Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

evo 8 or z..

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 01:15 PM
plumpzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Learn to drive first, i learned to drive in my moms car then i bought the Z. And in HS, kids will rape your car, i suggest waiting till u get to college before getting a nicer car. My friend got a new altima and some girl hit him from behind cause she was talking to her friend. I suggest waiting and getting a beater for HS years.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:36 PM
tachiro

evo 8 men with out thinking
Old 12-26-2005, 06:03 PM
damnyankee38

At 16? Maybe a 98 Dodge Stratus!!
Old 12-27-2005, 06:39 AM
EVOL 8

get what you want...it's your choice but understand what the power of both of these cars will do in careless hands.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Blue Komodo

Evo 9 MR.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:30 PM
wlch78

Mate, from a drving/performance point of view, go for the Evo 8, but the insurance on the turbo is going to cost you! On the bright side it's easier to handle in wet and you can take your girl friend or girl friends if the 2 seater is not enough.

Personally I think evo is more of a car that's suited to a younger/sportier age group such as yourself, Z is more for the older age group as it's styling is more classier towards young/mid age adults.

Either way it's a good choice, just balance it between performance or styling it will be easier. Good luck.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:25 PM
macca44

Originally Posted by ryanhartnett
i bought my first car for 300$ and an a bag of weed.
$50 dollars and mine came with a bag of weed
Old 01-09-2006, 03:39 PM
YBLegal

way differecnt class.. i rather take the Z becuase of its class.. you do some mods to it. its just as fast or faster then EVO
Old 01-24-2006, 05:45 PM
ASpenGDA

Originally Posted by Bran_BranZ33
tnsewalkin i couldnt have said it better myself.... ROFL

the question is do you want a sports car or do you want a wanna-be sports car?
an evolution a wanna-be? your definition of a sports car must be to attract bishes and nothing else. I own a 350z, and the evo outperforms the Z in all categories.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:05 PM
zmespeed

you have to know how to drive both front wheel drive cars and rear wheel drive cars proficiantly before you can drive a four wheel drive car. lots of evos have flipped because of the quick change in driving charictar. rwd is more consistant. but awd is only snapy if you push it.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Built2shredZ

Get a Evo 8, I only say this because I would rather see a Evo wrapped around a tree then a 350z...
Old 01-24-2006, 08:37 PM
Built2shredZ

Originally Posted by ASpenGDA
an evolution a wanna-be? your definition of a sports car must be to attract bishes and nothing else. I own a 350z, and the evo outperforms the Z in all categories.
I agree the Evo outperfroms the Z in all performance catagories BUT it looks like a econo car with a crappy body kit on it....

Last edited by Built2shredZ; 01-24-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:38 PM
NissanBlack350Z

Z looks way better, G looks the best
Old 01-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ASpenGDA
You dont own a Z, So shut up
Old 01-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Zuper-Fazt

Get an Evo8 so you can kill 4 other people along with yourself.

I drove a 1994 BMW 525i when I was 16, and THAT had enough power to get me into trouble...

Ive been driving since I was 14 though, so Ive never been an accident or gotten a ticket. At 19 going on 20 I am now upgrading to a 350Z. I can say that the Z is a hell of alot of car for a 16 y.o. for sure.

Take everyones advice... get a beater that you can put somelove into, save the rest of ur money, and in a few years ull be able to afford a Porsche at this rate.

my .02
Old 01-25-2006, 04:08 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wlch78
Mate, from a drving/performance point of view, go for the Evo 8, but the insurance on the turbo is going to cost you! On the bright side it's easier to handle in wet and you can take your girl friend or girl friends if the 2 seater is not enough.

Personally I think evo is more of a car that's suited to a younger/sportier age group such as yourself, Z is more for the older age group as it's styling is more classier towards young/mid age adults.

Either way it's a good choice, just balance it between performance or styling it will be easier. Good luck.
ive owned both an 05 evo8 and an 03 z.

imo the z was by far easier to control. the evo is much more powerful (or feels that way from lag). if you dont know how to adjust for torque steer (car pulling under hard acceleration) your gonna get hurt.

the z was very tame so long as the vdc was on. even with it off, the only time it became unmanageable is when flooring it around turns (which u shouldnt do.)

Evo will cost u more in insurance.
Do u know how to drive a stick? evos only come in manual.
Are you ready to pay $650 every 10000miles for new tires? (evos eat tires with the camber settings from the factory)
Be prepared to replace your clutch.

In your situation, first i would recommend you get a much slower <180hp beater and learn how to drive. i guarantee no matter what you think u know, u arent that great at it. then after abotu a year start thinking about one of these cars.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:58 AM
EVOL 8

You guys crack me up with this whole z vs evo argument. Time and time again I hear how "ugly" the evo is. Do you want to drive a sports car that outperforms everything in its class or whine about styling? As far as maintenance, don't believe the horror stories. I have 50 K on mine with not one problem. Sure, the Advans that come on the wheels from the factory wear fast...although mine made it almost 25K. Brembo pads wearing at around 45K. Just because a car outperforms the Z and doesn't fit you, doesn't mean ****...Don't hate just because it's not "oh so sexy" like the Z. I thought we were car freaks here? Performance lovers?
Old 01-25-2006, 06:06 AM
wooochang

Originally Posted by need Z
^ +1

these cars have too much power for someone learning how to drive. Go with a beater or something and work your way up. Trust me, it'll be better in the long run.
dang, how old are you guys? do any of you remember what its like to be 16? i wouldnt give two sh*ts about some old foogie (hahaha when i was 16 anything above 20 was old to me) telling me a car was unsafe or something. in fact, i would think that im God and nothing could hurt me.

the kid wants advice bwt an evo and a Z. obviously he's spoiled and $$ isnt a concern for him. so telling him the difference between insurance and the cost of mods probably doesnt matter to him either.

i would say get the evo. as a kid the extra space in the back seats will do you good in case you ever go snowboarding or go out with friends or try to reach the holy grail of 16 year olds; second base with a girl.

since the evo is uglier and looks like a modded civic, it might not draw as much attention from the other kids at your school so you wont have to worry about people keying it or kicking dents into it out of jealously.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:51 AM
EVOL 8

Originally Posted by wooochang
since the evo is uglier and looks like a modded civic, it might not draw as much attention from the other kids at your school so you wont have to worry about people keying it or kicking dents into it out of jealously.
gotta disagree again....Zs are dime a dozen around here, whereas there are maybe 3 evos around. If anything the wild look of the hood and front mount IC grabs more attention from others than a Z....the evo looks modded as you said, hence gaining more attention than that of your everyday production car. Wow, some of you Z guys are really stuck on yourselves and your cars....it's just a vehicle. Anyone who would judge you by what you drive is just as much a tool as you.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:20 AM
YBLegal

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
Get a Evo 8, I only say this because I would rather see a Evo wrapped around a tree then a 350z...

Quick Reply: evo 8 or z..