Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

370z..SYSTEMFORGED

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 10:45 AM
SYSTEM FORGED
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats cool , i understand what your saying.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:24 PM
bruddahmatt

Originally Posted by Jun
A company offering at below cost on sponsorship is a better incentive to the owner of the car being sponsored

I'm just saying, if a sponsor is selling at cost, then it's not losing money. Yeah, they are losing money in the sense of opportunity cost, where they could've have sold the rims to someone else ABOVE the cost, but the sponsored car is basically a rolling advertisement for the company, and the sponsor asking to use their car on the ads, etc.

Don't get me wrong, some people are fine with getting things at cost and that's a nice deal, but if the sponsor is getting some benefit in return (exposure by advertisements, etc), I would think at least they could offer a small discount on the wheels to improve the deal.

I guess it all really depends on the conditions of the sponsorship, they mention ads/websites/"etc", whatever etc might mean.

Just my $0.02
As much as you may come off as a cheap a*s for trying to squeeze a few more dollars out of this so called arrangement, I have to agree with you. If anything the owner of the car is doing more for the company than the company is doing for the owner.

Sure the owner gets a set of wheels at cost. And yes they get some publicity. But most people will look at the ad and see the car as a "stock 370Z with wheels" meaning that anyone with the same color car can say "that was my car".

In return the company is getting valuable clearance and stance information that will be relevant and applied to ALL 370Zs fitted with SF wheels in the future. Hooking up someone who is willing to supply you with a car for measurement purposes will end up paying for itself in the end.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:04 PM
SYSTEM FORGED
Banned

We understand , 1) we arent asking for a 370z for measurements / fitment purposes , We are a manufacture , and we carry all the measurements already. 2) We wanted to give the new customers who come aboard to help us with photoshoots , and give them at cost , not try to make a few bucks..