2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z in A2, MI

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002, 04:18 AM
john0213

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Touring6MT_Z

John,

I subscribed to R&T for more than 10 years then swithed to C&D for more than 10 years now. R&T tends to cover a lot of racing, Sport Cars comparison and high performance driving. They don't cover practical automobiles very much. While I subscribed to R&T, I also read my brother's C&D, which cover all type of cars and trucks. After a while, I got tired of just reading R&T comparing the same sport cars 50 times. So I switch to C&D and enjoy the balance coverage since. Both magazines have excellent technical staff and writers and also very critical. Motortrend, on the other hand, tend to be much less technical and critical than R&T and C&D. Next month you can read all 3 magazines covering the 350Z, and we'll see what I mean.
NEXT MONTH!!?? u mean july? i don't know that, thx for reminding me man. i'll be buying all three to see their difference.

talk back to understeer and oversteer, so:

oversteer = the techique to drift, if there is too much then the car will spin
understeer = front tire lost grip so u can't turn.

am i right?
Old 06-11-2002, 07:34 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by john0213

NEXT MONTH!!?? u mean july? i don't know that, thx for reminding me man. i'll be buying all three to see their difference.

talk back to understeer and oversteer, so:

oversteer = the techique to drift, if there is too much then the car will spin
understeer = front tire lost grip so u can't turn.

am i right?
John,

Yep, next month, July (August issue). July issues already out with zero info. on Z.

Oversteer = rear tire loosing traction during cornering, could result in a spin.
Understeer = front tire loosing traction during cornering, could result in hitting the wall or off the road.

There are driving techniques to overcome understeer when entering the corner and overcome oversteer while in the corner to gain higher cornering speed. Those are NOT part of the definition itself from what I learned. This subject is now broke out as a separate thread. https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....=9900#post9900

Flyingscot posted a lot more valueable insight and driving technique in that thread. Have fun reading.