Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 12:21 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

coming soon! watch for our next newsletter. It'll have a mostly finalized agenda.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Destiny350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went autocrossing today(for the first time) and I think I'm addicted!!!!
Old 02-28-2005, 02:42 PM
bigdaddy

my thread from my visit to the dragon this past weekend...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....51#post1306251

sean
Old 03-01-2005, 06:46 AM
mcduck

Default Newsletter #3

February 28, 2005

ZDayZ continues to move closer and, as it does, we are working to ensure there is a wide range of activities to keep everyone busy! This week, a few reminders and our tentative ZDayZ Schedule!

Room Reservations!

If you have not done so yet, be sure to book your room or cabin soon! Fontana Village Resort has just over 100 rooms/cabins and our last update from them indicates about half of those are already booked! We plan to identify overflow sites if necessary, but believe me, you will want to be on-site at the heart of ZDayZ if at all possible. To book rooms, call Fontana Village Resort at 1-800-849-2258. Room/Cabin information can be found at www.fontanavillage.com.

Car Show Pre-Registration & T-Shirt Pre-Orders!

There has already been a good response to the pre-registration form placed on our website a few weeks ago. Please keep them coming. The more pre-registration forms we receive, the easier it is for us to plan and prepare for ZDayZ weekend. NOTE: Even if you are not planning to enter the car show, the pre-registration form is also used to pre-order your event t-shirts (guarantees specific sizes) and to pay for the Saturday night BBQ dinner ahead of time.

Further incentive to pre-register! Since pre-registration makes things easier on us, we wanted to say “thank you” somehow for those folks who are taking the time to pre-register. So, each person who submits a car show pre-registration is guaranteed to receive, as part of their registration pack, the ZDayZ keychain shown here. These will be limited. If we have extras available they will be available for sale at the event, but those who pre-register their car for the show will receive one absolutely free!

ZDayZ Schedule of Events (Tentative)

Though the information provided is tentative, we are confident the schedule shown is close to being official. There is a possibility of some rescheduling, but would most likely be limited to minor timing changes if anything. Watch our website, www.zdayzevents.com, for updates.

Because we have several items planned throughout the day on Saturday, we tried to leave most of Friday and Sunday open for driving. Activities noted with an * include prizes, giveaways, awards, or some combination of the three.

Sport Z Magazine Coverage!

For the second consecutive year, we are fortunate to have representatives of Sport Z Magazine on-site supporting and covering our event! Expect to see Bob Bell and Art Singer mingling with all the Z-enthusiasts to get inspiration for the next issue of Sport Z. Who knows… if you’re lucky, maybe your car will find its way into the magazine!

Featured Sponsor Club: Middle Tennessee Z Club

Nestled in the heart of Nashville, TN is a group of Z-lovers bordering on the fanatic. Each one loves their Z-car and the thrill of driving it. More importantly, this group just knows how to have fun. They are a great addition to any event, Z-related or not. Members can frequently be found hanging out at Crawford Z Car Service in Nashville. (I guess having the company owner as a MTZC member is a good thing!) Be sure to watch for their annual show coming up in April. This year Z-Attack 5 is being held April 15 & 16 and includes a Nissan Assembly Plant Tour, Chili Party, People’s Choice Car Show, and plenty of hi-jinx from the MTZC regulars. I attended this event last year and cannot begin to describe how much fun it was. If you have any questions about the club or Z-Attack 5, contact Randy Shemin or Doug Stewart through the MTZC website, www.middletennesseezclub.com.

Featured Sponsor: Sport Z Magazine

Not only is Sport Z covering ZDayZ… they are a returning sponsor! If you haven’t taken the time to pick up Sport Z Magazine, you should run to your local newsstand right now and buy an issue. Sport Z arrived on the scene toward the end of 2000 to cover the world of the Z-car… providing feature articles, how-to’s, news, and more. In the 4+ years since the magazine debuted, it has grown in popularity, expanded its coverage, and continues to provide quality articles Z-enthusiasts are eager to read. The current issue is a hefty 72-pages and now includes coverage of the Infiniti G35. Nationally distributed, you should be able to find a copy locally (if your newsstand is not sold out!). So grab one and find out the latest happenings in the Z-world. More news and fun can be found on their frequently updated website, www.sportzmagazine.com.

Featured Sponsor: GSC Motorsports

One of our new sponsors for this year, GSC Motorsports carries a wide range of performance parts, specializing in parts for the 350Z, Supra, and EVO. Located in Charleston, SC, the company was formed in 2002 by a group of enthusiasts who, like most of us, enjoy transforming their stock, some-what mundane sports cars into rolling mechanical marvels. Employees of GSC are frequently involved in sanctioned racing events and pass along their experience and knowledge to their customers. For more information on GSC and the products they carry, contact them at 1-866-548-4472, or visit their website, www.gscmotorsports.com.

More news in a few weeks!

Andy Morris
ZDayZ Organizer
info@zdayzevents.com
Old 03-01-2005, 08:04 AM
Destiny350Z

Hey McDuck,
About the per-registration form... do I need to fill one out for me and then fill one out for my mom? Or can we be on the same form? And the car show what class would I be in.. The only mods I'm going to make is a rear deck spoiler and splash guards and maybe new rims and tires.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:11 AM
mcduck

Car classes are defined on the form. Basically, 3 non-major mods or less and you are considered stock. It sounds like that is how you should enter. A major mod is something like a motor swap, addition of FI to non-FI car, a body kit that radically alters the car's appearance (ie more than a wing & a lip), etc.

Is your mom also entering a car? or is she just riding with you? If she's entering a car, she should fill out her own form. If she's riding with you, then you can add her dinner and any extra t-shirts on your pre-reg form.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:13 AM
mcduck

BTW, in case it is not clear, the special key chain is given to those who pre-register a car for the show.

Someone who pre-orders t-shirts or pre-pays for their BBQ dinner, but does not enter a car in the show does not get one.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Destiny350Z

Originally posted by mcduck
Car classes are defined on the form. Basically, 3 non-major mods or less and you are considered stock. It sounds like that is how you should enter. A major mod is something like a motor swap, addition of FI to non-FI car, a body kit that radically alters the car's appearance (ie more than a wing & a lip), etc.

Is your mom also entering a car? or is she just riding with you? If she's entering a car, she should fill out her own form. If she's riding with you, then you can add her dinner and any extra t-shirts on your pre-reg form.
Thanks McDuck, well looks like I'm entering stock class. My mom is just riding with me. I'm just entering the car show for the key chain!! Speaking of car show.. what kind of things do they look for?
Old 03-01-2005, 12:38 PM
mcduck

Our car show is People's Choice. So judging is whatever you look for! All car show entrants get a ballot sheet and vote for their favorite car in each class. Most votes gets the trophy in each class

Bribing and lobbying for votes is frowned upon. If we find someone doing this, they are removed from award contention.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Destiny350Z

You don't have to worry! .. no bribing or lobbying from me! I hate to beg!LOL
Old 03-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Bribing and lobbying for votes is frowned upon. If we find someone doing this, they are removed from award contention
DAMN! Note to self........must find new ploy to defend my title from last year.
Attached Thumbnails Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread-1st-place-5th-gen.-small-.jpg  
Old 03-01-2005, 05:46 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
One dallah.

Bob
Old 03-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Bob! Maybe we can wear our matching multicolored Nissan shirts this year!
Old 03-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Bonz, you don't have to bribe me, just detail the Lightning and I vote for you year after year.

Old 03-02-2005, 06:34 AM
KShep

Doc..I know you had a long drive to the event and there is no way your wheels stayed that clean after such a drive. I am assuming there is a facility with water so we can spruce up our cars a little prior to the show if we bring adequate cleaning supplies?
Old 03-02-2005, 06:44 AM
VandyZ

Yes there is a nice setup for washing cars . . . they provide water and towels . . .though I would not use their towels unless you want some swirls.

I think last year we were having to use some crazy soap too (if you did not bring your own).

If anyone would like I can see about sponsoring some buckets, soap, sponges / wash mitts, etc for this event by either the MTZC or Crawford Z Car. Andy, what do you think? Do you want me to take care of this for you?
Old 03-02-2005, 06:45 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Just wanted to add that I plan on going, if I haven't posted already.

And yes, I think I'll be getting one of those keychains!
Old 03-02-2005, 06:50 AM
mcduck

There is a common area with a faucet and hose where you can wash your car. Also, some cabins have outside faucets, but you'd probably need to bring your own hose.

I would like to note, though, one reason we elect to have a People's Choice show instead of a judged show at ZDayZ is because we know folks will be driving their cars a lot over the weekend and may not have time to detail them for the show.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:16 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Hey Bob! Maybe we can wear our matching multicolored Nissan shirts this year!
Marlene has one from Courtesy Parts as well. We'll be seen as the three dorks.

Oh my!

Bob
Old 03-02-2005, 07:31 AM
mcduck

I was told last year that those shirts are fashionable, not loud or garrish. Maybe we should have an outrageous shirt event one night....

Quick Reply: Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread