Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Grade the Z Pre-order program

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 05:26 PM
MikeyDNY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grade the Z Pre-order program

Well . . . the program isn't near over yet (maybe 3k cars left??). I'm still waiting so I'd like to share some thoughts on the program.

Positives:

Possibly prevented dealer price gouging

Allowed customers to choose the exact options they wanted.

Excellent response/attentiveness by NNA to customer concerns and questions (even if they didn't always know the answers)

Negatives:

It's taking WAY to damn long!! 7000 cars? Should've been able to get all of them out in two months. Some of us may be taking delivery in Nov/Dec which is obviously not a good time for a sportscar. Pre-ordering is beginning to feel like a waste when people who ordered in Sept. have the same expected delivery.

Deliveries began too late . . . cars should have been rolling by the end of july

Like I said above, pre-ordering may have reduced price-gouging. Or, it has made it worse. Since few cars are being turned down, it has made gouging easy in the short-term. If all Z's had been unclaimed, it might have created more competition among dealers.

Where are the demo cars? Couldn't Nissan have circulated 20 to 25 Z's around the country to major dealerships for test drives?

Order tracking is weak. Some Z's show up at the dealer completely unexpected. Maybe Nissan should get a few tips from Fedex.

Overall Grade: B-
Old 10-16-2002, 05:52 PM
belkmike

If you ever purchased a computer from Dell you realize how poor Nissan's computer systems are.

Dell sells and tracks 10's of millions of computers from order through to delivery. When you buy, you get an order # and you can track it from there. Their website is tied into all the major delivery companies (Fedex, UPS). No wonder no one can compete with Dell.

Nissan and their dealer network cannot keep track of 7,000 cars. 2 months ago my dealer asked me for my email address so Nissan Canada could update on the status of my order. So far nothing.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:36 PM

's Avatar

Looks like I will get my car in Dec like some of the pre orders and I ordered in Sept -- late sept

So that should tell ya or what I think is that the dealers are selling some pre-orders for more money....hhmmm