Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I jumped ship, hehe, oh boy! ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 10:09 PM
Z CRAZY
Charter Member #67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I jumped ship, hehe, oh boy! ...

Now I'm the Daytona Blue Track Guy. When I saw the Daytona Blue I fell in love with the color but I still thought I'd be very happy with Brickyard. Well, I just got the confirmation from my salesman that he was able to change the order. My gut feeling told me to do it.

I'm happy, please share in my joy! Gotta love a sexy blue Track with Nav. (Sorry Doc but Brickyard's #2 with me.)

Woohoo!
Old 06-11-2002, 10:44 PM
Jewelz350

Congrats! I would have to say nice choice.
Old 06-11-2002, 10:47 PM
wxtornado

I was torn between the Daytona and Brickyard too, but I opted for the latter. I heard the Brickyard's 0-60 numbers are a bit better than the blue.......
Old 06-11-2002, 10:54 PM
rep15

Thank goodness. I didn't want a slow color.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:02 PM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Originally posted by wxtornado
I was torn between the Daytona and Brickyard too, but I opted for the latter. I heard the Brickyard's 0-60 numbers are a bit better than the blue.......
NOT TRUE!!! The blue absorbs less heat which causes the car to expand less and present less surface area for drag. I have it on GOOD AUTHORITY that the Brickyard will be doing a 6.01 while the Daytona Blue will be kicking a&* with a 5.213 0-60.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:03 PM
rep15

RATS!
Old 06-11-2002, 11:12 PM
wxtornado

Man, I *knew* I shoulda got the blue.................!
Old 06-12-2002, 07:38 AM
JamieH

Default Redmond & Brickyard

Robert, I just noticed you are in Redmond, WA. I am as well and I have a Brickyard Enthusiast on the way. And I know another guy in Redmond who is thinking about getting a Z. His favorite color? Brickyard. It must be something in the water.

We obviously should have gotten together to draw straws for the color. Oh well, we will all have to be cool together I suppose.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:54 AM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Re: Redmond & Brickyard

Originally posted by JamieH
Robert, I just noticed you are in Redmond, WA. I am as well and I have a Brickyard Enthusiast on the way. And I know another guy in Redmond who is thinking about getting a Z. His favorite color? Brickyard. It must be something in the water.

We obviously should have gotten together to draw straws for the color. Oh well, we will all have to be cool together I suppose.
Hey guys..jamieH and rep15, you guys are from WA too..on bracketheads poll I used to be the only 425 area code. Where did you guys order your cars from? How did you hear about the 350Z? and when did you order? I am from Kenmore, actually two blocks from kirkland..ordered 01/11/02 Chrome silver touring, splashguards,mats, AT leather.Ordered from Nissan of Fife, MSRP, $1000.00 down..seems my car will arrive in august, I can hardly wait and I am not waiting patiantly
Old 06-12-2002, 08:08 AM
rep15

Jamie, Marc, Howdy. I figured an area like this would have a bunch of Z's. Hope it doesn't catch on at Microsoft or we will be inundated!

Got mine in Everett didn't like the folks in Edmonds (wanted $2000 down) and Medody is gone as you know. I ordered late, May 31, so I will have a wait although the brilliant minds at Performance Nissan say it will come in August - perhaps they are not the shining lights of wisdom of the Puget Sound area.

Good to hear from both of you. I am the guy driving the red Chevy S-10, four cylinder, two wheel drive at the Redmond Medical Center. This car may be different. I had a 280 Z and hope to regain the spirit!
Old 06-12-2002, 10:38 AM
JamieH

Default Dealer

I actually ended up going through a dealer over in Bremerton--they were the only ones that would guarantee that the depost was refundable up until I actually got a chance to drive the car myself. I don't expect to not want the car, but I like to leave my options open. Plus, driving the few hours home with a new car will be no hassle at all--if I can just figure out how to get over there.........

They are still claiming the car will come in in late August, but I suspect it will be later than that.

Hopefully all the Microsofties will be too busy trying to pay off their BMW's and Porches to pay any attention to the Z.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:56 AM
raceboy
Banned

Actually black will be the fastest because it absorbs more heat and will heat and expand the surrounding air causing less drag.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:59 AM
3rdpower

Default LeMans

ahhh... looks like there may be more many Z's rolling around Redmond. I'm hoping I'm one of the only ones on the Redmond campus hehe... at least one of the only LeMans ones. I almost got Brickyard... it's a WA thing!

And I guarantee you there'll be more Z's on the MSFT Redmond campus than you can shake a stick at... I'm the first of many to follow hehe.
Old 06-12-2002, 12:21 PM
JamieH

Default MSFT

3rd, I'm sure you are right about there eventually being a bunch of Z's on the MSFT campus. Lots of single males with money to burn=lots of impractical sports cars. Though to be fair, compared to the Porches and BMW M3's around MSFT, the Z is actually quite economical. Heck, my parents spent more on their Chrysler mini-van than I spent on my Z! (It IS a nice minivan. Did I just say that?)
Old 06-12-2002, 01:24 PM
pekkle
Charter Member #20

dangit. chalk up another Z on the redmond campus. what building do you all work in? maybe we can at least hope we aren't too close together.
Old 06-12-2002, 05:32 PM
rep15

Sure, Jay, come on over to Western Washington. See what clouds and even rain look like. As for the grand tour, let's just stop at the Oregon-California border and turn around.

Lived in California until 8 years ago. That was enough.

The nice 350Z Forum disclaimer:

Personal opinion. I mean no harm or distrespect to any creature, living or dead, residing within the boundries of the state of California.

Quick Reply: I jumped ship, hehe, oh boy! ...