Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

For all those that (really do) hate the 370z....

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 05:00 PM
matthew122

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Janet Reno is hotter than the 370z.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:11 PM
OldDirty Z33

Originally Posted by Greg06

Love how This picture is basically a perfect picture of the 370z and it came out such a long time ago. How many people denied that wasn't it.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:31 AM
Shadrackc

Don't like the sharp upturn on the windows.
Don't like the rear window which leads to a hatch that seems too long and too high from a side view.
Don't like the "teeth" in the front.
Other than that, I don't mind it.
350Z seems curvier. Smoother almost.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:58 PM
jerry_2612

Originally Posted by streetracer
I give kudos to Nissan to come up with a mechanically oriented lighter car instead of focusing on electronic nannies that spoil the drive and weight. Everything on the car is better than the 350z. I have no doubt it will badly outrun an stock Evo X even from a dig. Is it ugly, yes, but its bueauty lies in its purpose.
...and the revmatch feature is..?
Old 12-21-2008, 01:28 AM
boulderZ

Question

I remember seeing a while back a thread about the 350z's designer being an Indian guy. Anybody know if he had a part in the new design or was he left out?
Old 12-21-2008, 02:11 AM
Armando

I saw it in person and I didn't like it. But thats just me. I am impressed with the performance part of the car though.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:10 AM
Datona Jess

I agree with the statr of this post.
This is supposed to be for enthusiasts.
Not for people jealous that there old Z's are just that much slower and older now.

Live with it thats the evolution of cars...
Have seen a few and in person I think its a gorgeous car.
Also the drive is VERY different now you can tell it is a more refined car the second you start rolling down the road...

I love haters when they have not seen the car in real life, OR God forbid ever DROVE the damn car...

Just shows how pointless there posts are...
Let them keep making @sses of themselves in my opinion...
Old 12-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Shadrackc

That is a big presumption, that people are jealous that their "old" Z's as you put it, are slower and older now.
Should we presume that all G owners are jealous of Z's because we are actually sports cars with 2 seats and not as heavy as G's?
I don't think many people with "older" Z's as you put it, are that put out. With what I have done to mine, I have already surpassed most of what the 370 brings to the table, suspension, exhaust, etc. And by adding a simple part from COBB, the 26 horsepower that the 370 brings is also not that big a deal.
I just don't like how it looks as much. Same as when I was shopping I could have gotten a G37. Didn't like how it looked.
So you took one for a test drive did you? You say you have seen a few, and then go on to talk about how it drives. Funny how you wouldn't state up front that you have driven one and love it.
I love people who presume that the reason we don't like something is because we are jealous. I don't like the Prowler. Guarantee that I'm not jealous.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:18 PM
jerry_2612

Yes Datona Jess.. EVERYONE who doesn't like the new car is jealous what ever helps you sleep at night

If you had a 7 year old child and your new neighbours had a 5 year old child who looked funny and was skinnier and could run faster than yours, would you be jealous?
Old 12-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Datona Jess

No place in my previous post did I say that EVERYONE was under that umbrella, just some of the people that I know that have the older DE motors.

Many of them are trading in the "old girl" for something new is all.

I just know for a fact that jealousy is sometimes pertinent in these threads especially as stated above, they have not seen one in person, sat in and gotten the feel. Let alone driven one to feel the refinement, torque, and the weird but fun rev matching system.

Most people are quick to judge before they have all the facts.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:59 PM
zed-er

While it's true that a forum is for the constructive debate of the particular forum's topic, for some reason, this forum is different. Maybe it's the level of maturity of some posters. I don't know.

I've said before how childish it is that so many threads devolve into name calling and single word posts like "FAIL." All in all, it makes for a rather painful process of debate. Anyone who can endure the infantile name calling and mudslinging on this forum without joining in, is a TRUE diehard Z fan and should be commended.

It may also be the self-importance some feel on this forum. At the Chiatt/Day launch event in L.A., I overheard several loud statements along the lines of, "I wish Nissan had talked to ME before they designed those headlights and taillights!"

As if.

There was one guy at the same event running around screaming that the plate in the door jamb said the car weighted 3900 pounds! Myself and another guy recommended he just chill, since the plate clearly said GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT 3900 lbs. After we calmly explained to this Mensa member the meaning of gross vehicle weight, the dude just shrugged and walked off. I'm not sure if he fully believed us. So what.

Piling on seems to be the name of the game around here and I've posted my objection to the practice.

It's almost as if many on this forum suffer from what can only be called SGTR Syndrome, which stands for Smartest Guy In The Room. So many posters just want to be the first to post some ridiculous factoid or link that they neglect to see the same link posted three threads above theirs. They want everybody to think their "contribution" is so much more clever than everyone else's.

It all just gets dumber and dumberer.

It's funny, since Trebien and I kinda duked it out about strong "370Z hate" posts, that now we're both going to end up in the same "new" car - a 2 year old Cayman S. LOL

I liked the 350Z, but now feel it looks a little bit dated next to the 370Z. Not bad, just dated. I really like the 370Z, too. A lot! I think it's a whole lotta car for the dough. I think it looks great and will probably run like stink and Nissan will sell every last one of them.

Unfortunately, just not to me. Apparently, not to Trebien either.

I haven't been lurking since I decided to go Cayman S. One quick look around here tonight reminds me of just how tiresome "debate" on this forum can be. Maybe the moderators can help get rid of the attitude on this forum. Or Maybe they like it that way.

Either way, the 370Z is a fine evolution of the Z platform, even if some on this forum perceive it to be full of warts. I wouldn't doubt that the 370Z will stick right with the Cayman at half the price. Not too shabby.

zed-er
Old 12-21-2008, 10:37 PM
jerry_2612

Well said Zed-er, I love the interior of the 370 and really appreciate the extra boot room with the relocation of the strut bar, the performance is great with good economy too and of course shorter wheel base. We're not all full of negatives.

But I still can't get the styling... either or it has it's lovers and haters and a forum is a discussion like you said... it would be boring if it was all one-sided. Sure some say the whole "370 is ugly" thing gets old but I guess it'll just die out like the hood hump thing did anyway.

I agree Fail pictures (and conversly 'win' pictures) are meaningless... if you have something to say.. back it up all opinions are respected.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:19 AM
Datona Jess

Nicely said Zed-er.
Sorry to hear you go to the Krauts... :-)
Old 12-22-2008, 04:46 AM
newtkindred

I agree "Zed-er". I myself am very excited about the 370Z but kind of gave up posting here because of some of the attitudes on this forum. Something about the new Z has brought out the worst in some posters. I even have went so far to migrate to another site that is exclusively for the 370Z that seems more productive. I can see how this forum will lose visitors to other 370Z specific sites. I think the moderators should consider cleaning things up a little. So often it seems someone takes their personal "opinion" about the Z as "fact" and want to get into a battle of it. They can't seem to understand it is just their opinion. Oh, good choice in a new car. I have always respected what Porsche does with their cars.

Last edited by newtkindred; 12-22-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:43 AM
RBA-350Z

I don’t spend a lot of time on this forum and part of the reason is, frankly, some of the infantile “debating” (or at least what passes for debate) here (although to be fair, this isn't the only forum that has this kind of problem).

I head some of the same tired arguments when the 350 came out – there are a significant number of “Z” folks out there that think “their” generation of “Z” is the only “real Z” or the “best Z”….sometimes I think that everybody just needs to get a grip…if nothing else, at least be glad that Nissan is still around and still building a great sports car.

For those that hate the 370, think it ugly, think that it hasn’t’ lost enough weight or added enough HP or don’t like the headlights and/or tail lights or FILL IN THE BLANK; feel free not to buy one!

If you really hate the new Z that much then keep in mind that there is a new Camaro coming out (if GM get’s enough of our tax dollars to stay in business) so perhaps you should check one out – I loved my 2000 Z2/8, even with the crappy seat leather, crappy carpet, body flex, rattles, ill-fitting cheep plastic parts, and crappy weak electrical system.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:01 PM
scrapser

I like what zed-er wrote. It encapsulates the bulk of what goes on between posters and what motivates them to a large degree. For myself, if my posts get sharp tongued, it's mainly my frustration and disappointment over what the 370 turned out to look like being expressed. I'm not married to my 350 and certainly not jealous over the 370. It just irks me that I have to wait for Nissan to "try again" in a few more years and hopefully produce something that hits me like the 350 did.

The 350 was and is a good design visually. Some feel it looks dated but if it does, it has a lot of good company in terms of legendary cars. I was hoping Nissan would take the 350 design and make it even more impressive by enhancing an already strong and aggressive stance. But instead they decided to do a blend with the 240 influence and throw in some new stuff for good measure. To me, the result is just plain weird...that's all. This is most easily seen in how the car looks good from some angles and ill-proportioned from others (side profile being the worst). It would be interesting to know what their intent and strategy actually was in releasing the design we now see.

A good analogy of all this is when a sequel is made to a really good movie. The company attempts to bring to the screen the same excitement and wow factor the first movie delivered while at the same time trying be original. The Matrix and its sequels is a good example...another is Highlander or even Star Wars. In each case, the sequels were never on par with the originals no matter how much they tried. The sequels may have their outstanding moments but as a whole they never live up to the original. This is how I'm experiencing the 370's appearance. On the whole, it just doesn't do it for me.

Again...this is my view only.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:51 PM
streetracer

Originally Posted by scrapser
I have nothing against the performance improvements save the weight. From what I've read on various threads, the weight reduction is negligible and outright gone if you load up with all the goodies. So what did Nissan really accomplish with all the redesign? It's a shame the good looking car has a so-so interior while the not so good looking car has the improvements.
remember that with all newer crash standards, even to stay even on weight is an accomplishment. the evo alone gained 300lbs. I am positive that if they could have done something to avoid that, they would have. specially considering the Mitsubishi economical situation. If the Z lost even 20 lbs, thats a lot.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:54 PM
streetracer

Originally Posted by jerry_2612
...and the revmatch feature is..?
true. but that may be a good nannie in my book since its main purpose is for driving faster. i was more referring to electronic seats, heated stuff, bluetooth crap, etc...
Old 12-25-2008, 05:15 PM
JJ350

Originally Posted by Greg06
You won a brand new car!!

You wanna keep it? Or trade it for whats in my pocket?
x10 @ that pic
Old 12-25-2008, 07:18 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by scrapser
I like what zed-er wrote. It encapsulates the bulk of what goes on between posters and what motivates them to a large degree. For myself, if my posts get sharp tongued, it's mainly my frustration and disappointment over what the 370 turned out to look like being expressed. I'm not married to my 350 and certainly not jealous over the 370. It just irks me that I have to wait for Nissan to "try again" in a few more years and hopefully produce something that hits me like the 350 did.

The 350 was and is a good design visually. Some feel it looks dated but if it does, it has a lot of good company in terms of legendary cars. I was hoping Nissan would take the 350 design and make it even more impressive by enhancing an already strong and aggressive stance. But instead they decided to do a blend with the 240 influence and throw in some new stuff for good measure. To me, the result is just plain weird...that's all. This is most easily seen in how the car looks good from some angles and ill-proportioned from others (side profile being the worst). It would be interesting to know what their intent and strategy actually was in releasing the design we now see.

A good analogy of all this is when a sequel is made to a really good movie. The company attempts to bring to the screen the same excitement and wow factor the first movie delivered while at the same time trying be original. The Matrix and its sequels is a good example...another is Highlander or even Star Wars. In each case, the sequels were never on par with the originals no matter how much they tried. The sequels may have their outstanding moments but as a whole they never live up to the original. This is how I'm experiencing the 370's appearance. On the whole, it just doesn't do it for me.

Again...this is my view only.
The Godfather II was better than the original....so was The Bride of Frankenstein. It can be done.....Nissan just failed to do it.

Quick Reply: For all those that (really do) hate the 370z....