2009+ Nissan GT-R Nissan R35 GT-R Discussion

Cobb R35 GTR - Modified Tuner Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 09:58 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
It had high flow cats, and 3.5" cat-back with no mufflers. That's it for power. It had stock wheels and tires at the drag strip. And it had some prototype coilover sleeves. It also had race seats and harnesses. On the road course and autocross it had Volk Progressive ME 19" wheels with Toyo R888 tires.
Very nice. How are you guys liking the Toyo R888? I plan on getting those for my road race setup. Any impressions/review?
Old 06-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Dave @ COBB
Sponsor
COBB Tuning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Very nice. How are you guys liking the Toyo R888? I plan on getting those for my road race setup. Any impressions/review?
They are a great tire. However, they do not make the right size for the GTR. At least not yet. We have told them what size we would like to see. We'll see if they actually make it. But we use those tires on everything. They are great for a 100 treadwear tire. Hoosiers and Kumho have a bit more grip, but are not legal for the classes we run the cars in.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:21 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

They are a great tire. However, they do not make the right size for the GTR. At least not yet. We have told them what size we would like to see. We'll see if they actually make it. But we use those tires on everything. They are great for a 100 treadwear tire. Hoosiers and Kumho have a bit more grip, but are not legal for the classes we run the cars in.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I would like to run the Toyo R888 for my street setup too, but their selection in 19" sizes is very limited. As of yet, they don't make the size that IIQuickSilverII and I need for our front fitment.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I know what you mean. I would like to run the Toyo R888 for my street setup too, but their selection in 19" sizes is very limited. As of yet, they don't make the size that IIQuickSilverII and I need for our front fitment.
A great reason to have a dedicated set of 18 incher track wheels. I like RE30's and CE28's personally for the track...18 inch.

The R888's are gummy.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Fluid1

COBB is currently only in BETA testing using BETA units on JDM GT-Rs.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Dave @ COBB
Sponsor
COBB Tuning

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
A great reason to have a dedicated set of 18 incher track wheels. I like RE30's and CE28's personally for the track...18 inch.

The R888's are gummy.
Don't worry, we have some RE30's with 345 Hoosiers on them. Although, we will probably be downgrading the tires a little for GT Live since the fronts don't quite clear the bodywork. And none of us want to roll the fenders on the boss' GTR.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Don't worry, we have some RE30's with 345 Hoosiers on them. Although, we will probably be downgrading the tires a little for GT Live since the fronts don't quite clear the bodywork. And none of us want to roll the fenders on the boss' GTR.
345's??? Nice nice!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:24 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

The R888's are gummy.
I'm actually planning on getting a set of 18" wheels and Toyo R888's for my roadcourse setup. I've consulted with Han at Intense about wheels. We're considering SSR wheels as well.

I just wish I could get the Toyo R888 in the 19" size I want for the front fitment on my street setup.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:11 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

ill be runnig t1rs oin the front for now.. as long as i keep it under dry condition driving(99.9% of the time anyways) it should all be ok
Old 06-23-2008, 06:24 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

I find it ironic the last two times Scott drove a car that we prepped, he finished 1st and 2nd, all the while complaining about the work we did...the car sucked....it caught on fire...leaked fluid. With a month to prep on his own, he placed himself squarely back of the pack.

I told him, those Forged stickers are worth at least 2-3 seconds....they should have left them on!
Sorry Sharif, but a month of preperation? They got the call literally a week before, and it takes 2 days just to drive to arizona, I know, because I rode with them. Being in the rush that we were in, we also forgot our brand new set of 315 R888s. So that didnt help us either. ALL weekend we had nothing but traction issues. If you listen to the videos closely, you can hear the G35 skipping through 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and you can hear it even skip in 4th gear. Did you happen to see the turbo lab nsx SPIN OUT because of the high power and lack of tire. So sorry our low tread R888's couldnt stay down to the ground, but right after the drag even we purchased new tires from the Toyo guys that were out there. They didnt even have our right size so we had to run a slightly smaller tire for the rest of the event. If it matters to you guys so much, im sure i can convince Pete to get some tire and run some good times at the local track. Even though Drag racing isnt a big part of his cars set up. So sorry Scott couldnt run better than a 13.1@120 with poop tires.

Last edited by EnjukuBG; 06-23-2008 at 06:34 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:36 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i8.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid8.photobucket.com/albums/a12/wa2good/PG007.flv">
looks like someones been messing with the tune or something else they forgot to change, its sounding like *** on top end
Spark plugs fouled out.

Last edited by EnjukuBG; 06-23-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:38 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Originally Posted by Philthy
You guys did a great job and the car looks great!

The BC racing car was a joke but heck, I've been saying that for a long time now... 600+whp and the can't even break into the 12's? 13.1 ET
They'll see you in Tennessee right?
Old 06-23-2008, 06:49 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

AMEN brothas!!!!!

That car and it's driver are ROFLtastic!!!!!!! And Jorge is right about that car sounding like *** on the top end. I don't know how anyone could possibly underperform any worse with 600+ whp.

This makes me so anxious for Intense to get my G done and back in my hands. I will be making similar whp numbers. I will beat the BC car's 1/4 mile time by over 2 seconds with me as the driver.

Yeah, I said it. Mark the day and time of this post folks. ROFLtastic Autosports and their minions can put that in their pipes and smoke it.
Beating a 13.1 is nothing to boast about. You guys are just in here to talk ****. Its obvious to see the simple problem of traction is the cause of everything. Negative camber doesnt help either. But honestly its not that big of a deal . Have fun beating a 13.1 at the track, whatever makes you feel better. Put on bald r888s on your car and run 2 seconds faster. Just keep talking guys, its entertaining.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:09 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

And you've got sand in your **** because PF tuned the car.

Nope, beating 13.1 won't be much of an accomplishment. But please spare us the excuses. This car and it's driver are still a joke. If you want to associate yourself with RA and Scott Bush, don't expect any respect or sympathy here.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:14 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

And you've got sand in your **** because PF tuned the car.

Nope, beating 13.1 won't be much of an accomplishment. But please spare us the excuses. This car and it's driver are still a joke. If you want to associate yourself with RA and Scott Bush, don't expect any respect or sympathy here.
Nope my Vagina is nice and clean, I wash it every day. Im not associating myself with anyone except Pete from BC racing suspension North America. He's a good guy. And what makes the car a joke? RA's Engine? Sharif install? or Performance Factorys tune? Please fill me in, i'd greatly appreciate it.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:29 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Because the car grossly underperformed. And now we're hearing the excuse that the car didn't have the tires it needed. So who decided to bring this car to a magazine tuner challenge with worn tires and a lack of spares or different tire setups for the different events?
Old 06-23-2008, 07:31 AM
blasian

Because the car grossly underperformed. And now we're hearing the excuse that the car didn't have the tires it needed. So who decided to bring this car to a magazine tuner challenge with worn tires and a lack of spares or different tire setups for the different events?
Originally Posted by Black Guy
Being in the rush that we were in, we also forgot our brand new set of 315 R888s.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:34 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Okay agreed, the car grossly underperformed without proper equipment. As long as everyone understands that. If we had more than 3 days to prep the car maybe it would've have been a little different. Pete has never planned on drag racing the vehicle. But you're right, we had worn tires, and a lot of negative camber and those are just lame excuses. Anymore reasons why this car sucks so bad? It seemed to perform well at the other events it has seen, minus whatever issues they had off the track.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:03 AM
mdracer76
Banned

wow.. so much hate in this thread. shame to the community as a whole to see / read some of the attitudes in this thread.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Originally Posted by Black Guy
Okay agreed, the car grossly underperformed without proper equipment. As long as everyone understands that. If we had more than 3 days to prep the car maybe it would've have been a little different. Pete has never planned on drag racing the vehicle. But you're right, we had worn tires, and a lot of negative camber and those are just lame excuses. Anymore reasons why this car sucks so bad? It seemed to perform well at the other events it has seen, minus whatever issues they had off the track.
The car did perform well at it's other even, you know, it's pretty hard not to when NO ONE ELSE is competing against you!

13.1 is just funny with 650whp! First time I ever ran my car at the 1/4 with street tires and ~450whp I ran a 12.3 @ 120mph (and that was with a lame 2.1 60ft), all I hear is your lame attempt to make up excuses...

Quick Reply: Cobb R35 GTR - Modified Tuner Shootout