Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Painted!! Nissan 350z Convertible Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 06:14 AM
rdballer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received my spoiler yesterday. I was less than pleased with it.

No installation instructions came with it. It doesn't seem to fit on the trunk lid correctly based on the pictures from their website being used for placement info.

There's a scratch in the paint under the clearcoat in the middle that runs about 6 inches.

There's a "hump" in the spoiler about 4 inches right of center that runs from the front to the back. Could this be where they had the problem with their mold that stopped production for a couple of months????

I've been trying to get one of these since November 2004 and this is what I received.... OMG
Old 02-17-2005, 08:20 AM
maxpowers

Let us know how it goes. They should ship you another one no questions asked I would hope.

I sent them an e-mail a few weeks ago asking if they would ship to Canada but they never responed.

Originally posted by rdballer
I received my spoiler yesterday. I was less than pleased with it.

No installation instructions came with it. It doesn't seem to fit on the trunk lid correctly based on the pictures from their website being used for placement info.

There's a scratch in the paint under the clearcoat in the middle that runs about 6 inches.

There's a "hump" in the spoiler about 4 inches right of center that runs from the front to the back. Could this be where they had the problem with their mold that stopped production for a couple of months????

I've been trying to get one of these since November 2004 and this is what I received.... OMG
Old 02-17-2005, 09:36 AM
MADooit

I'm also waching to see how they handle this. I was just about to order.

Please keep us posted.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:52 PM
rdballer

I called spoilerdepot today. I finally spoke with Alex (x107). He informed me that the workers that produced several 350ZR spoilers just after they resumed production (previous mold defect) that they did not allow the spoilers to cool enough before taking them out of the mold.

Their production manager alerted Alex that several went out to customers that were "bad" and my spoiler was one of the first ones in the "bad" batch.

They're shipping me another spoiler by next Tuesday to arrive no later than the following Friday.

I was expecting a fight, but Alex was pretty nice about it (since they screwed up big time). He didn't want the bad one back (it won't fit on the trunk lid). Maybe I can mount it on my wall???
Old 02-18-2005, 07:13 AM
maxpowers

Where did you get their number from? I would like to call them and ask if they ship to Toronto Canada.
Thanks,
Old 02-18-2005, 07:20 AM
maxpowers

I found their number on e-bay.

Originally posted by maxpowers
Where did you get their number from? I would like to call them and ask if they ship to Toronto Canada.
Thanks,
Old 02-18-2005, 08:54 AM
milanista

Originally posted by rdballer
I called spoilerdepot today. I finally spoke with Alex (x107). He informed me that the workers that produced several 350ZR spoilers just after they resumed production (previous mold defect) that they did not allow the spoilers to cool enough before taking them out of the mold.

Their production manager alerted Alex that several went out to customers that were "bad" and my spoiler was one of the first ones in the "bad" batch.

They're shipping me another spoiler by next Tuesday to arrive no later than the following Friday.

I was expecting a fight, but Alex was pretty nice about it (since they screwed up big time). He didn't want the bad one back (it won't fit on the trunk lid). Maybe I can mount it on my wall???
Please let us know how the new spoiler looks and fits, after you get it installed. I'd like to get one of those spoilers myself, but want to make sure all the "quality" issues have been addressed...
Old 02-18-2005, 04:40 PM
rdballer

I'll let you know how it works out.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have the number of that "Alex"?
Old 02-21-2005, 10:29 PM
rdballer

Alex's phone is 800-588-7005 x107
Old 02-22-2005, 10:49 AM
yr4m2

Default How about this wing?

It's a bit bigger and I wondered how it looked versus the other one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33638
Old 02-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Zcool

Good luck in getting your spoiler situation straightened out. When I bought mine I decided to go with a known brand name (Stillen) because of all the horror stories I heard about spoilers that were bought on eBay.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:27 PM
brianberes

Angry

I just put mine on this past weekend. I placed it exactly centered on my rear deck lid all the way to the edge of the trunk just like Bubbles (based on the pic) and the left and right rear side corners not sticking down onto the deck lid. There is about and 16th of and inch gap between the spoiler and the trunk lid on each side!?! The rest of the spoiler is stuck down though. I don't think that is acceptable I will be calling Spoilerdepot to discuss it. Has anyone else had any success or failure with installing this spoiler recently?
Old 02-23-2005, 02:22 PM
ZBoater

Originally posted by brianberes
I just put mine on this past weekend. I placed it exactly centered on my rear deck lid all the way to the edge of the trunk just like Bubbles (based on the pic) and the left and right rear side corners not sticking down onto the deck lid. There is about and 16th of and inch gap between the spoiler and the trunk lid on each side!?! The rest of the spoiler is stuck down though. I don't think that is acceptable I will be calling Spoilerdepot to discuss it. Has anyone else had any success or failure with installing this spoiler recently?
I had a little bit of a gap, but I just pressed down really hard and it stuck.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:07 PM
brianberes

I put all my weight down on each side trying to press it down and it would touch the trunk but just lift back up after I stopped pressing down.

thanks for the thought though!
Old 02-24-2005, 12:09 PM
ZBoater

I had to play with it a little bit in the sense that I had to slide it forward and backward until it found a point where the gap was the least wide. The spoiler ended up a little higher (farther towards the front) than I would have liked, but on that spot the ends were closest to the trunk and I could press them down and get them to stick.

I don't know, after all the work I've done on my car I would have gladly paid $800 and gotten it done right. You live and you learn...

Old 03-02-2005, 11:43 AM
knicksinny

Angry

I received this last week and I have the same gap at the ends I'm debating whether I should install it or not. Has anyone contacted spoilerdepot about getting a replacement for this issue?
Old 03-03-2005, 08:02 AM
bmfjeep

I put a Stillen spoiler on ours, I think it looks better than the tiny little ones. I am not a big Stillen fan but it fit.

http://www.warpspeedperformance.com/a350z.JPG
Old 03-17-2005, 09:31 AM
rufinrl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is what I did to my Z
Attached Thumbnails Painted!! Nissan 350z Convertible Spoiler-my-black-z.jpg   Painted!! Nissan 350z Convertible Spoiler-my-z-rear.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
AlvinJerald (06-05-2019)
Old 03-25-2005, 08:07 AM
350zroadster

I just ordered from them. Let you know how it turns out.

Quick Reply: Painted!! Nissan 350z Convertible Spoiler