Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Had the Dealer adjust the idle speed . . . car is so much better now!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 06:55 PM
DBZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Had the Dealer adjust the idle speed . . . car is so much better now!

Ok, so dropped the Z off at the dealer this morning to have the loose dead pedal replaced and in the process mentioned to the service advisor that my idle seemed rough and that in neutral the idle speed seemed pretty low. I am guesstimating around 300-400 rpm. I always had trouble with launching the vehicle properly and the 1st and 2nd engagement never smooth. I always felt like I was over-feathering the clutch and throttle and would eventually lead to premature clutch wear. Well, the dealer adjusted the throttle and now in neutral it idles at about 700-800 rpm.

What a world of difference this makes! The car is sooo easy to shift smoothly without over working the clutch and launches are faster and smoother as well. The idle is slight smoother as well. This makes driving this vehicle so much easier. I've always had manual tranny vehicles where if you slowly release the clutch on a level road then the vehicle would start to creep forward without throttle input. Prior to this adjustment, if I tried this the vehicle would simply stall out. Has anyone else experienced this and had the dealer do the adjustments?