Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

370Z Roadster and 370Z Nismo (350hp)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 01:50 PM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nexx
d00d, havent you heard the news? .... HR is faster.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:58 PM
StoneZtech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car is nice, but remember the 350z NISMO is still true Super GT model.

That 370z NISMO is not, the 350 NISMO RS and Super GT 350z NISMO that $285,000 ver. I would keep my 350z NISMO.

The 350z NISMO has that nice track setup look and that is what I want. the 370z NISMO looks like they killed all the Air management of the car for all the cry baby's out there who new nothing about why they made the NISMO 350z body the way they did for high speed grip at the track.

Sorry but I would not trade my 350Z NISMO for NISMO 370z.

If I want a sexy sports car I would by a G37. REMEMBER THE NISMO 350z has SAME BODY HAS 380RS just Diffrent Eng setup!

The 380RS can be visualized as something extraordinary by its redesigned exterior including the front bumper, side sill protectors, rear bumper, and rear spoiler. Function definitely overpowers form in this case, as the aerodynamics were taken into account by acquiring data from the 2006 Tokachi 24 hour endurance race and using super computers for factual simulation. The end result was a creation that attributed superior minus-lift characteristics.

Normally when any moving vehicle is cruising at highway speeds, dynamic force is applied to the vehicle where it attempts to lift the nose off the ground. The Fairlady Z was designed with zero lift however, the 380RS was taken further by actually creating minus lift (downforce). This benefits a more stable ride during any form of driving whether cruising or high speed. Improved cornering characteristics combined with excellent tire grip and great steering response, an overall improved stability and reduced roll and pitch can be experienced.

Not only does the extended 90mm front nose fascia create tremendous downforce of the machine, but like the Super GT vehicles, the incoming air is directed to the front wheel wells of the chassis. The front underspoiler effectively sends the air to the rear diffuser, and along with the dual deck rear spoiler, vehicle lift is kept at a minus level. The side sill protector enhances the sleek exterior qualities of the Fairlady Z while smoothing the air flow in the area between the front and rear wheels. The large diameter, all stainless steel muffler setup amongst other parts were designed to freely counterpart with the entire vehicle, to maintain the racing sensation in its finest form.

http://www.nihoncar.com/review-464-X.html <<<< NISMO FairLadyz

http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/c...0RS/index.html

http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/c...80RS/aero.html

http://jdmasia.wordpress.com/2008/03...-while-its-hot

Last edited by StoneZtech; 04-09-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Ven

lol @ StoneZTech. Leading the parade of the faitfhul HR owners with his many Nismo 350 pictures.......

So are you trying to tell us that ONLY the Nismo 350 has aero mods that are beneficial on the track? Are you trying to tell us that nothing done to the body of the Nismo 370 is functional? Even after Nissan said all the body mods were wind tunnel tested?

You talk about the Nismo 350 having an extended nose and all the benefits it has but it seems you forget that the Nismo 370 also has an extended nose, it actually extends the car 7 inches.

The fact is, with the Nismo 370 Nissan and Autarch were able to add in all these necessariy design changes without making it look tacky or tacked-on like the Nismo 350. Even the designer of the 370 said that he was able to draw what would work with the design he and the engineers were able to get what they wanted from the design.

Just because the Nismo has tacked on body parts that obviously don't fit the 350z design (that rear bumper is hideous) doesn't make it anymore functional than the Nismo 370. Unless you're calling BS on all the Nissan/Autarch engineers that stand behind the Nismo 370.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:49 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

I am pretty sure the 350z nismo rear bumper is a bit more functional than the 370z nismo rear bumper. Other than that the rest of the kit is the same or similar. The GT series cars look like that for a reason and they work well. There isn't much for downforce in the rear of the 370z except the spoiler.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Ven

Well by all means, please don't keep us in the dark. Can you show us your wind tunnel tests for both models? Otherwise I'm just seeing a whole lot of wind. Thank you.

Last edited by Ven; 04-09-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:10 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Where's yours for the 370z? Because I know of the 350z one if anyone just wants to search back can see it.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Ven

Oh, so you mean you don't have any wind tunnel tests? Oh ok, it was just the wind then....
Old 04-09-2009, 05:21 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

I asked you where is your wind tunnel test info for the 370z nismo? Because there is some already out for the 350z. I don't see how the tail of the 370z nismo does anything for downforce.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Ven

So basically you have no wind tunnel comparisons to back up your claims and you come back with "Where are yours?" Riight..

As the Edmunds article points when when talking to Nissan and the designer of hte 370z, all parts have been wind tunnel tested and they were able to intergrate it more with the design of the car instead of tacking it on. It also helps that the Nismo 370z and regular 370z have close debuts unlike the Z33 being out a few years before Nismo added their touch on it.

Take a look at the rear bumper of the Nismo 370z. Specifically the center portion. That sure looks like a rear diffuser setup to me but looks intergrated with the car. Just because it doesn't have some god-awful looking diffuser attachment protruding from the car like it does on the Nismo 350z doesn't mean it's not functional. There are plenty of other sport cars out there that make use of rear diffusers without them protruding out like the Nismo 350z's.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:52 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Again, THERE IS WIND TUNNEL TESTS as I am not going to search for it on this forum as it has been tested. 90lb~ of downforce at 80 mph is all I remember.

I am asking you WHAT THE 370Z NISMO tests are as you said there was some? Where are they?! You are the one that mentioned the wind tunnel. So again I am asking you for the facts to place them down. Where are they?

If they were able to make it as effective as the GT series look the 350z NISMO has, then why haven't all the GT series cars switched to that look instead? At a engineering standpoint of looking at both cars, the 370z does not have the same downforce as the 350z nismo does due to the rear bumper design was more blended in with less design cues that can cause downforce on it.

Until you show me some data that shows the 370z nismo has more downforce or the same as the 350z nismo I suggest be quiet. Because that rear bumper design does not have downforce in it period.

And I am done with someone who can't provide us the data with only 60 posts. lol

Originally Posted by Ven
So basically you have no wind tunnel comparisons to back up your claims and you come back with "Where are yours?" Riight..

As the Edmunds article points when when talking to Nissan and the designer of hte 370z, all parts have been wind tunnel tested and they were able to intergrate it more with the design of the car instead of tacking it on. It also helps that the Nismo 370z and regular 370z have close debuts unlike the Z33 being out a few years before Nismo added their touch on it.

Take a look at the rear bumper of the Nismo 370z. Specifically the center portion. That sure looks like a rear diffuser setup to me but looks intergrated with the car. Just because it doesn't have some god-awful looking diffuser attachment protruding from the car like it does on the Nismo 350z doesn't mean it's not functional. There are plenty of other sport cars out there that make use of rear diffusers without them protruding out like the Nismo 350z's.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 04-09-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:06 PM
zdotcom

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Again, THERE IS WIND TUNNEL TESTS as I am not going to search for it on this forum as it has been tested. 90lb~ of downforce at 80 mph is all I remember.

I am asking you WHAT THE 370Z NISMO tests are as you said there was some? Where are they?! You are the one that mentioned the wind tunnel. So again I am asking you for the facts to place them down. Where are they?

If they were able to make it as effective as the GT series look the 350z NISMO has, then why haven't all the GT series cars switched to that look instead? At a engineering standpoint of looking at both cars, the 370z does not have the same downforce as the 350z nismo does due to the rear bumper design was more blended in with less design cues that can cause downforce on it.

Until you show me some data that shows the 370z nismo has more downforce or the same as the 350z nismo I suggest stfu. Because that rear bumper design does not have downforce in it period.

And I am done with someone who can't provide us the data with only 60 posts. lol
Is this the kind of welcome attendees of ZCON 09 are going to look forward to? Might want to rethink your debating methods before everyone in the free world sees it and decides they do not want to drive all the way to San Antonio for this type of treatment.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by zdotcom
Is this the kind of welcome attendees of ZCON 09 are going to look forward to? Might want to rethink your debating methods before everyone in the free world sees it and decides they do not want to drive all the way to San Antonio for this type of treatment.

Wow you really need to be quiet. He isn't doing a thing wrong.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:30 PM
zdotcom

Originally Posted by Carbon-Z
Seriously? Not sure it is cool to use language like that when you represent the club that is hosting the National Z Convention this year. Not sure his fellow club members would like it. With the enormous amount of planning and work that goes into one of these events, I'm just not sure telling someone to STFU (we all know what it stand for) is good policy when trying to attact attendees to your event.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Wukillabeez78

Originally Posted by Carbon-Z

You be quiet nuthugger. He is claiming numbers for the 350Z Nismo but not providing a link or some other kind of proof of them other than his words. I've said it a thousand times, too many kids up here voicing their personal opinion and trying to pass it off as knowledge. If you are going to take the time to post something as fact then provide proof in the form of a link. Otherwise be prepared for what you say to be dismissed because it's irrelevant without proof.

370Z Nismo looks ok but I prefer the regular 370Z coupe. On the 350Z Nismo you couldn't get it with the navigation (it was DVD-based back then) and I bet the same will be true for the 370Z Nismo as well (no nav). I'd rather get a 370Z with Touring/Sport and the Navigation instead of the Nismo with the added horsepower and aero add-ons (I'd never track the car). I also like the way the 370Z looks better than the Nismo, the fangs make it look more aggressive and work well with the headlights.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:45 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Really? Because I asked how Vel knew it was the same downforce or as good as the 350z NISMO because he acts like he has data that backs it up and I have asked him several times for it. I know there was data posted here a long time ago when the NISMO 350Z came out. I can't locate it right now but it is here and has been actually tested with numbers.

Like I said, I am asking Vel to provide this info and instead he is trying to twist it around asking us to provide it when I asked him first.

Wu needs to not be calling people names either. And zdotcom, you know where the PM is if you have a issue.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 04-09-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Wukillabeez78

Really? Because I asked how Vel knew it was the same downforce or as good as the 350z NISMO because he acts like he has data that backs it up and I have asked him several times for it. I know there was data posted here a long time ago when the NISMO 350Z came out. I can't locate it right now but it is here and has been actually tested with numbers.

Like I said, I am asking Vel to provide this info and instead he is trying to twist it around asking us to provide it when I asked him first.

Wu needs to not be calling people names either. And zdotcom, you know where the PM is if you have a issue.

If you can't find the info for the 350Z you shouldn't even say it exists because it might as well not. I'm a realist buddy, a former LEO who exists in the world of fact. I witness too many people making statements that they can't back up. This forum gets a big L and if I were a mod (they don't seem to do anything up here) it'd be much better organized and policed (no pun intended)
Old 04-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Stefon

It locked in my mind I getting that, omg its SWEET!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Wukillabeez78
If you can't find the info for the 350Z you shouldn't even say it exists because it might as well not. I'm a realist buddy, a former LEO who exists in the world of fact. I witness too many people making statements that they can't back up. This forum gets a big L and if I were a mod (they don't seem to do anything up here) it'd be much better organized and policed (no pun intended)
It was posted here before your time. You won't remember because you weren't here.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Wukillabeez78

It was posted here before your time. You won't remember because you weren't here.
I've been around a lot longer than you realize friend. I've been frequenting the site (under this alias anyway) more now because I'm actually motivated to get a Z-car now.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Ven

Until you show me some data that shows the 370z nismo has more downforce or the same as the 350z nismo I suggest be quiet. Because that rear bumper design does not have downforce in it period.

ROFL. Solo-350z, you come to post the foolishness that I know you're well and capable of. Again, you've already proved this in other threads where you nuthug the 350z so it's really nothing but a same song different tune.

You and your friend were posting how the Nismo 370z lacks the functionality that the Nismo 350z. When called out on the BS and asking to post data for BOTH, you come with NOTHING except "No, YOU post the data". Are you serious? You guys are the one who made the initial statement, so why in the world should I come with the proof?

All you yourself have said is "Well this car doesn't have a rear diffuser protruding out the back like my car so it obviously doesn't produce as much downforce as my car". You fail to realize that the Nismo 370z has its own diffuser that's INTEGRATED into the car's own design. This was possible because the Nismo came out so close to the base car's release, the designer was able to intergrate it into the car's original design. The designer himself stated that in the article if you read it. Yet all you do is push fuel through your mouth about "Nothing on that Nismo 370z rear except the spoiler is creating any downforce" . So like I said, if you want to be taken seriously and not be dimissed with the rest of the BS, you will post wind tunnel data on BOTH cars showing their comparitve downforce/drag at said speeds.

But go on, continue your HR/Nismo 350z nut hugging. All your "stfu's" and post count will not prove your point any further.

Last edited by Ven; 04-09-2009 at 10:31 PM.

Quick Reply: 370Z Roadster and 370Z Nismo (350hp)