Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

New car observations

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002 | 03:51 PM
Phydoux
Charter Member #48

Default New car observations

I took delivery of a Touring Z last Thursday, and would like to share some observations.
1. The High Intensity Discharge lights throw out lots of blue light and are great to drive with.
2. The car is very easy to wash and wax.
3. The sunglasses storage compartment is perfect. Hard to believe something this simple can be such a joy to use.
4. The view out the rear view mirror is just fine, you will be using the outside mirrors to check blind spots.
5. Storage in the little compartments takes planning. You'll need to be creative.
6. The aplication of a 3M Clear Bra requires an experienced installer, the front bumper is a complex curve. Not

even close to a do-it-yourself project.
7. The Bose: good news is that my automatic volume control is rock steady; bad news is the low end sound quality

is so-called "one note bass". I'm still working on setting the controls to get the most out of it.

Gabe
Old 10-09-2002 | 04:10 PM
Todd

Thumbs down Re: New car observations

Originally posted by Phydoux
3. The sunglasses storage compartment is perfect. Hard to believe something this simple can be such a joy to use.

The sunglasses holder is too shallow. Nissan needs to go find a Honda/Acura vehicle and copy it's holder. On the Honda version, you put in your glasses upside down and there is little chance of scratching the lenses.
Old 10-09-2002 | 05:19 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

sunglassholder is fine for me but

4 rear view

its like a leterboxed tv and ive still havvent gotten used to it so i wouldent say its fine

as for the bose drive with your windows open and i bet the volume control is not rock steady i thought my bose was fine to till i listened to it for a while

anyway goodluck with your car
Old 10-09-2002 | 06:20 PM
WP Gaston

to Tom - in: i had a 300 z & the tiny rear view took some getting used to, as did the blind spots. But, you will & it won't be an issue

mine's due sposedly in November.
Old 10-09-2002 | 06:22 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

im sure your right .

my last car eagle talon had a big wing in the back but i got used to that eventully