Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

When u guys called 1-800-nissan1 did they give u a vin and arrival date?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 12:43 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If there wasn't so much smoke in here I could probably answer that question for you.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:04 PM
nizl

Old 09-22-2002, 01:54 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

I'm not so sure the smoke in question is eminating from your ***, or from the rifles of people here who will pop a cap in your grape for asking this age-old question. However, in the interest of being a kind soul...

Your success at 800 Nissan1 depends entirely upon whether the person answering the phone forwards you to someone in the know, or just gives you the usual party line. (Check with your dealership, they have all of the info you are asking for, etc, etc, etc).

Deep within the recesses of NNA, they have the ability to see when your car was built, whether it has been serialized, and what the anticipated delivery date is. Cars are serialized when they are loaded on the cargo ship and headed East. The VINs show up in NNA's system a day or two afterwards.

There are a few boats leaving Yokohama (or are we really worried about Yokosuka? Those of you who have your cars know what I mean). That being said, there will probably be more VINs hitting the system this week.

At any rate, don't get your hopes up if it doesn't show up as soon as they originally anticipated. I learned a long time ago to roll with the punches, and believe me, I've been handed a few during this entire phase of waiting and waiting...

Best of luck.
Old 09-22-2002, 04:24 PM
Boomer

Default Re: When u guys called 1-800-nissan1 did they give u a vin and arrival date?

Originally posted by lazarus
I called 1-800-NISSAN1 on thurs. and asked for a vin and arrival date, my order # is a W order. They said they would have my vin and arrival on Mon. or Tues. the latest! Should I get my hopes up or were they just blowin smoke up my ***!!!!
Do a search on ZISME posts and use the 2 inventory report numbers w/your dealer. They are new reports, obviously, and ask for the inventory manager or your salesman. If they aren't *********, sorry ladies, you'll get your VIN and maybe ETA. If your numbers don't come up, then NNA may have the info like they should have had when I was searching myself. Good luck, enjoy your Z, I am.

Boomer
Old 09-22-2002, 05:01 PM
roberto350z

go to your dealer and dont **** with any salesman. Go to the manager, ask for these:

KMD3210-R2 - Production Ordering Detail Report

KMD3210-R3 - Customer Order Report

if he EVEN starts to stutter or "ummm...well" then cut him off and kindly ask to speak with the inventory manager or even get the regional NNA rep.'s email.

Seems 9/10 times NNA cant answer your question. Its almost as if someone asked you for the number of days left on the mortgage of your house. Sure you could get it, but who are you really gonna get it for. You'll say, "hmm, well I think its about 15 years left or something." effectively not answering the question.

NNA too big of a monster, go straight for the ***** (dealer manager)

ps NIZL re picture....WTFITS?