Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 09:36 AM
elyliu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We should have a sticker on Zs saying "I will wave back." =D
Old 05-21-2004, 09:54 AM
DeZigner

I have run into very few Zs in this area of the country. Met my first Roadster two days ago in southern Illinois when I went to get a clear bra put on. The owner has a silverstone Roadster. I have a Chrome Silver one. We had a good time, and thought it was a must to have our pictures taken together. The Zs, not us. My wife thought we were nuts. Here's one.
Attached Thumbnails Z owners you meet friendly?-1rr.jpg  
Old 05-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Jetpilot718

For some reason, I get terrible responses from female G/Z drivers. They either pretend they dont see the completely beautiful and shiny black Z next to them (and the driver's not bad lookin either ), or they simply look over, and look away like I just rolled next to them in a Honda.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:26 PM
SchoolZin

It's funny, when I used to have my WRX, suby owners were a lot cooler about giving each other a little wave or nod. Kind of made me feel like part of a cool group. With the Z though, it's like people think they are too damn cool to wave back. I know people don't HAVE to wave back, but seriously come on, does it really kill someone to be polite and acknowledge someone who for one reason or another has a similiar interest? I still wave, even though most owners around here don't give a crap, but every once in a while someone gives me props in return.

Come on people, can't we just give a damn little wave to fellow owners?
Old 05-21-2004, 08:42 PM
bjl311

I have only seen a few in the 2 weeks that I have had my Z. 2 have waved back and the others might not have seen me being other the other side of a 4 lane road.

It seems like I dont see as many since I got mine.
Old 05-22-2004, 06:44 PM
ahagist

Default !!`

I live in the Ft Hood Tx area and there are not that many Zs in the region. Im surrounded by Mustangs and Corvetts, hell 1 out of every 5 cars I see is a POS Mustang. Not to rag that much on the stang but I just dont like the feel or the ride and thats. Yea there are some that can take me on the 1/4, but there is a hella lot more to a baddass car than the quarter. LOL and two of my friends at work drives a Vett. But this is a very Z limited place, so all of us that have Z wave and or flash each other when we pass. Hell I had two fellow Z owners that saw my Z in the yard stop at my house and say Hi. So, Dont sweat the "I flashed and he blew me off crap" He or she probably dident see it or notice in time to respond, God knows I have, "and feld like a jackass". I drive a Blackhawk at work and a Z at home. Ill take the Z any day. "except in Iraq the roads sucks"!
Old 05-22-2004, 06:46 PM
ahagist

Default Re: !!`

Originally posted by ahagist
I live in the Ft Hood Tx area and there are not that many Zs in the region. Im surrounded by Mustangs and Corvetts, hell 1 out of every 5 cars I see is a POS Mustang. Not to rag that much on the stang but I just dont like the feel or the ride and thats. Yea there are some that can take me on the 1/4, but there is a hella lot more to a baddass car than the quarter. LOL and two of my friends at work drives a Vett. But this is a very Z limited place, so all of us that have Z wave and or flash each other when we pass. Hell I had two fellow Z owners that saw my Z in the yard stop at my house and say Hi. So, Dont sweat the "I flashed and he blew me off crap" He or she probably dident see it or notice in time to respond, God knows I have, "and feld like a jackass". I drive a Blackhawk at work and a Z at home. Ill take the Z any day. "except in Iraq the roads sucks"!

I need not to post when drinking rum! LOL damn proper grammer!
Old 05-22-2004, 08:16 PM
350zMon

for the most part i think they are friendly
Old 05-23-2004, 08:24 AM
elyliu

WOOHOO!!!! first wave back after month & half of owning the Z in LA.

The story:
Saturday night, just cruising w/ my gf. A CS coupe caught up next to me, paused a little, then took off. We chased each other down for about 2 miles through traffic. IT WAS FUN. Finally next to each other again. We did a quick manly wave. Before I exited, I did a quick high beam flash and he blinked in response too.

I am going continue waving at Z owners. The one out of 10 response is worth it .

O ya, and the same night, I took my Z through it's first canyon run. That was mighty fun as well.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:26 AM
FrankieZZ

Default Real Sportscar People

Most aren't real sports car people . Just another fad they had to have !You'll know who they are ( RSP )when you pass them !

FrankieZZ