Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Chicago Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003 | 04:30 PM
krinkov

Originally posted by SquadElite

285$ Installed for front bumper, which he says is the most popular one for 350Z's. He is certified at clear-bra.com for installation. I AM LAUGHING because you guys paid sooo freakin much 900$! Damn. Do your research!

Acctually, $285 is about average to do just the bumper on a 350Z, considering you are not also getting the hood, fenders, mirrors, and headlight kit installed. Also, keep in mind that when it comes to skilled labor, getting a cheaper price is completely relative, its not like going across town to get the same TV at a different store because it was a few bucks cheaper, read here about a clear bra install that ended in a $2K re-paint, but hey, dont stop laughing
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....480#post411480
Old 08-19-2003 | 05:08 PM
happypants

Originally posted by SquadElite
285$ Installed for front bumper, which he says is the most popular one for 350Z's. He is certified at clear-bra.com for installation. I AM LAUGHING because you guys paid sooo freakin much 900$! Damn. Do your research!
Let's be fair here. Take a look at the date when the other people had their work done. It was two months after the Z came out. Also, note that the guy who paid $900 had all the parts done, not just the bumper. And the X-Pel kit at the time was around $650 if you wanted to do it yourself.

I had my car done a couple months ago. After watching how the kit was installed, it does take some skill to do it correctly. The bumper is the hardest because the film has to be stretched. I didn't want to eat the cost of a botched install if I did it myself.

Last edited by happypants; 08-19-2003 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-19-2003 | 06:10 PM
Silverstone_350

I'm just curious what suburbs you guys are from? I'm from Milwaukee but I'm in Skokie, IL every other weekend visiting family (almost right on Oakton and Crawford) and I was wondering if that might be stretching these people's work zone limit?

Also, I've heard someone say that Xpel is not very good. For those of you that used the Xpel kit, how is it?

Sorry, one more question - none of you have any concerns with the clear bra? I haven't done much research on this yet, but wouldn't you get different color shades when you take it off? Or over time, wouldn't the bra become yellowish?

Old 08-19-2003 | 06:36 PM
happypants

Originally posted by Silverstone_350
I'm just curious what suburbs you guys are from? I'm from Milwaukee but I'm in Skokie, IL every other weekend visiting family (almost right on Oakton and Crawford) and I was wondering if that might be stretching these people's work zone limit?
The guy who installed my clear bra, Jim Stangohr, says he travels all across the area, he's gone as far south as Orland Park (sw suburbs). He should be able to go to you if you decide to have him do the work.

The other guy mentioned in this thread is in South Elgin, and I'd expect he'd be willing to travel to you.

If you have either guy do the work, make sure you have a garage in case it rains. I believe the bra can still be installed in the sun, you should check to make sure.

Sorry, one more question - none of you have any concerns with the clear bra? I haven't done much research on this yet, but wouldn't you get different color shades when you take it off? Or over time, wouldn't the bra become yellowish?
I was told that it isn't a problem on any color except white. On a white car the bra will have a slight yellowish tint.

There won't be a different shade because the bra is transparent. Take a look at my thread which shows what the front end of the car looks like with the bra installed. The kit is the XPel kit.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=28918