Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Invoice Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 07:32 PM
350GT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invoice Pricing?

Anyone?
Old 01-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Zero

Guessing, it would be about $3K to $4K below the MSRP.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:39 PM
SergEK

I will try to find out when I go back into work (Autonation) I am going to take a look at some employee pricing on a few models I am considering and the Z is at the top of the list

Although BMW is offering 509mo nationally for their M Coupe (lease program) so I would be kinda interested in what employee pricing would be....

Depending on what nissan is offering it will make my decision a little harder but the new VQ is larger and makes more torque and peak power is at 7000rpm vs 7900rpm on the M....

Generally 5-6% back of MSRP is a good range...some OEMs have a little more room but given the demand I think if you can pick one up for 5% off of MSRP....you may even just hit a few desperate Nissan stores that will deal back of invoice given the weather in some states....

Time will tell
Old 01-04-2009, 08:52 PM
PA 19103

I'd like to think with the way the economy is, dealers would be more willing to work with you just so you will buy their cars.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:55 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm seeing that there are dealers that are giving good deals. Some are evening selling @ MSRP. A few people posted on www.the370z.com that they were seeing MSRP or at the most 3k over. There were some dealers in Cali that were trying to sell fully loaded ones for like $53K though....
Old 01-04-2009, 09:16 PM
LynxFX

Originally Posted by SlideFox
There were some dealers in Cali that were trying to sell fully loaded ones for like $53K though....
I went to a Cali dealer today that ended up ripping their $12k 'dealer markup' tag off the window. Guess they had one too many people laugh at them. Visited 3 dealers total today and all were back at MSRP as a starting point. At least one guy bought his under MSRP.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:19 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

^^hahaha... I do remember reading that.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:37 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by PA 19103
I'd like to think with the way the economy is, dealers would be more willing to work with you just so you will buy their cars.
This is probably the only Z's that will even sell above MSRP so they have to try.....when I worked for Honda back in 99 we sold our first S2000 at 15K over sticker....then 10K then 5K...about 3 months later they were pretty much MSRP...then less than that

So the new Z will be the same only the economy is so rough people wont be willing to shell out so much cash above and beyond knowing the demand isnt near as strong for a "sports car" aka weekend/no kids car....I know people daily drive them like myself but many people who buy in this segment buy it as a second car or weekend toy

People are cutting back and dealers will soon realize as good as the Z is the stock market is still recording one of the worst years ever and unemployment is rising....not exactly a time for "extras" like toys

Better for us buyers, obviously abysmal for dealerships which are closing and laying off people weekly (including the one I work at)

Banks are still being hardheaded and the tiers are set too high in my opinion....but they are trying to protect themselves...so even if dealerships discount the crap out of the car the rate may kill ALOT of deals....

Hopefully you all have good scores and can take advantage of some really good rates....lets hope the banks lower the tiers so nissan can sell these things and work on the 400Z

BACK ON TOPIC

The dealership should show you invoice --- ask them for an invoice + fees deal --- if they decline, just give them your number and youll probably get a call a day or two...maybe even a week later....but in a short time...probably by the end of the month....youll most likely get a call and own a new Z.... a deal on the books is better than no deal at all

Just remain calm and let them call you when they are ready. If you have to give them contact info you can always create a yahoo account specifically for car shopping to avoid spam in your personal box....

Last edited by SergEK; 01-04-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Carlitos_G37

Just found this on the Carmax New car section of their website. Did a screen shot because I don't think this car will last long at this price. If Carmax can sell for below invoice then there must be some manufacturers incentives out there to do so. All dealers should be able to do the same.

'Los
Attached Thumbnails Invoice Pricing?-carmax-370z.jpg  
Old 01-05-2009, 08:35 AM
35Z

Default 370Z Price

Autoway Nissan of Brandon (Florida) added $2995 to MSRP for a Base with 6spd manual or with 7spd auto transmission. Ouch! This dealership olny had three 370Z's on the lot as of Sunday.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Greg06

Originally Posted by PA 19103
I wouldn't count on that.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:41 AM
KiddZ

Just went to the Reno dealership and they added $4995 to MSRP, they just got it in and were not concerned about selling it at this time, they did offer to sell me an 08 Nismo at invoice, I just laughed as they have been trying to sell it for 14 months
Old 01-05-2009, 12:00 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

M&M Peanuts?

Anyone?
Old 01-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Z053

Originally Posted by davidv

M&M Peanuts?

Anyone?
Those are the only nuts that go in my mouth, well except that one time in college.

I tried almonds.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:57 PM
dje7878

anybody have any idea what the lowest rate nissan finance is offering for the 370, assuming you have very good credit?
Old 01-05-2009, 01:50 PM
TX-350Z-TX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dje7878
anybody have any idea what the lowest rate nissan finance is offering for the 370, assuming you have very good credit?

you will be better off getting your own financing through your credit union. just don't tell the dealer you have your own financing untill you have locked in a price. at that point tell the finance manager that you have your own financing, but would not mind letting them try to beat the rate that you have........
Old 01-05-2009, 02:26 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SergEK
This is probably the only Z's that will even sell above MSRP so they have to try.....
Incorrect. The early Z33s had mark-ups on them, as did the ZR for the first few months they were on the dealer lots. I bought our ZR from a friend - he was the original owner. It had an $8k mark-up on it. It was the only one at the dealership. They used to have them on display with ropes around them like they do now with the GT-Rs, and no test-drives were allowed. I bought a new 04' Maxima (and subsequently returned it - long story), and even it had a $3k mark-up on it (originally).
Old 01-05-2009, 02:27 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TX-350Z-TX
you will be better off getting your own financing through your credit union. just don't tell the dealer you have your own financing untill you have locked in a price. at that point tell the finance manager that you have your own financing, but would not mind letting them try to beat the rate that you have........
They can use the CUDL program to get you approved through your credit union, and see the rates. This can be done on weekends, and all the actual paperwork done the following work day.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:51 PM
in.the.dark

Arrow To answer your question...

This is what I bought: Touring, Sport, Manual, Mats

MSRP: $38,365
Paid Invoice: $35,370

Difference: 8.4%

And to whomever asked about Nissan financing: 5.89% for credit over 700.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:13 PM
tolnep

folks may not realize that we are in the worst economic times since the great depression...

there MIGHT be a few folks with money burning holes in their pockets and have money to throw away that might buy one of these at MSRP+x but there aint many..

cars have been on the lots what? a week? and that was over the holidays.. so sure dealers are gonna throw the big one out there and hope something big bites. and there may be a few who do . a very few.. meanwhile the cars get some attention in the dealership, generates more traffic than might otherwise happen.. so its ok..

but i cant see how these things wont be available at less than msrp.. approaching invoice i'm thinking in a month or few..

and one other thing.. for those that dont like it.. coming from not having a z since the 240z and therefore not comparing it to anything recent, and comparing it to a vette for instance.. i like it. i like the way it looks at least as much as a vette.. i like the interior a lot more.. so they may have hit their mark with a different set of customers.. by making it a bit smaller/wider and pushing it over 300hp.. if it had 2 turbos and vette-like hp and cost the same as a vette.. it would be no contest at all....

i was gonna buy a vette this spring.. now i MIGHT buy a 370z instead, because i figure i can get enough of what i want at around 10k less than a vette (even the discounted ones)... i sure aint gonna pay msrp or msrp+.. ill just wait longer and buy something else (as a toy, not a necessity..)..

mark my words, the market for these things is thin as toilet paper.. most everyone is sitting on their hands... waiting... waiting... waiting...

Quick Reply: Invoice Pricing?