2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Listing of cars your Z has smoked!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 08:02 PM
3502GO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"

"so how many carlengths did u beat the mustang by? 2-4?"

Beating him was only part of the equation, the best part is that his plate says "RYC ETR". I raced him again tonight from 0-80 and then 60-110. Off the line I was immediately 2 car lengths ahead then we started up a hill, he seemed to stay 2 car lengths back up to 80. Oh, I also had a passenger with me and the windows all the way down(I don't know if the windows affects it or not) and he was by himself. We then hopped onto the highway and were going about 60 or so, he jumped on it slightly before me and was pulling away slightly, I closed the gap very slowly and got back to even at around 95 where I began to pass him ever so slowly up to 110 where I was only 3 foot ahead of him. I also had my windows down at this point which definitely hampered my cars acceleration at 100+, my passenger also had his hand out the window too. So the bottom line is, I barely beat him on the highway with a worst case scenario. When we exited the highway a few miles down, I noticed his plate and yelled out the window, "how does THAT Rice taste"?
Old 10-01-2002, 08:05 PM
3502GO

Oh, also, I had a rolling start against my wife in her G35, she barely took me up to 60 or so. Man, I am never gonna hear the end of that one!
Old 10-01-2002, 10:39 PM
Zboy

Smile

(My 350z Vs 944 Turbo) My most recent race was against a Porche 944 Turbo. I am not sure if it was SE one or not. I was headed to Hartfrod from boston and was crusing at 70 mph on the right most lane. I notcied a 944 on my right kept trying to get my attention... It would pull up next to me and match my speed and then speed up and then sllow down again to match again... I said what the heck and gave a lttle gas to creep beside him next time he went a lil ahead....And then he gave full throtle and I responded by dropping to 4th gear... I pulled steadily on him until 110 mph after which I started to really lose him.... I was at about 130+ mph now and braked to 60 or so and let him catch up....We went at it again....Again I pulled slowly uptiil 100 mph. After this point I would leave him in dust... I am guessing his turbo lag at this point had a lot to do with it... We later matched speeds at 65 and he gave me thumbs up.

(My 350z Vs Beetle Turbo) Haha...I wanted to save my gas but... this big dude in a Blue Riced up Beetle Turbo wanted to race... I kept ignoring him but everytime we stopped at a traffic light he would rev and what not...And when the light would turn green he would punch it... After 3rd light I decided to test his beetle I chirped at 1st, chirped my tires again again from 1st to 2nd and waited for him at the next traffic light after rolling down my windows...He pulls up next to me and says "Damn man...That thing has too much power!" I just grinned. He left me alone after that haha.

(My 350z vs Eagle Talon) This was on Highway and there was a Talon in the fast lane in front of me. He was driving below the speed limit on the fast lane and would not budge. As soon as the right lane cleared up a little I decided to pass him, but in a normal manner...As soon as I changed lane to pass him, he downshifted and was giving gas. I dropped to 4th and easily passed him and was waay ahead of him in 3-4 seconds. I could have downshifted even further to 3rd but didnt think it was necessary.

(My 350z Vs Eclipse) I have played with 2 Eclipses. Both of them kept trying to keep up with my Z. I never had to force the issue over 5000 rpm and always had 1 more gear to drop down to but never needed to.

(My 350Z Vs CLK AMG) I am still trying to figure out if this was a rebadged AMG or a real one. I know an AMG is 0-60 in 5.1 secs but anyways.... I had just broken into my engine...I was at about 1300 miles and was going at 60 mph on Route 7 near Albany. I noticed a car with bright Xenons come right behind me....It was awfully close on my butt..close enough to get me nervous and try to make some gap...Then he came on my left and pulled up a little and I noticed it was CLK...At this point he was checking out the car..after which he pulled right behind me again.... I dropped to 4th and put my foot on the throttle. It does the same and tries to keep up but with no success. At about 110 mph I decide to brake and slowed down considerably. He does a ricer fly-by and takes the next exit. I am guessing it was a rebadged CLK because I shouldnt have beaten him that bad. Or is the CLK not so great in a 1/4 mile?

This car is too much fun, and will get me in trouble fast if I dont invest in a Passport SRX soon!
Old 10-02-2002, 02:18 AM
olzilver

Default No real runs yet.

I've had a few cars try to catch up without doing so. No big deal. I seem to get a lot of Cobra Mustangs running up next to me in a lower gear and making a lot of noise. Most seem to wear baseball caps that are on sideways and they look about half as old as my boys. I refuse to even look at them for the most part. I'm still in the break-in period anyway.
Old 10-02-2002, 03:17 AM
lyonsd

Default Re: No real runs yet.

Originally posted by olzilver
I've had a few cars try to catch up without doing so. No big deal. I seem to get a lot of Cobra Mustangs running up next to me in a lower gear and making a lot of noise.
If that fella up there barely beat a GT, then I wouldn't expect too much if you line up with a Cobra.

Anybody in Georgia want to test their car against a '87 Buick (stock of course).
Old 10-02-2002, 05:06 AM
Zrated

I had a Porsche BoxsterS try to race me. I only had 500+ miles on at the time so I couldn't do anything about it. That would have been a good race right there, I'll see him again I also want to race a S2000. Those 2 races are what I want.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:52 AM
3502GO

Default Re: Re: No real runs yet.

Originally posted by lyonsd
If that fella up there barely beat a GT, then I wouldn't expect too much if you line up with a Cobra.

Anybody in Georgia want to test their car against a '87 Buick (stock of course).
I agree, we have no chance of keeping up with the cobra's unless we do some mods or simply take a few turns, which the cobra's will have no chance against us.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:26 AM
dvlad

Originally posted by Zboy
(My 350z Vs 944 Turbo) My most recent race was against a Porche 944 Turbo. I am not sure if it was SE one or not. I was headed to Hartfrod from boston and was crusing at 70 mph on the right most lane. I notcied a 944 on my right kept trying to get my attention...
so.....he was driving on the shoulder then?
Old 10-02-2002, 07:35 AM
goofyZ

I really haven't raced anyone. I usally am farily aggressive off the line which no one keeps up with. Although one day I saw this vette (Z06 I think) who was having fun blowing off the line. there was a new porchea 911 Carrera with us but he didn't seem to want to play. Eventually I was at the light next to the vet. I took off fairly aggressivly but didn't really give a great effort cause I knew I was out mached and was embarrased to sound too agressive. this thing blew me away like I was standing still. I felt like I was in a kia. I've worked on my launches and would like another try, just to see how much the vett would beat me buy with a good effort.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:38 AM
zzzzzz

Default Listing of cars your Z has smoked!

At a light in down-town Toronto, I heard a voice outside my passenger window say: "Lets Go!, I'll race you to the park" I looked over and it was a 15 year-old on a Tony Hawk skateboard. Having never raced such a vehicle before, I was up for the challenge. The klight turns green I floor it and as he pushes off hard with his right leg. I was beating him by several car lengths when we approached a flight of stairs at the end of the road. I stop comtemplating my next move. At that point, he approaches from behind, jumps on the hand-rail and slides down the last 30 feet remaining in the race..........I loose.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:01 AM
bgumby99

I had my first "go" yesterday (just hit my 1200mi break in point)!
There was a very cherry looking Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 (320hp, all wheel drive) on the
highway when I was cruising home. There wasn't too many cars on the road, and he was coming up fast on me. When he reached me, he slowed and pulled along side to look at the car. I glanced over at him, and his eyes were checking out all the components on the Z. I gave him a thumbs up, and he smiled and shook his head in agreement that he seemed to like the design. So at that point I figured I'd show him what I had under the hood. So I downed to 4th at about 62mph, and kicked it to jump in front of him. At this point on the highway we were coming up to a long sweeping curve that went into about a 1.5
mile straight, flat, no cops stretch. We came up on a minivan fast, and as soon as we got out of the curve, the mini-van pulled to the slow lane, and we both launched 'em. I pulled away from him without any issue, I took the Z up to 125mph before coasting her down. I think he gave up after 110mph because he was WAY back there by that point. The only issue I had was getting it
into 5th gear while it was reved out in 4th ... maybe a double clutch would do the trick here.

He pulled up next to me after catching up, and had the LARGEST grin on his face. Shaking his head, mouthing "awesome car, AWESOME car!!", and with a thumbs up I let him go ahead. Was a fun meeting, and showed my car has quite a bit of torque on the upper end. Not to mention at 125mph the car was as stable as could be. Very firmly planted!
Old 10-02-2002, 12:45 PM
mav

Originally posted by Silvia Kar
COMMIE BASTIDS!!!!

**** THIS SITE SUX

I'M OUT
May I suggest professional counseling for your obvious issues.
Old 10-02-2002, 01:00 PM
Rocket2023

Ok, screw it. I did it. Some guy in a Mustang (tricked out) 5.0. Blasted his *** off the line - not enough room to take it to the quarter but let me just say that there is NO way we loose off the line.
Old 10-02-2002, 01:05 PM
zhubs

Last week I was driving on 95 N in the DC area and this guy and his broad (hottie) in an Acura RSX pull up next to me. I was doing about 75 in 6th (only about 400 miles on the Z so of course I am breaking it in properly). Anyway his gal is all smiling and she waves at me. no big deal but the the guy gets pissed and starts yelling at her (at least it looked that way) and takes off. So for about the next minute or so he slows down next to me and keeps taking off trying get me to race him. By this point I am visibly laughing because his girl is still smiling and looking over and this little fat balding guy is getting more pissed than before because I won't race him. So he takes off again and is about 4 car lengths up on me still gettin it (probally doing about 90) so I just had to downshift to 5th and catch him (just long enough to wave at his gal) in about 1.5 seconds shift into 6th, and within about 2 more seconds I had 4-5 car lengths on him.

Free entertainment at it's finest. The bottom line the Z will loose some, but dollar for dollar we have the best sports car on the road IMO.
Old 10-02-2002, 01:28 PM
Rocket2023

I'm sorry Silvia..what is your point? You beat up a new Z. Ok, we are listening.....are you sure it was a Z and did you happen to catch the color? or who was in the back seat?
Old 10-02-2002, 02:29 PM
STLZ
Banned

Default S2000

Zmoked a S200 getting on the highway I was coming on the highway when this yellow S2000 was in the far right lane and wouldn't move over so I bliped into 3rd and hit the gas and cut his *** off he smiled when I slowed down to let him go by.
Old 10-02-2002, 02:49 PM
LA-Z

Dude Seriously Silva Kar wtf is your point? Your 11.sec car beat at 13.8-14.2 Car, So what? I really don't get it. Your post got deleted because you were saying the 350Z isn't a race car because you beat it, meanwhile your car is souped up. Mostly though your lame, 16 year old attitude is why no one is paying any attention to you and your posts got deleted.
Old 10-02-2002, 04:15 PM
Zmeflyby

Originally posted by jims2321
Smoked one 350Z's so far in my '94 stang. One off the line -- he missed a gear I think, then in his embarassment turn off quickly,

The other incident with a 350z took place on I-95. I was cruise toward Daytona Beach, doing about 70, saw someone approaching fast, weaving in and out of traffic. Anyway, he comes roaring up on my bumper, flashes his lights, I let him pass, and the idiot flicks me the bird. I drop it into 4th and punch it, 1/2mi later I am on his bumper, he decides to play games, and tries to stomp on it. I keep with him, and radio ahead to FHP substation for a patrol cruiser to meet me at Highway 44 (New Smryna Beach), and pull up beside him and waved him over. Stupid idiot, actually though it was smart to act like a moron. He is now enjoying the privilege of walking for a while, because his license was suspended.
hey man can u tell us ur mods..i wanna see what u have under ur hood.
Old 10-02-2002, 04:38 PM
iboost

Default First two races in my Z.

My two stories with my Z.

Audi TT - First run took place shortly after I broke in my engine. I was coming home from work one night and was approaching the toll plaza. The highway was completely empty -- there were literally no cars ahead of me for as far as I can see. Behind me I notice this car close in VERY quickly which then begins tailgate me going into the toll plaza. As soon as I ran through the toll plaza (Sunpass lane for those in FL), this car swerves from behind and matches my speed in the next lane over. It's an Audi TT. He lurches forward, slows down to match my speed, speeds up and repeats the process twice before I just say "screw it". I drop into a lower gear and he does the same. In the next few seconds, the distance between my Z and the TT grew and grew... and grew. He never could catch up or gain any ground. At about 120 or so, I slow it down to 70 only to find him do the same. He was about 10 car lengths back. For some reason (shame? embarassment?) he never wanted to catch up and pass me or pull up next to me to repeat the process. I don't blame him.

Impala SS LT1 - Second run was last night. The car was an Impala SS (mid-90's model?). I was cruising down a city street and hear this VERY LOUD car pull up next to me and match my speed. This goes on for a 1/2 mile or so. Up ahead, we make a right turn onto a large street. As soon as we took the turn (he took it first) he floored it. I was in 2nd and fishtailed coming out of the turn and straightening out on the street. In 2nd, his car pulled just as hard as mine. When I hear his car go into third I was approaching 6000 and made my shift into 3rd at 6250 or so. The shift was perfect. I was pulling away from him, but not by much. His next shifts came 1.0 to 1.5 secs ahead of mine and from the sound of it, it was an automatic. In fourth I was pulling away from him slowly, but we had to end it prematurely because we were approaching a busier part of town. We stopped at the next light and talked. He pretty much told me his Impala SS (LT1) runs 13.6 in the 1/4 and IS an automatic. Work included headers, exhaust, internal work and more I didn't catch. In short, the car was heavily modified. I was very impressed with its performance for being such a big car. It was a close race that I can say I didn't win by much. If I was just a little off on any shift, he would've taken me... no doubt. Nice machine.

Anyhow, hope ya enjoyed my Z tales. Till next time.

iboost

Quick Reply: Listing of cars your Z has smoked!