Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Anyone got any complaints or annoyances (big or small)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 05:15 PM
mattyzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone got any complaints or annoyances (big or small)?

(Warning: This thread is intended to be nitpicking and petty towards the 2004 Roadster, but should not be misinterpreted to assume that I am not 150% INFATUATED AND IN LOVE with my 2004 Silverstone Touring Roadster)

Wondering if anyone is finding anything about their Roadster that they don't love.

My annoyances:
- the "one-touch" button on the back of the passenger seat is nice when trying to get to the lockbox. it'd be great if it was a "one-touch" to return it to its original position.

- If I'm running the heater (top down at nightime), when I shut the car down and then start it again, it always starts with the A/C on. Is that a user error (i.e. am I an idiot) or intended design?

- Not thrilled with the stereo system. I've seen in-dash changers that will continue to play a CD while others are being inserted or ejected. (I'm aware of the petition that's circulating, but have chosen not to sign it)

- Why couldn't they have put the controls for the stereo on the steering wheel? That was perhaps the feature I recall the most fondly when I think back to the '86 300 that my father had and passed along to me, and between the two of us we put 217K miles on her.

- having to hold the button for the roof is also annoying. "One-touch" would be nice.

- what's with the velvet-like material inside the ashtray? (between center console and shifter) And is it an ashtray or a cell phone holder? (cigs would burn it, and my cell phone doesn't fit)

I think that's it... time to go driving!!!

Old 09-17-2003, 06:51 PM
mwest300zx

I agree with the majority of your comments,mattyzz and have a couple of my own nitpicky comments.
Lights on the garage door opener buttons would be nice
More power seat adjustments
Old 09-18-2003, 05:11 AM
ephilyawjr

Default skdjfl

The little storage is for coins. - You can purchase a cigarette holder to place there instead. Please note that my person opinion is that if you smoke in the Z it will depreciate $5,000.00. I would not buy a smokers car - It is a smell that can not be cleared out - You must replace carpet, headliner (top here) and seats just to start out.

The front Brake Pads SUCK - I hate washing wheels every 50 miles. ( I ordered EBC Greenstuff)

I liner would have been nice for the roof to buffett some of the noise - especially rain. If it rains you can't here anything.

The auto up button on the Pass side is nice, but holding the button back is a pain. - I would rather a manuel up down.

I personally like the stereo. - I did like the JBL 300 watt in my Toyota better.

It should have come would a direct wire for cell phone.

Where is the air bag kill switch - Why did I have to install my own?

Seriously for the Money - The only problem with me is the Brake pads (fixable for less than $100). Other than that I think the car is under priced!
Old 09-18-2003, 08:39 AM
ShaftEd

Cool

Let's see....

Yep, front brake pads will be outta there soon.

I have the Touring model and the Bose is pretty good, not great but good. I have a Dodge truck that has the stereo controls on the steering wheel. A nice touch, but not too bad without it on the Z, as everything is close at hand anyway.

Takes a while to get used to the AC controls, but I think I have it figured out now. Of course, I haven't run the heater yet, since I'm in SoCal.

I'm having a few problems with the soft top, mostly when I am closing it, and it lands on the front window area, it has torn the rubber insulation just a bit at each of the 3 points where the latches are. Not sure if they will all do this, or maybe mine needs adjustment. I'll be going to the dealer to inspect.

I've got some orange peel issues on the fenders. Hood and trunk are not too bad.

The "dead" pedal is a plastic piece of crap, already loose and stripped on the threads.

None of these problems are a deal closer though. Overall the car is pretty fantastic. When my wife and I were shopping for a roadster, it come down to the Z, Z4, or SLK. I didn't fit in the SLK(6'2"), We liked the Z4 quite a bit, especially since I have 2 BMW motorcycles and find them to be excellent bikes and I've owned almost every brand in 30 years of riding. However, the Bimmer engine(3.0), just didn't have that punch off the line and didn't have an inspiring sound to it. I tell ya, with the top down and cruising in the Z, you don't even need a stereo, that Z motor is a concert in itself.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:53 PM
pglover

Loving my Silverstone, vented seats, 6sp, Nav and 18 inch wheels.

Minor complaints, ditto to the first post, particularly the passenger seat movement, should be auto both ways. Hate that the AC always comes on.

My big complaint is the top....one layer...come on should have been at least three layers. Friends have a Golf that has 7 layers, BMW 3 plus - the difference in interior finish and sound is noticable.

Last complaint...not enough hours in the day to drive the car - it is a BLAST