Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Car cover dillema

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 04:38 AM
ear-doc2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car cover dillema

I want to get a cover for my 07 Roadster but I sure am having a hard time finding one. Originally I looked for a used one but that search has not been sucessful. New ones are easy to find but there are so many to choose from.
I keep the car in the garage so I don't need a heavy or waterproof cover. I want one that has the mirror and antenna cover and I think I have narrowed it down to two choices. The cover from Nissan, although I really don't care if it has the Nissan Z emblem on it and they are pricey, or one from carcoversdirect.com. It's hard to find out much about the oem cover while all the on line sites give you tons of info about the product. The oem is $225, and the on line cover is $179. delivered. I would certainly appreciate any reccomendations.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:01 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have had several $200 weather proof covers for outdoor use. That would be overkill for you. A $100 cover to keep off the dust will be fine.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:16 AM
beezee

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ear-doc2
I want to get a cover for my 07 Roadster but I sure am having a hard time finding one. Originally I looked for a used one but that search has not been sucessful. New ones are easy to find but there are so many to choose from.
I keep the car in the garage so I don't need a heavy or waterproof cover. I want one that has the mirror and antenna cover and I think I have narrowed it down to two choices. The cover from Nissan, although I really don't care if it has the Nissan Z emblem on it and they are pricey, or one from carcoversdirect.com. It's hard to find out much about the oem cover while all the on line sites give you tons of info about the product. The oem is $225, and the on line cover is $179. delivered. I would certainly appreciate any reccomendations.
The first part of your post seems to suggest that price may be an issue. Then the issue of choice followed. As far as the second part goes, I would say go for the OEM one. It is just a car cover that can be used whether you park your car inside or outside. If there are any concerns or questions you could ask the stealership that you want to order from. There are pockets for the mirrors and the antenna. They are supposed to protect your car from moisture and dust while in storage.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Slickdvl

I use the Noah wolf i bought for around 150 on ebay brand new (all weather). Great cover, however its thin; don't expect it to keep scratches off in case something bumps it.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:38 PM
ear-doc2

Default Car cover dillema

Thank you for all the input. I went to the dealer tioday and ordered the lighter of the two OEM covers that they carry. It was $111.00 plus tax and Ithink this will handle my needs. Again thanks for your responses.