Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Brickyard in Seattle for a voyeur?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002 | 04:29 PM
ahoth

Default Brickyard in Seattle for a voyeur?

I'm still flip-flopping between BY and SS, and would love to see an example in the flesh.

Thanks,
Andre

Old 10-07-2002 | 04:56 PM
rep15

Nissan of Fife has or is soon to get a brickyard touring with frost interior. It is listed on the Nissan website. If the buyer has not picked it up you could call and see if it is available for viewing - the color only. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2002 | 05:40 PM
ahoth

Thanks Rep15, I'll give Nissan of Fife a call.

VQ, thanks for the pic references, but I really need to see the color in person to make up my mind.

Andre
Old 10-07-2002 | 05:59 PM
Rahtok

Where did you buy your LeMans from, Bob? I've been dying to see one, but couldn't find any in the Seattle area to look at. I finally took the plunge and ordered a Sunset Touring with a clause in the contract that if I didn't like it, I could order a different color. I don't expect to see mine until late December.

Hopefully, we'll have the dock strike over with long before then, you'll get your Sunset, and maybe I can trade a lunch for a peek at your Z!
Old 10-07-2002 | 06:53 PM
rep15

Town and Country. You will be welcome to see it at the end of the month (I mean at the end of the dock strike). There are two here in Seattle presently owned by two posters here on the site.
Old 10-07-2002 | 09:32 PM
ahoth

Well, I just went to Nissan of Fife to check out a Brickyard touring, and I'm bummed...it's gorgeous! Just when I had settled on Silverstone (which is also awesome, but in a sleeker, more sinister way).

I heard a pretty disheartening story while I was there, though. Apparently, just a couple hours before I showed up there was a Lemans Sunset model waiting for delivery, and when the guy's wife saw it (after they'd waited for several months for it), she didn't like. Wait, it gets worse. It seems the poor guy finally conned her into letting him buy it (or decided to get a divorce for the car - J/K), but when he came back an hour later he got to watch some other lucky bastard drive off with it! That plain sucks, man. Let's just hope it went to a good home, and congratulations to whoever snagged it.

Anyway, I guess I'll be flipping a coin for the color, though I still have a Silverstone Performance model on order (expected in late December - egad!). Any chance of the Brickyard owner backing out tomorrow? I want first dibs!

Andre

Old 10-08-2002 | 01:03 PM
darrensi

I saw a brickyard parked in our parking lot the other day and I was underwhelmed by it. It was a typical Seattle overcast day and the car just looked a dull, dark plum color.

I think that the brickyard is just one of those colors that is only going to look good when its been all waxed up on a sunny day.

If I lived in California I'd get the brickyard in a heartbeat
Old 10-08-2002 | 01:12 PM
rep15

Howdy, darrensi. I am torn between Sunset and Brickyard. Interesting comment. I have seen Sunset but under beautiful blue skies of summer. I am worried about the dull look of brickyard in the winter here. Hey I am in Reintree east of Woodinville. Are you getting a Z. More importantly, what color (have to keep track of the competition).
Old 10-08-2002 | 09:12 PM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Yahoo rep15

Yahoo rep15, your car is coming your car is coming. We must meet when you get it so I can gander at it. This dang strike can't get over soon enough. Hope to see you and your car soon. Marcy
Old 10-08-2002 | 09:33 PM
integraowner

Default SS

I went with silverstone because I think the color fits well with our seattle weather. It's not so dark as to be dull on our cloudy days. It's bright in sunlight but not overly so as to wash out the lines of the car.

And, I don't think it will look dirty quite as quickly as my previous white car here in seattle rain and stuff.

Anyway, I am obviously biased, but I think silverstone is the best balanced, best overall color for the new Z.
Old 10-09-2002 | 12:22 AM
JamieH

Default Brickyard

darrensi, if you're talking about the Brickyard parked in the Building 9 parking lot, it needs a serious washing because it it FILTHY! (I work with the guy who owns that car).
Old 10-09-2002 | 04:38 AM
rep15

JamieH, good to hear from you again. Are you getting a z on pre-order? I would really like to see that brickyard. It is Building 9 on the Redmond Campus, isn't it?
Old 10-09-2002 | 09:59 AM
JamieH

Default Yep

Yep, it is building 9 on the Redmond campus. He usually just parks it out in front of the building (to the left if you are looking at building 9), but sometimes he puts it underneath the building too.

The first time I saw it (underneath the building where it was dark) I was somewhat unimpressed. Seeing it out in the light it looks pretty good. But I haven't had a chance to see it under sunlight yet. My impression is that in the dark it looks black or a dark plum, and in dull light it is an interesting, yet not really stunning, color. I *LOVE* the pics of it in sunlight, though how much of that will we get this winter. It seems you need the light to pull out the red aspects of the color, which is what I think make it look so sweet.

Part of the problem is that I don't think it has been washed since he picked it up. You can already draw your name in the dust on the car (not that I would do that to him!) That might be part of what makes the car look not as incredible as I had hoped. It has always been known that Brickyard would be a high maintenance color because it is so dark.

Yeah, I have a Brickyard on pre-order, but I have no idea when it is coming in. Latest I heard was early November, but that was before the dock strike. I have waffled back and forth on whether to take it, or put in a new order for a blue, or wait for the convertible etc etc. Right now I'm leaning back towards taking it, but that could change by noon.

I haven't been posting much because I can't get through the proxy server at work to log in here.
Old 10-09-2002 | 01:10 PM
ahoth

Hey guys, the Brickyard I saw in Fife was really stunning in the light of the garage they had it kept in. It was definitely darker than most of the other colors, but it still had the character that only a not-silver-or-white-or-black car can convey.

The only thing I didn't care for about it was the spots just above the wheel wells; they seemed to be much darker than the rest of the car. This was probably an illusion created by the way the paint reflected the light, but it seemed to give it an unneven tonality. Of course, this could dissappear in different lighting conditions.

I still have my Silverstone on order, by I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a Brickyard if one became available.

So when are we going to have an MS Z event? Then again, why count anybody out.

Andre

Old 10-09-2002 | 01:23 PM
rep15

Brickyard - ever the elusive color. It appears that even if you have seen one you can't tell what color it is exactly. One of the great mysteries. I suppose I won't be able to tell if I like it until I see it in person.
Old 10-09-2002 | 01:47 PM
Z33Fan

Some guy posted about trying to do a meeting this weekend, driving around the Sound. Maybe you guys would be interested.
Old 10-09-2002 | 01:57 PM
rep15

Anyone in the Puget Sound:
Look in the Car Clubs Forum about the trip in thread: Seattle - Where to go???

Give your opinion.
Old 10-09-2002 | 03:27 PM
darrensi

Originally posted by rep15
Howdy, darrensi. I am torn between Sunset and Brickyard. Interesting comment. I have seen Sunset but under beautiful blue skies of summer. I am worried about the dull look of brickyard in the winter here. Hey I am in Reintree east of Woodinville. Are you getting a Z. More importantly, what color (have to keep track of the competition).
I've got a Daytona Blue coming in "real soon now" (it's in L.A. waiting for the spoiler). I'm between Woodinville and Duvall at the back end of the Aspenwood estate.
Old 10-09-2002 | 03:32 PM
darrensi

Default Re: Brickyard

Originally posted by JamieH
darrensi, if you're talking about the Brickyard parked in the Building 9 parking lot, it needs a serious washing because it it FILTHY! (I work with the guy who owns that car).
It was somewhere between 8 and 9 when I saw it so its probably that one - had dealer plates from Oregon if I remember correctly.

It didn't look too dirty to me but I wasn't looking that closely, I was more interested in the 10' appeal, which like I said was dull.

It would be interesting to see what it looks like when it's waxed - please tell me the guy IS going to wax it, right?
Old 10-09-2002 | 05:39 PM
rep15

darrensi, we are neighbors. My wife teaches science at Timbercrest JH next to you. There will be two z's soon flying down Woodinville-Duval Road and also Avondale. We will meet soon in our cars. Cool

Quick Reply: Brickyard in Seattle for a voyeur?