Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

So who's NOT having problems with their convertible top?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:55 PM
johns350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by taylorms
San Antonio
So - the top should be DOWN most of the year

Enjoy...
Old 05-17-2009, 05:20 AM
taylorms

Originally Posted by johns350
So - the top should be DOWN most of the year

Enjoy...
Good point! I just wanted to make sure its going to go back up for the 2 months of "Winter" we get here.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:51 PM
pfunkmob

I use 303 protectant on mine. Great stuff about 1/2 months or so. 303products.com
Old 05-27-2009, 06:53 PM
srmd22

Originally Posted by A3VT 74
Yup... just know that just like anything else if you do preventive maintenance you extend the life of the top... but eventually it will go...

I use water repellent spray on it. I never put the top down if it is wet.

When I clean it, I use a soft cloth...

When I wash the car I take the excess water out with a leaf blower... In fact I use the leaf blower to dry the whole car and take the water out of the mirrors, etc. then I dry up the rest by hand...

NEVER go on those automatic car wash from the gas stations and NEVER use preasure water on the top...

Good luck and enjoy...
I have a 2004. I put the top up and down incessantly. Still works like new. A little wear on the rubber seals on the sides, but still waterproof.

All that crap about the leaf blower, not putting the top down when wet up in that post ^^ I never even thought about that stuff, and have had no problems, zero.

Also, that guy saying your pics are off topic: he is a douche. Nice pics. We all like to see pics whenever.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:57 AM
taylorms

Originally Posted by srmd22
I have a 2004. I put the top up and down incessantly. Still works like new. A little wear on the rubber seals on the sides, but still waterproof.

All that crap about the leaf blower, not putting the top down when wet up in that post ^^ I never even thought about that stuff, and have had no problems, zero.

Also, that guy saying your pics are off topic: he is a douche. Nice pics. We all like to see pics whenever.
Good feedback--thanks!
Old 06-15-2009, 02:50 AM
yogipower

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by na_350z
Where do I begin...

I have two rips on the top... right by the rear window, and one right above that one. They get bigger and bigger so it blows. I can't leave the car out in the rain otherwise I wake up the next morning and my seat is wet. Good thing I made room in the garage and it sits in there now.

Next... The top gets stuck while the top is going down. It will get stuck right when it's 75% down then all of a sudden it feels like something jammed. I have to hit the close button and make it go back up a few inchs then hit the open button for it to go down completely down. I might be the only one with this specific problem but it's annoying having a convertible but you actually have to work at it to get it down or worst worry about it ripping some more.

So I'm looking into that idea of the removable hard top
i got the same problem with my z...
Old 06-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Ret.A10Pilot

Default Great Info

Just pick up an 05, and have zero ideas what i should do to maintain the top,
This 303 product, is it like a scotchgard?
And is there any oiling spots etc for all pivot points etc to be oiled ?
Old 06-15-2009, 05:05 PM
SeraphDamien

I know the question was Who is "not" having issues...

But I'm here to say that I am having major top issues. The passenger side near the rear window is splitting.... The exact same issue on the driver side, but it is just starting to split. Occasionally the top freezes when going down as well.

I purchased the car from the dealer with a "Certified Warranty" and a "Full Wrap" apparently due to the age (it's a 2004 with 50k miles) the top isn't covered anymore? Or was never covered... even though they said it was. And they shrugged and laughed at me when I told them it seems to be an issue with multiple years of the vehicle. But I guess if it's not covered anymore.. it's not covered. Just really sucks because I've had the car for less than 6 months.

I wish the rest of the Roadster owners out there luck with their tops.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:24 PM
TittieZ

Originally Posted by Chaser720
Interesting choice of wheels. I guess we all have to have our 15 seconds of fame...

FYI there is no need to post pictures if it doesnt pertain to the topic which as you stated yourself has already been discussed.

Sorry sir but you fail.
OH wow, as if they don't already have enough of that criticism around here. It's only his opinion that matters, right? Psh! Very unique look, I like it! I'm sure it gets TONS of stares

Anyway! I have on '05 350zr, and I just bought it about a month ago. No problems for the first two weeks, but lately it's been acting up. I go to open the top, and it clicks like the latch opens, but then when the back end is supposed to lift up and let the stowage door open, it doesn't do anything most of the time. It seems to work at random times, but I was curious if anyone else has dealt with this problem and fixed it yet, cause I'm not up for getting raped at the dealership...