Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

So much for no markups...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 10:56 AM
kevintari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So much for no markups...

Whatever happened to NNA discouraging dealer markups, or was that just a wishful rumor?

Stopped by the dealer in Van Nuys last night, they had a touring marked up $8,000 over sticker!!! Oh, but they gave you clear coat and wheel locks for that--what a bargain. It really pisses me off to see these guys blatantly trying to rip people off...is anyone really stupid enough to pay $41k for a $33k car?

Just had to rant...
Old 10-22-2002, 11:00 AM
natve4ply

Default hey go here

Dude if you want a Z at msrp then go to cerritos nissan, they get cancelations all the time. can't promise you that you will get the one that you want but they get them in quite often but seriouslt they don't mark up, if they try to say so then talk to dav there, he is the one that i got mine from and i ordered it like 2 weeks ago and now i have it 33 out the door. it never hurts to look around but to the best of my knowlege they are one of the few that stay ar msrp
Old 10-22-2002, 11:06 AM
kevintari

Default Re: hey go here

Originally posted by natve4ply
Dude if you want a Z at msrp then go to cerritos nissan, they get cancelations all the time. can't promise you that you will get the one that you want but they get them in quite often but seriouslt they don't mark up, if they try to say so then talk to dav there, he is the one that i got mine from and i ordered it like 2 weeks ago and now i have it 33 out the door. it never hurts to look around but to the best of my knowlege they are one of the few that stay ar msrp
I have a deposit there, but maybe I should talk to Dav (Dave? Which is it?)

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2002, 11:16 AM
natve4ply

its Dav. he is from india. but if you have a deposit there then you know that they don't like to mark up. he and i clicked really well and he was very giving as long as you show persistance in wanting your Z. he will sell a pre-order cancellation to the person who he thinks wants the car the most (according to how many people are on the list) But he passed a few poeple that he had deposits with cuz they didn't seem to want the car all that much. so as long as you keep him on his toes and not bother him but more like keep you informed then you might be able to get out of there with a new Z faster than you think. NO PROMISES!!! this is just from experience.. I can't say you will get the same deal. but it never hurts to try.