Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

How do you launch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 10:35 AM
Xevious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Starman
Ok, maybe it's just me, but I thought the Z was easy to drive in manual when I test drove one (getting mine in less than two weeks!). The clutch was smooth and I had no problems, it was actually easier than any other manual cars I've driven (maybe this is why). I first learned stick offroad on a sand rail (VW 1600cc four speed, now that was a shiity transmission!), then a Mazda 323 (in England, shifting with my left hand, that was weird), then an old BMW 5 series (also in England), and a Ford pickup (back in the states). After all those crap transmissions the Z was gorgeous!!
its not the transmission that makes it difficult its the clutch, some are easier to drive than others too, it depends, the first one i test drove i stalled but it had practically a digital clutch, unbelieveable small friction point you were on the clutch or off. however my dad's isnt that bad, and is much easier to drive, it was a little difficult to drive for the first day but sense ive only driven an automatic for probably less than 24 hours of actual driving, im used to manual's