Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Trading your Z for a convertible Z?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 05:13 PM
mcduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trading your Z for a convertible Z?

Now that we've seen the convertible 350Z, I was just wondering if anyone is considering trading in their Z to get the convertible?

Let's assume the price will be $4-$5K over a similar coupe model. Anyone?

At first, i thought "no", but then I considered fun of driving such a vehicle. I was seriously looking at TT kits for my current 350Z and realized that for about the same outlay of cash, i can upgrade to a convertible model.

Going faster is fun, but I think going as fast as I do now with the option to drop the top will be even more fun!!!

Anyone else care to weigh in?
Old 02-14-2003, 06:32 PM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Convertible

When I test drove the Z I knew it was the car for me. I already knew it was coming in a convertible so I just went ahead and put a deposit on a convertible sight-unseen. Now I am extra glad I did.

I know not everyone here agrees, but to me there is NOTHING more fun to drive than a 2-seater convertible with decent handling and power.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:42 PM
Z Mack

Hey Andy,

Not much of a convertible guy myself. Sure it's nice when the weather is perfect, not too hot, not too cold, but most of the time the top is going to be up. And convertibles, especially the Z32, don't usually look as good with the top up.

The lines of this Z are just so well done, that I don't know if I'd like the look of the Z convertible with the top up. I think it looks great with the top down, but again, that won't be most of the time.

Now a retractable hardtop is another story, but that'll never happen on a Z.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:25 PM
mcduck

Hey Darrin...

my current Z typically only sees "perfect weather" driving anyway.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:43 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Using a convertible

Z Mack, I see what you are saying, but I think how much someone puts the top down is a function of how much they like convertibles in the first place. Hard core convetible fans WILL put the top down.

I live in CT, not ideal convertible country, but when I drive a convertible the top is down any time the temperature is above 70 or so. (unless it is WAY to sunny since I am a edhead and sunburn at the same rate as the average vampire). Oh yeah, I always keep sunblock in the car to.

I have even been known to wear a light jacket just so I can keep the top down in the cooler weather.

Since I go to work during the morning and home in the PM it is rarely too sunny to lower the top. I will admit that I put the top up when it is sunny in the afternoon and hot.

Whenever I own a convertible I will always have a "bad weather car" so when I am in the convertible there is a good chance I will have the top down.

Funny that my favorite things in life are better topless!

Just my $0.02