Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I've got issues....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 12:59 AM
erock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I've got issues....

So I woke around 9:30am Friday morning (day off) and did my usual routine (wash and wax). This was my second coat of NXT (1st one was last week) and when I was done I just couldn't stop .

Afterwards, I browsed my350z.com for about an hour and then got ready to go to the gym in my super shiny Z . When I got out of the gym I could notice right away a thin layer of dust had settled and made itself at home on my car .

Determined not to be defeated my the "curse of the Black car", I rushed home and let her sit in the garage to cool off while I grabbed something to eat. After lunch, I went back into the garage and felt the paint. It was still semi warm but I couldn't wait, so I grabbed the Quick Detailer and a fresh MF towel and went to work, 20 mins later, she was all shiny again.

Fast foward thru the days events [chaufferring (?) my GF around to go shopping, costco, her house, this, there, etc] we get home around 10:30ish.... Watch a lil' TV, she goes to bed, and I go to the garage to admire my baby and say goodnight. I flick the light switch and , I can see dust and bug guts on my car .

What to do, what to do....... I did what any other semi OCD Z owner would do, I filled the bucket up w/ soap and water, backed out of the garage, and went to work..... (BTW, it's around 12:30am when I started)........ So now I figure, since I'm all washed why not another coat of NXT......

So now it's 1:52am and i'm typing this lil' story for you guys while I wait for the wax to dry...... As a matter of fact, I'm gonna go and buff her up now, g'night guys...
Old 04-24-2004, 02:38 AM
Grommit

One year from now I bet you won't care as much, but, until then enjoy it!
Old 04-24-2004, 02:58 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you don't have a California Duster, I would suggest that you pick one up. They work great for dust removal.
Old 04-24-2004, 03:45 AM
FairladyZ

wanna do mine too?
Old 04-24-2004, 03:58 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

waaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaa.....?@?@Great story, erock.

Even after 1 year 3 months... I am still very much like you (although my detailing is not as late as yours) -- Can't stand driving unless the Z is looking her finest.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:32 AM
DiRN

And what exactly are these "issues" you claim to have?
Old 04-24-2004, 07:38 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahaha!

I was like that for about half a year. Now, I can drive her around with waterspots, bug splats, window grease, dust and whatever else mother nature can throw at her.

The way I look at it, it's like a hot chick that's been through a mud wrestling match. Even after she gets out of that tub of mud, she's still hot.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:01 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW, putting multiple coats of NXT doesn't do much... NXT has additives in it that also act to remove the original coating of wax so it's not like Zaino.. but I guess you are getting better coverage by constantly putting it on..

That said, I do really like NXT a lot because I can totally wash and wax my car in about 2 hours.. and it looks every bit as good as 1-2 coats of Zaino..

--mike
Old 04-24-2004, 10:25 AM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have the sickness.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:48 AM
FairladyZ

Originally posted by leemik
BTW, putting multiple coats of NXT doesn't do much... NXT has additives in it that also act to remove the original coating of wax so it's not like Zaino.. but I guess you are getting better coverage by constantly putting it on..

That said, I do really like NXT a lot because I can totally wash and wax my car in about 2 hours.. and it looks every bit as good as 1-2 coats of Zaino..

--mike
Zaino sucks....Its old school now. Tropi-care is whats up.
Old 04-24-2004, 11:02 AM
AZZGUY

Default Re: I've got issues....

Originally posted by erock
So I woke around 9:30am Friday morning (day off) and did my usual routine (wash and wax). This was my second coat of NXT (1st one was last week) and when I was done I just couldn't stop .

Afterwards, I browsed my350z.com for about an hour and then got ready to go to the gym in my super shiny Z . When I got out of the gym I could notice right away a thin layer of dust had settled and made itself at home on my car .

Determined not to be defeated my the "curse of the Black car", I rushed home and let her sit in the garage to cool off while I grabbed something to eat. After lunch, I went back into the garage and felt the paint. It was still semi warm but I couldn't wait, so I grabbed the Quick Detailer and a fresh MF towel and went to work, 20 mins later, she was all shiny again.

Fast foward thru the days events [chaufferring (?) my GF around to go shopping, costco, her house, this, there, etc] we get home around 10:30ish.... Watch a lil' TV, she goes to bed, and I go to the garage to admire my baby and say goodnight. I flick the light switch and , I can see dust and bug guts on my car .

What to do, what to do....... I did what any other semi OCD Z owner would do, I filled the bucket up w/ soap and water, backed out of the garage, and went to work..... (BTW, it's around 12:30am when I started)........ So now I figure, since I'm all washed why not another coat of NXT......

So now it's 1:52am and i'm typing this lil' story for you guys while I wait for the wax to dry...... As a matter of fact, I'm gonna go and buff her up now, g'night guys...
Old 04-24-2004, 11:15 AM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Grommit
One year from now I bet you won't care as much, but, until then enjoy it!
Bat™
Old 04-24-2004, 11:20 AM
G35MiXeD
Banned

Tropi-Care?
Old 04-24-2004, 12:29 PM
marhot

Originally posted by DiRN
And what exactly are these "issues" you claim to have?
Exactly. What "issue" do you have? You sound normal to me.

I second teh215 suggestion; you need to get a California Duster, it's great!
Old 04-24-2004, 01:05 PM
erock

Grommit - I see what you're saying, I've had my car since Feb. '03 and still a clean freak, so maybe TWO years from now I'll slow it down..

teh - I had one w/ my previous car but everytime I would use it it would leave wax streaks on the finish..... I haven't used one since....

FairladyZ - If you drive from your house to mine for a wash, I'll gladly do it for ya.....

fairladyZ in Japan - yup, can't drive her around all dusty, 'specially on weekends....

Dirn - um, I forgot, I may have been high on NXT fumes.....

hfm - yea, I have to put up with dust, bugs, etc. during the week cuz I have no time to keep her dust free.... Good analogy

leemik - yea, maybe it's the smell, may be it's the dust I inhale while buffing, I just have to lay a coat after a wash otherwise I don't feel complete....

Reggi - yes, I know.....

AZZGUY - I have the same thoughts....
Old 04-24-2004, 06:18 PM
Beaker02

I'll second the Cal duster..........and really.........what issues?
Old 04-24-2004, 07:22 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by hfm
Hahaha!

I was like that for about half a year. Now, I can drive her around with waterspots, bug splats, window grease, dust and whatever else mother nature can throw at her.

The way I look at it, it's like a hot chick that's been through a mud wrestling match. Even after she gets out of that tub of mud, she's still hot.
Hey, I though you were an old fart!
Old 04-26-2004, 11:20 PM
kendoll

I'm so glad that I am not the only one that goes through this. I don't like feeling alone. I get up earlier so that I can dust and wipe down my car when I return home from the gym, before I get ready for work. So I get up at 3:30am I do this everyday. To think I got talked out of SB because of maintance, Pearl (my Z)is PPW and she refuses to be out not looking her best. Then I feel guilty that my car is all clean so I then wipe down my husbands truck as well. (Not everyday for his but every 2-3 days) Last week I detailed his truck bed at 6am Yes I think I do have OCD too.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:23 AM
BoostTed

Default Re: I've got issues....

so cal huh...can i bring my car over for a wash? Just pretend its your's
Old 04-27-2004, 01:00 AM
dz_nuts408

I purposely roll down the windows in the morning and turn on the engine to the sweet roaring sound.

Quick Reply: I've got issues....