Sponsored by:

Drivers window creak - everytime over bumps

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 06:00 AM
mixedup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers window creak - everytime over bumps

didn't see much on a search for "window creak" -

everytime my car hits a bump in the road or goes over a lane reflective marker my drivers window (when up) gives a quick little creaking sound. Like the window itself is hitting the roof? Anyone else have this sound and have a fix - with the auto up function when the door shuts I was wondering if there is an "adjustment" the dealer can make as far as how high the window goes up?
Old 09-14-2004, 07:59 AM
jcurtis

I have a similar problem, but no solution. My driver side window starting creaking when hitting bumps or opening and closing the door sometimes. It started after I had the TSB done for the grease streaks. It's not real noticable. It just sounds cheap. I plan on having the service dept. check it out (inquire about adjusting, etc) the next time I take it in. BTW mine's an 03 Performance model
Old 09-14-2004, 10:01 AM
MRfire

I have a 03 performance as well with a creak. The noise in mine is coming from inside the door panel somewhere. You can here it when you close the door too. Sick of taking it in though so I'll live with it.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:07 PM
newmexicoZ33

....I get a creak too but only when the window is not all the way up. I also started noticing it after I had my window greas TSB serviced. I took it in and the service department said that they ordered a new window actuator for it which is supposed to have some improved design (something about some brackets) which they are hoping will fix it.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:39 AM
BluZee

Originally posted by newmexicoZ33
....I get a creak too but only when the window is not all the way up. I also started noticing it after I had my window greas TSB serviced. I took it in and the service department said that they ordered a new window actuator for it which is supposed to have some improved design (something about some brackets) which they are hoping will fix it.
There is a TSB about a "creaking" noise when the window is not all the way up. Mine does it but I only have the window all the way up or down when driving so no big deal.