Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Z doesn't feel fast!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 10:53 AM
elyliu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya i had to drive an toyota echo for a day while my Z was in the shop....

shudder....i agree i'd rather walk.....
Old 06-14-2004, 11:15 AM
Montez

Originally posted by dave079
Haha thanks for the sympathy. Getting some exercise wouldnt be a bad idea. Save the embaressment of driving that.
Man is that the best that they could do,lol. I agree a Neon would be a leap from that. What do you think it runs in the 0-60 and 1/4?
Old 06-14-2004, 11:27 AM
LBSOHK

Originally posted by Montez
Man is that the best that they could do,lol. I agree a Neon would be a leap from that. What do you think it runs in the 0-60 and 1/4?
buahaha I dare you to take that car to the track and do some runs
Old 06-14-2004, 01:07 PM
LBSOHK

17.4 ? thats not bad I was thinking more in the 20's..
my friend's 2002 accord ( 4 cyl ) with msd ignition . cat back exhaust + headers + intake ran 16.9 at the 1/4 so go figure..
Old 06-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Montez

Originally posted by lbsohk1
buahaha I dare you to take that car to the track and do some runs
Ha ha, only if you go and we swap out seeing who could get the best time out of it and run your Z against it me. 17.4 is impressive for that car I think as well ! On the same topic I seen a guy in a 89 Chevy Spectrum do a run a few weeks ago it was a 18.7 @73.10 MPH!

Last edited by Montez; 06-14-2004 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:39 PM
CatastrophZZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My Z doesn't feel fast!

Originally posted by ch@mp
Obviously lot of the forum brothers and sisters are going to disagree with me on this but, damn my Z feels so slow at times and other times actually feels fast. I have yet to race any other cars but when alone at night, with no cars around, I gas it... I'm not sure if i'm just "USED" to it by now or what, and I thought that my Z was the perfect one, meaning "No" tire feathering" ( yet, only 1100 miles) one greasy streak on the driver side window, sh!tty speakers ( i can hear the drivers side already starting to make this muffle sound (the bass is set at 0, and the treble at 4) I'm not sure what my problem is or if its my high expectancy due to some of the other Z's i've been reading about. Then again, my baby's bone @ss stock.... anyone else feel the same...
that's b/c you've gotten used to it, if you take a beater out now and drive it for at least a day and not touching the Z at all. you'll feel that your Z's fast again. it's psychological!
Old 06-14-2004, 04:44 PM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

I just got back from a trip to Montreal from Nashville and we took a 2004 V6 Accord that has around 240hp. After driving 22hr days in that thing, and it drives great by the way, I got really used to its power delivery. I could still definately tell that it was less potent than my Z but still, it felt plenty strong as long as you were in the meat of the powerband. Anyway, since I was without my 350 for over a week driving this Accord I was really interested in comparing the two. As soon as I got back home and behind the wheel of the Z I IMMEDIATELY noticed how much faster it was. And I have only had mine for 2 months. I guess it doesn't take long to get used to the power, but at any rate, a few days driving something with less power will certainly put the grunt back into the 350.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:51 PM
LBSOHK

Originally posted by Montez
Ha ha, only if you go and we swap out seeing who could get the best time out of it and run your Z against it me.
haha I would definitely do it , have no problem making an a$$ of myself
Old 06-14-2004, 08:44 PM
D'oh

At an AutoX last months one of the guys was there in a rented Taurus.

The thing wasn't that fast, but the driver was having a blast. Plus, he could take 3 other people for a ride. Getting that inside front tire smoking out of the corners was pretty funny looking.

I wonder what the rental company thought...

-D'oh!
Old 06-14-2004, 08:50 PM
LBSOHK

Originally posted by D'oh
At an AutoX last months one of the guys was there in a rented Taurus.

The thing wasn't that fast, but the driver was having a blast. Plus, he could take 3 other people for a ride. Getting that inside front tire smoking out of the corners was pretty funny looking.

I wonder what the rental company thought...

-D'oh!
haha who remembers when Johnny Knoxville got a rental , just completely destroyed it and tried to give it back saying he bought insurance on it
Old 06-14-2004, 11:35 PM
ch@mp

hahahah, i remember that one on JACKASS. Well i drove my gf's accord today, damn it felt like an SUV, you could see everything from those seats... Yea i realize, that i have just gotten used to it, after i tried flooring the pedal... I'm reassured now!
Old 06-15-2004, 07:17 PM
engiNERD350Z

Originally posted by dave079
The worst I have seen was a 20.23 by a CRX at the track. I could have walked faster than this thing.
I've seen a Chevy Tahoe on 20" chrome wheels run 2x.xx at the track. Why would anyone track it??? I have no clue
Old 06-15-2004, 08:14 PM
ranger5oh

Stop beating on your car if it only has 1100 miles on it!!! Ahhhhh, your poor engine!
Old 06-16-2004, 12:57 PM
sausage5000

yeah 1100 miles you should not be redlining yet, imo.

and an interesting point not mentioned... FWD will always feel much faster in vehicles that are close. my z could never feel as fast as my altima that i traded. ...but it is probably a little bit faster.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:19 PM
MyZ4U2C

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Z has a very linear power delivery and the drive by wire throttle makes is even more linear. Also, there is almost zero "cradle rock" when you change gears so you dont feel yourself being thrown back into the seats. The Z is deceptively fast. I bought an old Cherokee as my new daily driver and it is SO much fun getting back into the Z on the weekends. And it doesnt feel slow at all anymore. Youre just getting used to the power and the linearity of its delivery.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:18 PM
shopdog

Originally posted by MyZ4U2C
The Z has a very linear power delivery and the drive by wire throttle makes is even more linear. Also, there is almost zero "cradle rock" when you change gears so you dont feel yourself being thrown back into the seats. The Z is deceptively fast. I bought an old Cherokee as my new daily driver and it is SO much fun getting back into the Z on the weekends. And it doesnt feel slow at all anymore. Youre just getting used to the power and the linearity of its delivery.
Yeah, but, a Cherokee (Sport, not those Grand abominations) is a fun ride too. They're surprisingly agile, and if you don't roll it, you can get around in a spritely fashion with it. Want a *real* shock after driving the Z? Get in my 78 F350 dually. :-)

Quick Reply: My Z doesn't feel fast!