Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
View Poll Results: If you own a Z with Frost Leather interior, how satisfied are you with your decision
Love it!
65.42%
It's alright.
14.02%
Indifferent
4.67%
Not so great.
10.28%
Dear God, what have I done?!
5.61%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

owners of frost interior, thumbs up or down

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 02:04 PM
JAnton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question owners of frost interior, thumbs up or down

I'm considering this for my interior, and would like to hear from people that own this already. Some say it gets dirty easy, some say it wears easy from new jeans, or something like that.

Please note, this is not a general thumbs up or down to see if anybody likes the color, I am really wanting to know from owners whether or not they are happy with their decision.

Thanks all
Old 10-14-2002, 02:11 PM
InternetABYSS

Thumbs up

I've seen ALOT of 350Z's and its by far the best IMHO
Attached Thumbnails owners of frost interior, thumbs up or down-dsc00076.jpg  
Old 10-14-2002, 02:17 PM
JAnton

I was leaning towards the burnt orange, but pics like yours above have changed my mind. Any comments on the problems with wear and tear, soil/marks showing easily. I guess we won't know too much as they have only been out for a limited time now.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:17 PM
InternetABYSS

lighting plays tricks.....the leather and the rest of the interior isn't that light....

My gallery has tons of Frost pics for future reference.

https://my350z.com/gallery/internetabyss

Yeah it gets alittle dirty but its easy just clean the stuff right off the leather in seconds....Well if you had black seats im sure you wouldn't see the dirt....but thats just common sense.

Last edited by InternetABYSS; 10-14-2002 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:32 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

JAnton,

I personally don't like dark interior, specifically black interior in Texas is a no no for me. I had an Audi 5000S with very dark brown interior and dark green exterior while live in upstate New York. Summer is no fun to get into the car and sit on the seat.

So, picking the Frost color is easy for me. I got mine at the end of August and didn't have any problem get into the car and sit on the seat in the middle of the day. The CS exterior also help.

So far, I love the color.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:59 PM
I want a 350Z

Its good in the following colors.

Daytona Blue
Pikes Peak White
Silverstone
Decent on Chrome Silver
Maybe Suber Black

Yeah i guess thats it.....
Old 10-14-2002, 04:19 PM
john0213

i don't agree, i think silverstone and black should use burnt orange, they look pretty sexy with those colour!!~ Anywayz, eventho i order the burnt orange seat i love the frost leather, it looks somehow..........luxury~~
Old 10-14-2002, 04:59 PM
Enforcer

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
lighting plays tricks.....the leather and the rest of the interior isn't that light....

My gallery has tons of Frost pics for future reference.

https://my350z.com/gallery/internetabyss

Yeah it gets alittle dirty but its easy just clean the stuff right off the leather in seconds....Well if you had black seats im sure you wouldn't see the dirt....but thats just common sense.
The interior is tough to photograph. Here is a picture that shows direct sunlight and shade and how it changes the look.

More Pictures

Enforcer
Attached Thumbnails owners of frost interior, thumbs up or down-lighttricks.jpg  
Old 10-14-2002, 05:24 PM
InternetABYSS

I think that the negative votes on the poll are coming from people who dont own Z's with frost interior...just my opinion.

Decent on chrome silver???????????

silver interior silver exterior....hmmm i guess that doesnt match.
Old 10-14-2002, 05:34 PM
Brad4rdHay

I sat in one at the dealer (CS, 6-MT) and was suprised by how much I liked it. BUT, i still felt (no offense to any frost owners) that via Nissans cost sutting, overall it felt kinda like an afterthought. What I mean is that the mix-match of frost, black and silver looked not as thought out as say black or orange interiors.

Again, i think that you can't go wrong with any of the touring colors, but I personaly prefer the orange above all.
Old 10-14-2002, 05:49 PM
k2we

I ordered my Chrome Silver "Z" with the Frost Leather interior and I'm very happy. Everyone who see's the combination say's it's super.. Since I had to get leather with my Touring model, I didn't want any dark colors for fear of it being too hot in the summer.. My car was the first in this combination at my dealer and all the sales people were pleased..

Steve (k2we) Dobbs Ferry, NY
Old 10-14-2002, 05:50 PM
Enforcer

Your right Brad. I love my Frost, don't get me wrong. But this was one thing I was worried about. As it is, it's pretty good though. All I have to do is replace the black floor carpet and black mats and it would be perfect. Maybe an aftermarket aluminum dash if/when they become available, but I think that could be said of all interior colors. The one now almost looks like carbon fiber so it's good but an aluminum one would be excellent, I'm thinking anodized satin, like the door handles. Brushed would be too hard to clean IMHO.

Enforcer
Old 10-14-2002, 06:08 PM
JAnton

Originally posted by Brad4rdHay
I sat in one at the dealer (CS, 6-MT) and was suprised by how much I liked it. BUT, i still felt (no offense to any frost owners) that via Nissans cost sutting, overall it felt kinda like an afterthought. What I mean is that the mix-match of frost, black and silver looked not as thought out as say black or orange interiors.

Again, i think that you can't go wrong with any of the touring colors, but I personaly prefer the orange above all.
Oh man, I couldn't agree more. As much as I love the interior, all colors, It does seem that both the orange and the frost aren't completely integrated with the rest of the dash, carpets, etc. This is probably getting picky, but I am cursed as a stickler for detail.

Take the orange, where else do you see orange inside the car other than the dash lights?? If I were to get that, I think I would hit that leatherseats.com and get matching seats, gear shift boot, and steering wheel, something to tie in the seat color.

What am I talking about, I would just settle having the damn car now. In the meantime, I will drive my Maxima and have visions of Zs dancing in my head.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:20 PM
Brad4rdHay

I LOVE the orange. I think it fits because 1) its exotic/sporty looking 2) Its just the seat which is normal in sports cars 3) Porvdes some contrast of colors.

Black seats look great but makes the interior a little too stark IMO.

What I really wich they did was what is in their drawings. Frost doors, and carpets, black dash and transmition tunnel, and orange seats. It looked pretty cool.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:34 PM
C Ray Z

Thumbs up Brickyard with Frost is a Great Combination

I have the frost interior and do not regreat it at all. It is really nice with the dark color outside colors. It also is well set with the various shades of the carpets.

Old 10-14-2002, 07:43 PM
roberto350z

in a perfect world, I would have gotten the white with frost BUT my buddy's gfriend says that I can take this combo and her maltese dog and head straight for the gay bar! Hmph. the nerve.

I loooove the frost, I think its straight PIMPIN...the reason I had to pass, is the inevitable outcome that the frost will discolor and darken...it wont look good as long
Old 10-14-2002, 08:22 PM
In2Gems
Charter Member #42

Default frost with chrome silver

AFTER I orderd my frost with chrome silver I saw it on the white
and was very worried, parts of it looked tan against the white. But in person it all comes off in silver tones and looks great with the Chrome. It may not hide the dirt as well as the black etc.
but I guess thats why the kept the black mats. I am glad about that. It will stay much cooler as well.

In2gems
Old 10-14-2002, 08:54 PM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default CS/frost

Originally ordered the charcoal, decided to try the frost. I was extremely worried that it would be way too light. I wasn't real keen on the seats only being frost. When I picked up my car I loved it, it blends really well, all the shades of gray I like it especially from the rear, wished that the front mats were the same color as the trunk mat...ideally I wish the frost was aliitle more of a medium gray...BTW noted in the CS car of a friend that had charcoal seats...the charcoal has orange stitching aand orange dots on the leather, the frost does not, I think it looks off in the silver car..probably would look better in the lemans or black car. Alittle bit of a pain to keep clean, if I could just keep my fiance from reading the paper in the car there would be fewer dark spots/smudges..they clean up easy enough. Also like the lighter dash and doors. Happy with my choice and it is still growing on me.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:16 AM
Boomer

Default Frost interior

Originally posted by I want a 350Z
Its good in the following colors.

Daytona Blue
Pikes Peak White
Silverstone
Decent on Chrome Silver
Maybe Suber Black

Yeah i guess thats it.....
What about Brickyard, you Philistine? There a lot of us out here who disagree with your leaving out Brickyard. I have had dozens of compliments on the combination of Frost and Brickyard.

Suber Black?

Last edited by Boomer; 10-15-2002 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:31 AM
JAnton

Default Re: Frost interior

Originally posted by Boomer
What about Brickyard, you Philistine? There a lot of us out here who disagree with your leaving out Brickyard. I have had dozens of compliments on the combination of Frost and Brickyard.

Suber Black?
Now that would be my choice hands down, if available, Super Black with Frost. That would be one shweet ride.

Quick Reply: owners of frost interior, thumbs up or down