Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proud to own a Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 12:56 AM
crazygideon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud to own a Z

Hows everyone doing. I've been browsing this forum for the last 6 months and finally picked up my car on Saturday. I had concerns on whether the feathering issue was still on the 2004.5's, but I bought the car regardless.

I know alot of people buy new cars every so often, but I've gone through alot of adversity in my life where I'm very proud of myself to able buy a new car, let alone a Z. I lived in a single parent household and had been in poverty most of my life. The last few years all the kids were able to go to college, and the 2 oldest ones, with myself included, were able to graduate and get jobs. I've been jobless for the last year and finally was able to land a job as a unix admin 2 weeks ago.

I was able to buy the car for 500 over invoice, which was the best deal i could find here in california for a roadster. I didnt even have any money to put down for a down payment. But since I had a great credit history I was able to drive out with 100% financing with 3.99%APR. I had a couple issues already with the car. Firstly the dealer had dinged the passegner fender, which they said they would fix next weekend. As I was inspecting my car I notice the the trunk door wasnt a aligned properly, the left side is slightly higher than the other. I'll go mention that when I get the ding fix. Aside from that I really enjoyed the 200miles I put on it today. Any advice prepping the car before I put too many miles on it? Thx for your help
Old 08-22-2004, 04:31 AM
SQUILL

Default Re: Proud to own a Z

Originally posted by crazygideon
Hows everyone doing. I've been browsing this forum for the last 6 months and finally picked up my car on Saturday. I had concerns on whether the feathering issue was still on the 2004.5's, but I bought the car regardless.

I know alot of people buy new cars every so often, but I've gone through alot of adversity in my life where I'm very proud of myself to able buy a new car, let alone a Z. I lived in a single parent household and had been in poverty most of my life. The last few years all the kids were able to go to college, and the 2 oldest ones, with myself included, were able to graduate and get jobs. I've been jobless for the last year and finally was able to land a job as a unix admin 2 weeks ago.

I was able to buy the car for 500 over invoice, which was the best deal i could find here in california for a roadster. I didnt even have any money to put down for a down payment. But since I had a great credit history I was able to drive out with 100% financing with 3.99%APR. I had a couple issues already with the car. Firstly the dealer had dinged the passegner fender, which they said they would fix next weekend. As I was inspecting my car I notice the the trunk door wasnt a aligned properly, the left side is slightly higher than the other. I'll go mention that when I get the ding fix. Aside from that I really enjoyed the 200miles I put on it today. Any advice prepping the car before I put too many miles on it? Thx for your help
Congrats on the car!!!

I would reccomend RIGHT AWAY get a clear bra!!! it only took me 89 miles before i got a rock chip!!!!! UGGGGGGGGGGH!

Something about the design of the front clip plus the weak nissan paint makes the car a rock chip nightmare.

My car just passed 3000 miles today and even the clearbra has a few holes in it (must have been some severe impacts!)

I have the entire front clip cleared as well as the 12" strip on the hood and the fronts of the side mirrors...i would say do that asap!

You should also get a few layers of crystal guard or zaino on ur new car after the clear bra even though the car is brand new you wont believe the difference it makes!
Old 08-22-2004, 08:42 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice when all the hard work has a payoff, huh?

Congrats; welcome to the site & the World of Zzzzs.

Old 08-22-2004, 09:09 AM
cybercath

Congrats on your new Z! I'm sure you'll love it as much as the rest of us do!
Old 08-22-2004, 11:48 AM
roydiculous

I second the clear bra. I parallel park in Boston nightly and my front bumper is great (the clear bra will actually absorb the impact when someone backs into you at 1mph) but the back which is not clearbraed is a nightmare. I'm going to eventually get my back bumper repainted and then clearbraed ASAP.

Also, make sure you are running 35PSI to all your tires and check your oil consumption regularly (at every other fillup) before your 3,750 service.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:40 PM
infinitiboy
Banned

can you post a pic on how a car looks with the clear bra?
ive never seen them
are they visible up close?
Old 08-22-2004, 02:53 PM
rockinbboy

Default Re: Proud to own a Z

Originally posted by crazygideon

1st of all...congrants on gettin' a job.
2nd of all...congrats on gettin' a Z! You got an awesome deal with 100% financing at 3.995 APR.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:31 PM
crazygideon

Thanks everyone for all your kind words. A year ago I wouldve only been able to dream of a Z. I never realized how dirty these black cars can get even only after a day. What do u guys recommend cleaning/detainling my car with. Any specific products I should use or avoid?
Old 08-22-2004, 08:04 PM
roydiculous

A clear bra bu 3M is pretty much clear. You can't see it unless you are 3 feet from the car and it's a very fine line (where the clear bra ends).

Your BEST bet would be to go to a dealership that does clear bras and look at the clear bra on one of their cars in the showroom.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:00 AM
samw1978

congrats on the job and the car!
Old 08-23-2004, 10:30 AM
Benzo

Congrats on your new rider.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:03 PM
elyliu

i concur about the clear bra. I wished I got it right when I got my car...

And congrats about the Z... seems like me and you got the same deal. 3.99% full finance on a ZR
Old 08-24-2004, 11:58 AM
tractng

Crazy,

Good to hear somebody like you got a job and car. How is the IT market? I am in the IT field too (SoCal).

Tony
Old 08-24-2004, 07:22 PM
crazygideon

Originally posted by tractng
Crazy,

Good to hear somebody like you got a job and car. How is the IT market? I am in the IT field too (SoCal).

Tony
Its picking up a gradually. Try jobtrak.com. I have applied to over 200 jobs the last 7 months to the mainstream jobsearch engines and recieved 1 interview. I finally decide to apply through www.jobtrak.com per my friend's suggestion. I recieved 3 interviews for the 10 jobs I had applied to during those 2 weeks. I landed one in Pacific Palisades, right across the street from the beach. Its awesome, I get to cruise PCH every day. On my lunch breaks, I walk to the beach to chill and chick out the hot blondes.