Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Baby Seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004 | 01:52 AM
nanotek

Default Baby Seat

Boy, a year ago when I bought this sweet machine I did not think I would be having a baby anytime soon. Well, I am. And now I need to disable the passenger-side airbags and find some type of baby car seat thta is suitable for a 2-seat performance vehicle.

Anybody know of car seats that can be used in the Z (I live in PA and we have strict laws ... I believe the seat will have to face backwards)

--

mny thnx
nano
Old 03-30-2004 | 04:39 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Visit https://www.airbagonoff.com. They did a great job on the airbag switch for my car. Most people haven't had any success getting the dealer to install a switch because of liability.

I don't know about rear-facing seats (which you'll need for the first few months, I thinks it's up to 20 pounds in Virginia), but most forward facing seats that can take advantage of the passenger restraint should work. The problem with baby seats is that in order for them to be installed properly, the really should compress the cushioning in your cars passenger seat so that the baby seat can't rock or shift. They're a real ***** to get in properly (most of the fire departments that will show you how to install them will put a grown man in the seat and then tighten down the belts!), and they're not something you'd want to take in and out very often. The result is that you're going to end up leaving the car seat in the car, so you can bet that it's going to do damage in some form to your car. It's the nature of the beast, but hey, once you have your kid, your car won't matter so much.....Trust me.