely right that should classify as auto theft. somehow I can't help seeing ferris bueller's day off run through my head. good luck!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 09:16 AM
328skidpad

Default service-people you get what you pay for

Firestone personnell are one of the lowest paid auto workers and thus you get what you pay for. Remember these are the type of workers that will make mistakes and blame it on their own company knowing that they can easily get a job at the gas station next door. Whats the point, go to National Tire and Battery and pay the extra buck....
Old 02-26-2004, 09:37 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they should have made note of the condition of all 4 rims before doing the work, therefore you couldnt blame a previous scratch on them.

but it goes both ways, see if they did a check. ussually they ask you to sign off on all the imperfections they see so they cant be accountable for them.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:35 PM
2003z

similar happened to me, but it was a nissan dealer that sent my car out for seat work and they guy backed into a truck. Nissan dealership took no responsibility at all. Fortunately the seat guy took care of everything and gave me leather on top of it all. When I take my wheels into a shop for service, I bring them in the bed of my truck so they dont mess them up, and when my car goes in for service, I swap out to the race wheels or stock.

good luck, I know exactly how you feel.