Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Brickyard Damaged in Transit

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 09:06 AM
C Ray Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Brickyard Damaged in Transit

I am finally comming to the end of a long final delivery. The car that will be delivered will be a different Vin from my original number. I was originally scheduled for delivery August 24 but nothing happened. It took another two weeks for my dealer to find the car was set asside by DAS in Long Beach, because it was damaged in transit. That was the real bad news. It got slightly better when they just had a spare build of the same Brickjard Touring 6MT. Unfortunately that was three weeks ago. It turns out after they missed the last promissed date that there was a shortage of rear spoilers (that has been mentioned numerous times on both coasts). Well I am now dealing with the Western Regional Rep and getting some progress. The part finally arrived Friday and the car should be finally comming Monday or Tuesday. He has commited to a daily update. Man, what a long drawn out delivery. My wife is tired of taking my sorry *** to work and back each day these last two weeks. I have run the full range of emotion over this car. I am sure it will be worth the wait.

:confused: :mad: :icon04: :icon6: :icon8: :icon4:
Old 09-21-2002, 09:13 AM
DrDrilZ

sorry for all the mishaps. i would double check the vin when it comes in and make sure that they are not giving you a damaged and repaired car. surely they wouldnt lie to you about it, but you never know. they could have spent the last couple weeks repairing the car and used the spoiler issue as an excuse. hope all ends well.
Old 09-21-2002, 09:55 AM
C Ray Z

NNA assured me the replacement car is undamaged.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:04 AM
DrDrilZ

thats good to hear. the reason why i brought his up was because a few months ago i had a dent removed in my car at a local body shop. as i watched them do the work, i noticed a brand new car across the garage that was having the entire hood sanded and painted. it still had the maufacturers window sticker. anyway, i asked them why it was being repaired and the said that it was damaged in transit. i asked them if it would be sold as brand new and they looked at me and nodded with a grin "yes". they claim that it happens all the time and that the new owner will never know. i still think its cheating the customer!!!