Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

My new interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 05:31 PM
zprincess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JZurita
Great paint job. It doesn't look right on a Z, but whatever floats your boat I guess. Definitely recommend getting rims and BBK's to replace those painted stockies!
Those aren't stock brakes. They are AP racing brakes.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:15 PM
JZurita

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zprincess
Those aren't stock brakes. They are AP racing brakes.

AAAAAHHH now I see! Must have been half asleep looking at the pictures lol. Should have known too, especially since...

Old 02-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Solopresident

cars different for sure. work looks great. parts seem nice but like everone said, do the rims FAST.

dpe, iforged, HRE, volk, would be who i looked at.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:27 PM
zprincess

Larry went to a show tonight and got our first best of show interior trophy. He was quite happy.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:36 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

congrats
Old 02-17-2008, 01:47 AM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice work on the interior. It is hard to take a car that is so strongly themed and keep everything consistent when adding to it.

I think the theme is very unique, very well done, and a definite eye catcher. The only thing I'd question as far as making the interior flow is the Nissan emblems that the birds are carrying. I get the idea, but I think for the flow of your theme, the birds alone would have served you better.

On the other hand, very few people are creative and artistic enough to even conceive this car, let alone create it.

The level of detail is amazing and I love the idea of the etched glass.

Along with most of the others, this is not a car I'd drive as a guy, but the quality of work is commendable.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:55 AM
coachk
Banned

This car looks amazing in person...I saw it at THE RUN. At first clance you say what was that person thinking and then when you really take the time to look at it and understand their goals, its truly a work of art.

Congrats on your car show wins.....
Old 02-18-2008, 03:15 AM
zprincess

Thanks coach. Coming from you that is quite a compliment.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:35 AM
taurran

Definitely not my style (being a man and all), but I can appreciate the craftsmanship involved in it. And yes, it needs a set of wheels. The ones they throw on at the dealership are pretty weak looking.

As far as the shows, you know my opinion on it... Any show that you can pull a stock car off the showroom floor and win a trophy because it is detailed is not an enthusiasts show to me (like the shows you are winning at). For reference, I pulled in one of these shows with some other Z's and we had stock Z's winning "best in show" because they were clean and easy to detail. It's more of a detailing contest than anything.

Have you entered any real competitive car shows yet?
Old 02-18-2008, 03:36 AM
tropicalypso

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is simply a beautiful car. I had the good fortune of meeting one of the owners at a car show event last year. Sure, the car doesn't follow the typical path that many on take on this forum, but she definitely draws a crowd

To the op, awesome interior, I am sure I will see you and your husband at future shows.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:17 AM
Bolaz

Congratz!
Old 02-18-2008, 06:37 AM
Flee0588

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Not working for me, sorry. Yes the rims make me angry, but besides that, the paint doesnt even flow well. It looks like they painted just the sides without ever fading/matching for the front and rear. It might be a really nice picture, but it looks out of place. Not to mention the fact that you went with the stillen SC. I dont know...nothing about your car is doing it for me. Ok, I like the interior but you totally fcuked it up with those birds. Sorry but if your husband posted this same thread under ZPrince, he'd be flamed like no other.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:49 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

I'm sorry, but that's the ugliest thing I've seen. Where do you live? The Florida Keys?

Old 02-18-2008, 07:42 AM
spdtckts

very nice car. love the theme. congrats on the win
Old 02-18-2008, 08:57 AM
zprincess

Originally Posted by taurran

Have you entered any real competitive car shows yet?
We have won at many competitive car shows. The show he won the trophy at Saturday night was a show run by the same people that told him to get a real car last year. They don't clean their cars like we do either. We find that the people running the shows like us to show up because many people look at our car and 99% of the comments are positive. There are always going to be negative comments from those people jealous or with no appreciation for art.

We hire only the best people to do the work, who have proven themselves. Both the graphics and the interior were completed by professional artists who have well established reputations and credentials. All parts are brand new.

Oh by the way, our car is clean to be sure, we do not spray anything on it to cover the dirt so it looks clean. We clean it extensively.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:24 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by zprincess
We have won at many competitive car shows. The show he won the trophy at Saturday night was a show run by the same people that told him to get a real car last year. They don't clean their cars like we do either. We find that the people running the shows like us to show up because many people look at our car and 99% of the comments are positive. There are always going to be negative comments from those people jealous or with no appreciation for art.

We hire only the best people to do the work, who have proven themselves. Both the graphics and the interior were completed by professional artists who have well established reputations and credentials. All parts are brand new.

Oh by the way, our car is clean to be sure, we do not spray anything on it to cover the dirt so it looks clean. We clean it extensively.
Well from the pics it does look clean and look like real quality work. You've got nothing but kudos from me for that. Trust me, if I knew someone competent in the tampa bay area to do paint I would my car there for some work.

I'm glad you enjoy doing what you're doing so whatever floats your boat. However, I've been told by some of the locals (not giving names) that you come across as a bit arrogant. I can also see this in your posts. If you're going to give people that impression then you may want to have a good basis for doing so...
Old 02-18-2008, 01:21 PM
kenpo_350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it looks pretty sharp! You found a theme you like and you followed it through. Some people do things halfway but you did it all. I think more people would do stuff like that if they had the money or guts to do it.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:01 PM
zprincess

Originally Posted by taurran
Well from the pics it does look clean and look like real quality work. You've got nothing but kudos from me for that. Trust me, if I knew someone competent in the tampa bay area to do paint I would my car there for some work.

I'm glad you enjoy doing what you're doing so whatever floats your boat. However, I've been told by some of the locals (not giving names) that you come across as a bit arrogant. I can also see this in your posts. If you're going to give people that impression then you may want to have a good basis for doing so...
I am sure that some of the locals say we come across as a bit arrogant. Probably him more so than me. We do not consider ourselves to be that way. Larry has been told he is brutally honest which some people perceive as arrogant.

Thanks for the initial compliment.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:34 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
I'm sorry, but that's the ugliest thing I've seen. Where do you live? The Florida Keys?

a bit dramatic don't you think?
Old 02-20-2008, 11:20 AM
SlickRick2869

Not my cup of tea... but I will say that you did a great job on it. Who did your seats?

Quick Reply: My new interior