Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Keyless Remote Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 08:12 AM
d2glitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Remote Instructions

I recently got an additional keyless remote for my Z on ebay for about 20 bucks after being bent over at the dealership for $110. Only thing is that I cant find my manual for the instructions to add an additional remote. Can you guys help me with this....many thanks

Old 05-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Z'd

any and all remotes that you plan to use with a particular vehicle must be brought to a dealership with the car, together, for programming. I don't think you'll find this to be a DIY item.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:29 AM
FarSeide

Originally posted by Z'd
any and all remotes that you plan to use with a particular vehicle must be brought to a dealership with the car, together, for programming. I don't think you'll find this to be a DIY item.
Thats not true. I have the directions to add multiple remote. Let me find it and will post here.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:42 AM
DiRN

Yeah, I don't know how to do it, but I've watched at the dealer. They don't use anything special. It's just like programming the Homelink. There is definitely a way to DIY
Old 05-11-2004, 11:27 AM
FarSeide

IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again.

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver's side power lock/unlock switch.

2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time. If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.

3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote transmitter. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. NOTE: Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.

5. If there are any remaining transmitters (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver's side power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each transmitter (including any existing transmitters).

6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver's side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.

I hope this helps.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:06 PM
d2glitch

PERFECT!!!!

thanks alot FarSeide...the instructions worked marvelously. Cant belive they dealer guy charged me $110 for the remote and another $30 to program it. oh well.....at least I didnt make the same mistake twice...thanks again.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:08 PM
FarSeide

Anytime ! We share info here !
Old 05-11-2004, 08:27 PM
DiRN

I don't believe that part where they get deleted. When I got my Z, my salesman didn't realize there were two remotes in the center console, so he programmed two new ones for me on the spot. I now have 4 functioning remotes.