Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
View Poll Results: What factors do you consider when selecting turn signals?
Should be much brighter than OEM halogen bulbs.
0%
Longer lifespan.
0%
No hyper flash, and no error codes.
100.00%
Reviews from other users who have used this bulb.
0%
Recommendation from family or friends.
0%
Product reviews from influencers.
0%
More attractive price or discounts.
0%
Other, I have something to say...
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

🧐What Factors Do You Consider When Selecting The Turn Signals | Lasfit Small Ta

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2024, 05:41 PM
LASFIT
MY350Z.COM Platinum Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 🧐What Factors Do You Consider When Selecting The Turn Signals | Lasfit Small Ta

Recently, we received an email from a customer who's preparing to replace his turn signal lights. In the email, he express confusion because Lasfit offers three different product series for turn signal lights, and he is not sure which one is most suitable for his needs. 🧐
✨Faced with this array of options, Lasfit has something to say:

Lasfit L Series: Offers excellent brightness, but lower power, making it more suitable for sidemarker lights.
Lasfit T Series: Classic and has been selling for years, with ultra-high brightness that provides users with a different lighting experience compared to halogen bulbs.
Lasfit's brand-new upgraded T3 Series: Features a softer light output and a more powerful in decoding system.

🤔Have you ever found yourself lost in the swamp of choosing turn signals when confronted with numerous aftermarket brands? Or perhaps, when selecting aftermarket turn signal lights, what factors do you prioritize?

🤗We welcome forum users to choose the factors they consider when selecting turn signal lights in this post and share their ideas and opinions on aftermarket turn signal light selection in the comments below.
Old 05-28-2024, 07:17 PM
icer5160

Received 440 Likes on 335 Posts

I prioritize function over form. I don't care about brightness levels if the aftermarket LED solution causes hyperflash. If hyperflash can be solved with an onboard solution (on the LED's PCB), then great! Resistor kits require the end-user to modify their factory wiring which can lead to future problems if not done properly. Using an in-line resistor that's plug-n-play is also a good option, but does make wire management more tricky, especially in confined spaces.

Once hyperflash is no longer a problem, then beam patterns, color/warmth, and brightness become the next set of factors.

For me, beam pattern and color are probably the two most important factors. Beam pattern because it's directly related to brightness, but also the color accuracy. Ideally all my signal bulbs should have a matching brightness and color. The same is true for my sidemarkers, license plate bulbs, or headlamps. I don't want colors/tones to be mismatched.

Cheers!
-Icer
The following users liked this post:
LASFIT (05-28-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 08:23 PM
LASFIT
MY350Z.COM Platinum Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by icer5160
I prioritize function over form. I don't care about brightness levels if the aftermarket LED solution causes hyperflash. If hyperflash can be solved with an onboard solution (on the LED's PCB), then great! Resistor kits require the end-user to modify their factory wiring which can lead to future problems if not done properly. Using an in-line resistor that's plug-n-play is also a good option, but does make wire management more tricky, especially in confined spaces.

Once hyperflash is no longer a problem, then beam patterns, color/warmth, and brightness become the next set of factors.

For me, beam pattern and color are probably the two most important factors. Beam pattern because it's directly related to brightness, but also the color accuracy. Ideally all my signal bulbs should have a matching brightness and color. The same is true for my sidemarkers, license plate bulbs, or headlamps. I don't want colors/tones to be mismatched.

Cheers!
-Icer
Yes, for aftermarket LED lights, the power difference from the OEM vehicle lights can lead to issues like hyperflash or error messages on the dashboard. This is a major driving force behind our efforts to upgrade the LED lights. I can tell you have a lot of knowledge in this area! May I ask if you currently have LED or halogen turn signals installed on your Nissan?
Old 05-28-2024, 09:10 PM
icer5160

Received 440 Likes on 335 Posts

I have replaced all exterior incandescent bulbs on my Z with LEDs. The only exception being the HID main headlights, I see no benefit to upgrading the Xenon D2S bulbs to LED. The headlamp housing and projector lens was designed to work best with the Xenon bulb, the problem with LEDs is that they cannot project a near 360* beam of light like gas filled glass cylinder bulbs can. This can result in uneven brightness, sometimes worse than original bulbs. Also poor cut-off lines/patterns.

I'm using GTR Lighting LED turn signal bulbs. I chose GTR because they had a plug-n-play in-line resistor to prevent hyperflash. I did not need to use the resistor on my rear signal bulbs, but for switchback functionality on my front signals I did need to use the resistor. So far no issues, they work & look great.
Cheers!
-Icer