Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Creator Of Gran Turismo Drives A 350z!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Z2k3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Creator Of Gran Turismo Drives A 350z!

I was just looking thru the newest issue of Gamepro (May 2004) and I was checking out the big article on Gran Turismo 4 for the PS2 due out this fall. To my surprise there is a sub-article about the creator of the Gran Turismo series Kazunori Yamauchi and how he owns a 350z. Here's direct quote from the magazine:

"In real life, GT series creator Kazunori Yamauchi drives a Nissan 350z, but he favors it when playing Gran Turismo 4, too."
Here's more

"What's your favorite car to drive in real life and in the game?"

"In real life, my choice is the Nissan 350z. In the game, I like cars with a good weight balance and rear-wheel drive. Examples would be the Honda S2000 and, of course, the Nissan 350z. This is because the reaction to the driver's input is very natural, the controllability of the car has a good and wide range, and it can easily be made to match the driver's intentions."
I think it's really cool that somone like the creator of the Gran Turismo series who probably could buy any car in the world still prefers to drive a 350z. Geez Gran Turismo 3 is one of the biggest selling PS2 games in history this guy has to be rolling in the $$$$$$$$ yet he still chooses to drive a 350z. I think that speaks volumes about the car
Old 03-30-2004, 09:46 AM
jcr847

GT4 is going to be sick...
pretty cool that he drives a 350z though.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:56 AM
DiRN

Default Re: Creator Of Gran Turismo Drives A 350z!

Originally posted by Z2k3
I think it's really cool that somone like the creator of the Gran Turismo series who probably could buy any car in the world still prefers to drive a 350z. Geez Gran Turismo 3 is one of the biggest selling PS2 games in history this guy has to be rolling in the $$$$$$$$ yet he still chooses to drive a 350z. I think that speaks volumes about the car
Not to take away from the coolness factor of him driving a Z, but I think you are majorly overestimating the amount of money video game developers make. They don't get paid nearly as much as you'd think to develop games, and Sony most likely owns all the rights to the series.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:59 AM
Z2k3

Default Re: Re: Creator Of Gran Turismo Drives A 350z!

Originally posted by DiRN
Not to take away from the coolness factor of him driving a Z, but I think you are majorly overestimating the amount of money video game developers make. They don't get paid nearly as much as you'd think to develop games, and Sony most likely owns all the rights to the series.
You may be right but another gaming magazine I think EGM has started a column recently kinda like MTV Cribs but for game designers/creators and the ones they have shown so far well.....needless to say these people sure don't look like they are hurting for money. And if they are hurting I would like to be hurting as much as them lol
Old 03-30-2004, 10:17 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

So he probably put in some extra goodies for his "favorite" ride... can't wait myself
Old 03-30-2004, 10:23 AM
robcassell

i bet he put some secret code in for the "ultimate z"
Old 03-30-2004, 02:08 PM
drdisco

Default Re: Re: Creator Of Gran Turismo Drives A 350z!

Some do, some don't. I kind of know one of the developers for ID software, one of those brother of a friend of a friend deals... He was one of the primary developers for Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Quake and Wolfenstein 3D. Last I heard he had three ferrari's in his garage, after giving one away as a prize for a Quake deathmatch. Every one of them has pretty substantial engine mods. He has a turbo'd testarosa that will do over 200mph! He may be sort of the exception though in that not only did he design the game but he also wrote most of the rendering engines and alot of the code that made first person shooter games possible. He is pretty much rolling in it. I did see just recently he has gotten involved with one of the x-prize teams in his spare time.

Anyway, does anyone know if they have set a release date for gt4 yet?
Old 03-30-2004, 02:30 PM
DiRN

Default Re: Re: Re: Creator Of Gran Turismo Drives A 350z!

Originally posted by drdisco
Some do, some don't. I kind of know one of the developers for ID software, one of those brother of a friend of a friend deals... He was one of the primary developers for Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Quake and Wolfenstein 3D. Last I heard he had three ferrari's in his garage, after giving one away as a prize for a Quake deathmatch. Every one of them has pretty substantial engine mods. He has a turbo'd testarosa that will do over 200mph! He may be sort of the exception though in that not only did he design the game but he also wrote most of the rendering engines and alot of the code that made first person shooter games possible. He is pretty much rolling in it. I did see just recently he has gotten involved with one of the x-prize teams in his spare time.
Keep in mind though, John Romero and John Carmack also owned Id. So they owned the rights to their games. In this case, the game was put out by Sony. It's all about owning the rights.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:30 PM
grifferjr

Default Re: Creator Of Gran Turismo Drives A 350z!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Z2k3
[B]

first off dont expect too many codes for the game. All of the GT's are reality based driving games and really dont have many cheats involved. There may be some kind of code to get unlimited cash in order to skip having to make your way through the lower ranks. but what would be the fun then of having thegame. you would be better off playing something else arcadish.

personally i cant wait for the game to come out. it hurts me every month when i check the PS2 website and see that the release date keep getting pushed back. It was originally slotted for early 2004, then it was pushed back to late march or early april, and yes if you havent heard it has been pushed back yet again. I checked this weekend and the states arent getting the game until June 6th 2004. At least this time it looks for sure cause they actually announced a date and not a general month. cant wait to get the Z and deck her out with all the mods and rims. This game will kick undergrounds a**, that was a little too cartoonish for me. just my 2 cents. later.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:19 PM
drdisco

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Creator Of Gran Turismo Drives A 350z!

Keep in mind though, John Romero and John Carmack also owned Id. So they owned the rights to their games. In this case, the game was put out by Sony. It's all about owning the rights.
True True Ownership has it's privledges.

June 6th on the game huh... I guess the race is on. Will I be driving the ps2 version or the real thing on june 6th. I just ordered mine and the salesman told me to expect a june delivery.